Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Need to beat Ipswich on Monday. Anything but a win would leave hope for Huddersfield, who play later that day against a Derby side who have nothing to play for.

Considering we need 7 more points to secure promotion, beating Ipswich would take off alot of pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

We're 100% going to bottle this. Shower of spineless *****!

Awful performance so far. Can't understand the tactics. Just knocking it long upto Murphy, when we have the ability to through the midfield.

Ritchie does nothing for 35 mins, then misses the best chance of the game and then gives away possession that leads to the goal.

Look very shakey at the back and they could have got a second before the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Yet again we fail to improve from a position of strength and it could be very very costly. Our form since November has been scrappy and nothing done in January. This is the result, tired looking nervous players.

Worst part is thay if it comes off it will be regarded as a good call by the club and the policy with remain.

We look like the team with nothing to play for. Garbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Some of the passing is shocking!

Gouffran, it's come to that!

YES!! Good man Murph

Get in

Omfg

• Advertisement

It's hard to watch this sh1te!

Not one player in that defence is anywhere close to pl standard. Not one. Zero takes there as with the first goal. Nobody taking charge of the situation. Just as well we saved a few quid on plugging thay obvious gap in January! 10 million gambled to the detriment of a 200m win

What is this exactly? Probably our worst performance of the season. Diame, Richie, entire defence, shelvy, all passengers, Darlows distribution, constant hoof ball, zero closing

Not seeing a plan here at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The only route up currently is for Huddersfield to keep dropping points. The club is as poisonous as always with a few months let up in the first half of the season. None of them are blame free. Players, manager, owner etc. They seem to think they just have to show up and teams will roll over for them.

Players look knackered and have done since November. I don't get it. Shoud we get up we'll roll the dice again with the same squad no doubt

Could be here for a week and we'd not turn this around

Pathetic against a side with zero to play for. Absolutely farcical! Does nobody at the club realise what's at stake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Really lucky derby took 2 points off Huddersfield , thank god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

looks like we are just about to scrape it.

seems like its back to the same old newcastle with defensive problems.

our only decent centre half is clark, I have never rated lascelles and again he makes a costly mistake against leeds, how nobody had Wood picked up, 1 minute to go we should have had 11 people marking him! very frustrating to watch as we were comfortable up to that.

3 games to go I can see us getting 4 points, even that will not be enough if Huddersfield get maximum (Newcastle 89 / Huddersfield 90).

Fingers crossed we do it but will rafa be there next season is another story

Could really do with Clark and Gayle back against Preston.

Preston have lost there last three and have been poor away from home this year, their only away win in 2017 was on Jan 3rd. They are probably ideal opposition if Newcastle can get their **** together.

But performance has to vastly improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

TaosHum wrote: »
    Could really do with Clark and Gayle back against Preston.

Preston have lost there last three and have been poor away from home this year, their only away win in 2017 was on Jan 3rd. They are probably ideal opposition if Newcastle can get their **** together.

But performance has to vastly improve.

if the team that played leeds show up and actually finish few chances ... easy

if the team that played ipswich show ... ooooh foook

Fulham doing us a big favour!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Forest too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Good day for the Newcastle. Up on Monday with a win is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I think its a good thing we will scrape over the line, it should be clear that massive investment is needed over the summer and a massive change of attitude from the majority of the squad. 
    My big worry is Rafa leaving, I think its pretty unlikly...but this is NUFC after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Icaras wrote: »
    I think its a good thing we will scrape over the line, it should be clear that massive investment is needed over the summer and a massive change of attitude from the majority of the squad.?
    My big worry is Rafa leaving, I think its pretty unlikly...but this is NUFC after all.

Rafa is a legend and very loyal he won't leave unless pushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

niallo27 wrote: »
    Rafa is a legend and very loyal he won't leave unless pushed.

Rafa knows what's needed for the team to be competitive. If he gets the investment he'll stay, if he doesn't he leaves with his reputation intact to a more ambitious club. Everything I've seen so far in the Ashley era points to the latter unfortunately😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We're going to f?ck this up aren't we? It's Newcastle. It just has to go wrong somehow.

Be grand, better be, going to the game. Hoping to preserve my promotion party 100% record!

• Advertisement

Results over the weekend will have taken pressure off. I hope the approach is positive and they put it up to PNE early. Clark back should settle things at the back and I'd like to see Perez & Mitro starting.

Would be great to secure promotion at home.

Dunno how we are ahead, that back 4 lads! Garbage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Anita was woeful both for the goal and the chance before it. No pace!!

Salmon wrote: »
    Anita was woeful both for the goal and the chance before it. No pace!!

Woeful player even at this standard

Great save from Gallagher

GET IN!!!!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, 2-1, went for a shower, come out, 4-1. Maybe I should stay in there for our remainders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Congratulations on the promotion lads. Hopefully Ashley throws a few quid at Benitez for players and lets him get on with it.

The Premiership is better for having a great fan base like Newcastle in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Raaafaaaa Benitez... Raaaafaaa Benitez, Rafa Benitez!

Time to delete my BBC Championship bookmark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Haway the lads!!! or something. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's been such a bizarre season, but the journey doesn't matter anymore, just how you got there. Premier League football back at St. James Park next season, the way things should be. The top flight will be better for it, and that goes for Rafa too of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well done Newcastle. Delighted for Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

I'm a Liverpool fan but a massive Benitez fan even went to a couple of matches in SJP (loved it) big congratulations. In RB you have someone who can make a difference. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Congrats lads, always liked Newcastle and felt sorry for the fans with the ****e Ashley goes on with. Not sorry for Wood for kinda putting the sh?t up ye for a few days (for all the good it did).

Rafa shaking hands with literally everyone connected to the club. Love that man. Just wait and see him get no support over the summer though. You can read us like a book. Hopefully, I'm wrong, though. HOWAY THE F?CKING LADS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Welcome back, I for one missed ye :D

Relieved just to be out of that division. Even though the last few weeks have been tough, the goal was automatic promotion and they achieved it.

Whatever the future brings, I'm just going to enjoy getting promotion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Congrats on promotion. I hope Rafa is given the support he deserves by Ashley after sticking with the club!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Congratulations. Great to have the back :-)

Got to say that was, despite the positive outcome, a traumatic season. Horrible horrible league with woeful officials. Glad to see the back of it!

Onwards and upwards, viva La rafaloution

• Advertisement
Advertisement