Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That ball from Ritchie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

top of the table home game and the fans are heading with time left and added on time

disgrace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Atsu has redeemed himself for being a shítcunt all night with that touch and pass.

Sky lads are sick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I can't get my head around our home form. We're so much better away from home it's scary. Blackburn about the only away game we bottled whereas at home the list is massive.
    Big result with the next two coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Congrats lads - gritty performance there imo. Would have been easy up fold after the soft penalty early on. Enjoy!

Huge result for the next few games. Why can't we play with that conviction at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysis, Rafa having the banter with the players on the pitch there. :eek::)

• Advertisement

lets not fool ourselves tho ...

Diame was poor as were atsu and colback ... I didnt think darlow played well either

We were largely shít.

Still some concerns.

It was never going to be easy.

But somehow, we pulled a result out of our arse when we were making the most basic of errors throughout.

Am I concerned? A little.

But right now... It's time for a beer.

I'll worry about Saturday on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You're two points clear at the top with 12 games to go :)

Looking at the table there and we've dropped 11 points against the teams in 20th-22nd, 8 of which were at home. Add in the QPR draw (12th), Nottingham Forest farce (18th) and two further home losses to Wednesday and Huddersfield it all makes for frustrating viewing. We could be as good as up by now.

As it is we're not and you'll always get a few games where it goes against you. We seem better set to play when teams dont arrive at St James' to defend and catch us out. Confident going to Huddersfield now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Jammy win. Feel sorry for Hughton, it's a cruel game sometimes!

Ardent wrote: »
    Jammy win. Feel sorry for Hughton, it's a cruel game sometimes!

To be fair, both teams had their slice of luck.

Dodgy pen.
    Lucky equaliser.

There was only one real piece of quality in the game when Ritchie passed the ball to Atsu to set up the winner.

I do want Brighton to go up automatically but putting distance between ourselves and Huddersfield is priority right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Wow. That was a huge win. Dug in deep. I thought when goufrann missed it was game over. For 15 minutes we lost total shape!

Colback has to come out, drop diame back or bring anita in.

In rafa we trust. Great confidence going Ino Saturday, only downfall is its on tele so we will be ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Massive win. Still two tough games to come, but great way to start a difficult run of games.

6 points from Brighton.
    0 points from Blackburn.

Pure Newcastle United that is. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I can't get my head around our home form. We're so much better away from home it's scary. Blackburn about the only away game we bottled whereas at home the list is massive.
    Big result with the next two coming

Rafa was the same at Liverpool, a lot of draws against the fodder teams of the league. He's a master of a big away game though which is why you will always do well in Europe with him.

Big win for ye lads, nearly there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

That Diame goal was definitely practised in the training ground! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can anyone hazard a guess as to when the Leeds match will kick off? Wanting to book flights, don't know if game will be moved!

Mushy wrote: »
    Can anyone hazard a guess as to when the Leeds match will kick off? Wanting to book flights, don't know if game will be moved!

Likely to be a televised game I'd say. My guess is a 5:30pm kick off.

Was looking to head over myself but flights are very pricey.

That_Guy wrote: »

Likely to be a televised game I'd say. My guess is a 5:30pm kick off.

Was looking to head over myself but flights are very pricey.

That's what I was thinking, but they'd announce it before weekend. Doubt I can stay over too. If it's not moved, can get to Edinburgh for 54 return then train down. Both teams playing the Monday too so a late kick off would be lousy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Moved to good Friday 7.45 kick off

matrixf wrote: »

Moved to good Friday 7.45 kick off

Just saw that, need to make it work!

I'm heading off to Newcastle in May for the Barnsley game with a few mates.

Anyone got any tips on good pubs/restaurants? We'll be there Sat morning to Sunday night. Really looking forward to it.

chewed wrote: »
    I'm heading off to Newcastle in May for the Barnsley game with a few mates.

Anyone got any tips on good pubs/restaurants? We'll be there Sat morning to Sunday night. Really looking forward to it.

The Strawberry is a good spot. Literally right beside the Gallowgate end. Jammers on match day but always good for pre match atmosphere.

Mind you, it's pretty decent afterwards too.

Sam Jacks is also alright. Bit mad in there if that's your thing.

Tiger Tiger do (or at least did) BOGOF drinks between 7pm and 9pm.

Avoid Sinners. Pure shíte.

The Gate is usually ok. Lots of different places in there for booze.

As for restaurants. The Goose do a good carvery/roast. Busy spot especially of a Sunday.

The Red House is an excellent pie and ale house by the Quayside and I HIGHLY recommend it. Fúcking delicious beer and food.

The Hotspur gets an honourable mention too for a quiet pint before you get the Metro to the airport.

Thanks a mill for the advice!

I just found out that the match has been put forward from 3pm to 12pm! Bit of a pain as I was looking forward to a lie on and some pre match pints!!! :mad:

chewed wrote: »
    I was looking forward to a lie on and some pre match pints!!! :mad:

Ah would ya stop. Myself and M5 a few years ago met in the Strawberry. I'd been drinking since 10am before the Sunderland game.

Pint of ale in one hand. A bacon toastie in the other.

Glorious.

Take that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Our luck seems to be turning. It's us getting jammy goals and dubious penalties.

Couldn't get a break at all for months

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ah would ya stop. Myself and M5 a few years ago met in the Strawberry. I'd been drinking since 10am before the Sunderland game.

Pint of ale in one hand. A bacon toastie in the other.

Glorious.

Think we were in there the night before too?

Our work rate is excellent so far

M5 wrote: »
    Our work rate is excellent so far

We're like a Championship Liverpool. Tend to show up in the big games you'd think could hurt us and switch off when it should straightforward

Beauty

Working hard again. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Lots of pressure being put on the last few minutes hopefully we can see the half through without conceding. When Darlow is on he really is a fantastic young keeper.

Lots of pressure being put on the last few minutes hopefully we can see the half through without conceding. When Darlow is on he really is a fantastic young keeper.

Bread and butter saves so far imo

One of these long shots will fly into the top corner eventually. That's one area that needs addressed at ht

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I was talking about Darlow in a more general sense rather than specifically this game!

• Advertisement

I'd be making a change or two lively

Scrappy enough second half. Howler from Coleman. Still, 11 points clear of Huddersfield is huge.

Very different performance from us, containing game and we looked solid.

The fat lady is clearing her throat, probably 4/5 wins will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

1 thing this team definitely has under rafa is bottle.

Il take that after years of flakiness

I like that fact that we are able to see out games...

Last year (not that we'd ever make it to 0-2 up), when they came back to 1-2 we would have caved...

I think the pen makes up for the one agaisnt us against Brighton. neither were close to a pen.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/board/6/talk-town

If anyone has a bit of free time and wants some Sunday reading have a scroll through some of the threads here. So funny how bitter and childish they are. Grown men supposedly. Luck and bad refereeing were the on,y reason Huddersfield aka Barcelona were beaten by Newcastle parking the bus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Just football fans venting because they lost. We'd do the same if we felt we were hard done by, they'll get over it.

Multiple reports saying Newcastle chasing Harry Maguire at Hull

7 out of a possible 9 from three of out toughest away dates. Would've taken hand and all if I was offered that last week.

Duff wrote: »
    7 out of a possible 9 from three of out toughest away dates. Would've taken hand and all if I was offered that last week.

Came in here to post that too.

I keep thinking it's a straight battle between ourselves and Brighton but 9 points clear of Huddersfield is absolutely crucial.

Fulham at home on Saturday. Could be tricky given they beat us on opening day.

Another abysmal home performance

• Advertisement
Advertisement