Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Shelvy is the best player in this league by a margin I'd say...

****ing hell, Nufc player taken out of it with a shin high challenge and sky talk about shelvy handbags....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M5 wrote: »
    Shelvy is the best player in this league by a margin I'd say...

He's also a bloody lunatic... but he's our lunatic.

Sammy, seriously?

(secretly hoping for commentators curse)

But really, trying this again?

If that was an accident he would have apologised immediately...

Don Goodman makes a meal of Shelvey's incident. Calls Lynch's stamp an "accident". Right.

Greedy Perez. Silly

Perez FFS you clown.

Just get off

Fúck sake Perez x2

• Advertisement

Other than those 2 ridiculous errors he actually did ok

You are kidding me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Bunch of ****ing wasters. They deserve nothing from this season. Most of them deserve to rot in the championship

No competition whatsoever at the club for the umpteenth time and the same error strewn garbage is served up again and again.

When will we learn? There are no consequences for having a **** game, the lad on the bench is even worse. The ****ing model doesn't work. 10 years of it

FFS

QPR, Blackburn x2, Huddersfield, Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday. The complacency is astounding.

Fúcking hell. That was pathetic stuff.

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. You can see exactly where this game and probably the season are going. You watch as another chance to build from a position as strength goes begging. You watch the same sub standard dross creeping back into the team, the renewed hope that maybe this time gouffran and ameobi will finally do something. Same **** different season. Spending as little as possible the goal, football a distant second

Zombie club. Benitez will be off by the summer once he inevitably tells Charnley and co to jump in a lake when presented with gouffran on a new contract

That_Guy wrote: »
    Fúcking hell. That was pathetic stuff.

We have been absolutely crap since the run of wins ended. Like a switch. We have won games but it's always been scrappy. Last week a prime example. Absolutely bossed by Rotherham but individual performance in the second half won't it for us.

The smallest semblance of pressure and we collapse like a house of cards. Mentally weak, sub standard players. If we do get promoted and don't make wholesale changes we'll get pummelled next season

• Advertisement

Rafa who has "full control over transfers" is tonight "surprised and disappointed" that we didn't sign anybody in January. Also could not explain why there was no movement and admits he hand job idea.

This all sounds very very familiar lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

disaster result last night, 1 up after 40 seconds and nothing after that. shelvey constantly doing hollywood passes, only 1 out of 12 pull off. we should be using the wings and play to Murphy strength, he was isolated up there and couldn't do nothing, chasing balls into corners.

thought lascelles was brutal, yedlin did ok and can be an attacking strenght, we miss gayle bad... real bad!!

Wowzer, a result went our way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rafa ready to walk because of Ashley. Lads you needs a new owner if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Rafa ready to walk because of Ashley. Lads you needs a new owner if that happens.

No doubt he's not happy with the last window ... but any links to news sources that suggest Rafa is considering walking?

If you were a website I'd call click bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    No doubt he's not happy with the last window ... but any links to news sources that suggest Rafa is considering walking?

If you were a website I'd call click bait.

All the major UK papers are running with it, latest news is that he'll stay for the remainder of the season and consider his future in the summer.

Absolutely no clue how much credibility the story has but it's all over the news sites, Martin Hardy (a Newcastle man himself I believe) from the Independent was the first to break it.

• Advertisement

fair enough ... still call it lazy journalism..

Next think there will be a story that a source close to Jose has said that he wants to leave the PL due to bad refereeing calls going agaisnt him.

Ashley waded once the run of wins ended. Also supposedly unhappy with one or two of the signings. Has supposedly removed responsibility from Benitez. Strange how he gets one window but others get several failed windows and are there.

I agree that we need a new owner. I would imagine the aspirations are to stay in the league while spending the bare minimum.

Rafa may be there as he can attract a better calibre of player on free transfers.

If that's the case Rafa is gone sooner or later

Ho many times have we heard the "we made mistakes but we have learned from them and are changing" line?

I would assume that Ashely isnt happy that mbemba and mitro arent getting playing time considering what they cost.

If all this comes to fruition and rafa leave over the transfer policy (changes) ... I'm done ... I'll be finding myself a new team

Torn between seen enough of Mitro and he's only hi ping yet. That is an awful miss, easier to score

This is very very scrappy. We can't close out games any more. Every game is a struggle

• Advertisement

Battling performance in the end! Jesus we need to work on maintaining possession though. Made a meal off that.

The refereeing at its usual standard, those two ad the end were baffling

Brighton yet again dead and buried and get back into the game. Another missed penalty against them. If only we had half the bottle and fight they have

Ave it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

3-3 now ffs

Ah jasus.... Late goals killing us recently

Still a good day though

still worked out a good round of results, draw would have been better in Leeds game.

top now and game in hand over a few under us.... fingers crossed Gayle is back pretty soon

bye bye Tiote, finally got his move to China.

I will always remember him for that goal, 720 degree turns, playing across his box constantly, and the disallowed City goal.

interesting that he was our longest serving outfield player

fitzparker wrote: »
    bye bye Tiote, finally got his move to China.

I will always remember him for that goal, 720 degree turns, playing across his box constantly, and the disallowed City goal.

interesting that he was our longest serving outfield player

Its the 'serving' piece ice an issue with.

Hasnt served the ckub for going on 3 seasons now.

Imho to be considered a serving player you need ro actually spend the odd 45-60m on the pitch.

Tiote has been shíte for ages. A season and a half of decent performances but ultimately pretty poor.

Won't be missed by me anyway.

defo won't miss him, cost us about 5 goals a season doing that poxy turn on defenders in the box! at one stage we could have got 15m+ for him, now he leaves for 500K to go to second teir in China

• Advertisement

Matter of time, miles off the pace again.

Mitro being targeted. Falling for it of course.

Commentator having a laugh. Yeah Mitrovic planned that!

"stamp" :rolleyes:

PS yeeeeeesss

Fingers crossed we are never on tele again. This is torture

The next 4 are on TV I think

Starting to grind out the results anyway. Want pretty hut we won.

Can't remember the last comfortable game. Rotherham was touch and go up till after ht

Was at the Dubs game yesterday evening so didn't catch the game. By all accounts another slog to get the win?

Playing ****e at home again

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Playing ****e at home again

Lost our last 11 straight Monday night games!

Can't remember the last comfortable win

M5 wrote: »
    Lost our last 11 straight Monday night games!

Can't remember the last comfortable win

It's hard to understand. We were flying leading into December. Miles clear and looking untouchable. That game at Nottingham Forest seemed to change everything even though it was robbery by an appalling referee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

My god we really are grinding things out these days, I suppose if wer winning its not a bad thing.

Really hope gayle isnt too bad, we look very slow and pedestrian up top when he doesn't play

Advertisement