Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

M5 wrote: »
    Got to say that was, despite the positive outcome, a traumatic season. Horrible horrible league with woeful officials. Glad to see the back of it!

Congrats on being back - like others say the league will be better with another proper top level club - out of curiosity, what was wrong with Championship , didn't watch any this year, but used to enjoy it, as it was such an even league ??

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well done to Newcastle, the right two teams got automatic promotion this season. Both yourselves and Brighton were the class of the division and well ahead of everyone else. Pity that barring a miracle we won't get a chance to play you guys next year, but as every Leeds fan knows, there's always next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Pished.

Haven't a clue where I am, Cosy Joe's I think. I'd pay 100 euros to watch Clark in action, really classy footballer to watch live, him, Shelves, Ritchie and Anita the full back are pure class, need to replace a lot of the rest.

Anyways, pished!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Bye bye below par officials ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Bye bye below par officials ...

You're in for a surprise haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

415702.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Heard a bit of talk from middling placed sources last night that the next manager and assistant dreamteam are already lined up if Rafa walks, which is a probability more than a possibility according to these folks:

Pardew and Carver :(

Heard a bit of talk from middling placed sources last night that the next manager and assistant dreamteam are already lined up if Rafa walks, which is a probability more than a possibility according to these folks:

Pardew and Carver :(

I think both have burned bridges. File that one under unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

same old newcastle.... high one day the next nothing changes.

High officials arrested at st james park from tax squad

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39716009

when will we ever learn... comedy club at its finest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Un****ing real

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

fitzparker wrote: »
    same old newcastle.... high one day the next nothing changes.

High officials arrested at st james park from tax squad

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39716009

when will we ever learn... comedy club at its finest

and Hammers being investigated too.

Can't say I'm surprised, club risks premier league status instead of investing 10 million filling obvious holes in the squad.

Risk everything to save a few bob the overriding culture at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

I think this may be all on Marseilles end, at least that's what I'm hoping, Marseilles former owners have ties to Corsica mafia from what I was reading today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It'd be typical Newcastle if they were given a points deduction or something. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

The signs are ominous, rafa and Ashley still haven't talked about next season which is unbelievable.

I hate to say it but il be absolutely shocked if rafa starts the premier league season with us, no way fat Ashley will match his ambition with the funds that are needed.

Rafa will want a comfortable mid table finish at least and build from there and this squad needs huge investment to make that possible.

Im afraid its back to a pleb yes man for us now that ashley is back in the big league.

Can see rafa ending up with west ham or a club with similar ambitions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If he has any sense he'll avoid West Ham precisely for the same reasons - fancy stadium or no fancy stadium.

IF rafa signs a player @ 17.5m or more and a few more come in at between 12 and 17.5m then I think he got his way and is rebuilding his way ... if its all lads for 5-10million then I'm afraid ashley is driving the buys

I actually think in Rafas shoes ... you would have to push for a 20-25m player (even if in your heart and soul know you dont want /need him) just to prove that you have control of who gets bought.- and if you cant get one of those players ... you walk.

Its not a 20m deal but I firmly believe its why D.Murphy was bought ... we needed cover at striker ... ashleys MO is to go find a 12yr old french lad ... benitez put the foot down and said he wanted experience.

If Rafa leaves I can't see any decent manager working with the club. I'll be off too tbh. I'm subsidising sports direct advertising

I'm hearing 70-100 million net available for transfers. That may or may not include wages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm hearing 70-100 million net available for transfers. That may or may not include wages

Knowing the board, it also includes £50m worth of players they're going to sell. I don't believe the "net" part at all.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt (not they that Ashley and co. deserve that), the amount you mentioned should be enough to keep Rafa at the club as long as it's to be spent his way.

You'd hope it doesn't include wages though. The club's wage bill for 15/16 was £74m and wouldn't have dropped a huge amount since, and quality (therefore expensive) players have to come in this summer so it could easily go up another few million. One player brought in on 80k a week for example, Shelvey's wage, is £4m a year, and any quality signing coming in will certainly want to be paid that if not more.

I can't see us spending 100m + wages. im thinking around the 50m mark + whatever on sales ( which won't be much as not much in the squad have a heavy price tag) if we can get 15M players in for that id be ok with it. then a couple more squad players.

who do you think we should get rid off?

there is 4 keepers at the moment I think if they get rid of Krul (make money on him while we can) and Sels (Dirt)

we have 4 left backs (Haidara,Dummet,Gamas,Lazzar) shift out Gamas anyway.

Centre halfs - Clark is our only decent one. premier league is too big of a step for lascelles he barley scraped it at championship , hanley was decent 4 years ago and Mbemba is hit and miss.

Right back we are fine with Anita and Yedlin

Midfield - Diame,Colback, Ameobi can go. we should Sign atsu if its reported at 6.5m and then aarons will be back aswell.

Strikers - not sure who to get rid of maybe murphy out of the 4. although he is a good plan B - similar to when we signed leon best years ago :)

who to sign?

with money gone mad there isnt much to pick from out of england/scotland.

Dembele off Celtic will be 20m at least
    maybe Yann Kermorgant off reading
    Jannson off leeds (Loads in for him)
    Sessegnon of fulham ( loads in for him)

teams going down:
    will i be linched to say Defoe on a free??????
    Ramirez and Gibson off Middlesbourgh
    Leroy Fer, Alfie mawson,jack cork, Ayew from Swansea

Sigurdson of swansea?

I think right back is an issue ... Anita isnt good enough
    left back ... if Lazaar cant oust Dummet in the championship then I fear for him in the PL ( with the knowledge that Dummet isnt good enough for the PL)
    centreback ... Clark just about ... again, mbemba wasnt able to force his way past lascelles ( who WAS NOT good enough for team of the championship imho)

centremids ... need cover for shelvey, probably need 2 MCs in, Hayden is good but you arent going to get 38 games out of both of those..

attacking mids ... Diame has been poor. atsu should be signed, imhp perez can play AMC, ritchie has been POTY for me ... I think we need 2/3 AMs,

strikers ... keep gayle and mitro (i still think he can come good) ... need to more in (is wood at leeds worth a pop?)

while I agree with trying to get youth in and we need players that can comfortably keep us in the PL next season ... so some experienced heads may be required

if the TV money really is 100m, then releasing that to Rafa shouldnt hurt the clubs finances surely, whether its 100+ wages or wages as part of the 100m.

Oh I forgot to give my opinion on the GKs....

Darlow imo is not good enough for the PL.
    Elliot is just about good enough for the PL.
    Krul gets injured around the middle of October for about 4-6months so no use to us
    Sels .. .was shocking in the Championship, however I watched him in the Belgian league and the Champions League .... he is a good keeper...I think its worth loaning him out for a season to a championship club for 6-12 month to let him prove himself again. selling him now would be a mistake imo.

Wonder would a cheeky bid tempt big andy carroll home?

how about jack wilshere , take a chance on mcgeady? Much better player than diame.

joe hart
    scott sinclair
    Rooney ???
    sakho
    Shane long

Not top table stuff but players we would have a chance of signing and would ccertainly improve us

Personally Id jettison every single defender, im leaving it to Rafa though!

Personally Id jettison every single defender, im leaving it to Rafa though!

You definitely have a point there, maybe id give clark a go, he is an experienced premier league defender and is doing ok under rafa.

All the rest are a big worry though

tastyt wrote: »
    You definitely have a point there, maybe id give clark a go, he is an experienced premier league defender and is doing ok under rafa.

All the rest are a big worry though

Not sure about Clarke either tbf. Rocky few years at villa before joining us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Oh look another **** call given against Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

How did the ref not spot that shirt pull on Perez??

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Oh look another **** call given against Newcastle

Unbelievable init! Pretty much every game this season

• Advertisement

There was a 3 min stoppage for 2 injuries. 2 mins added at the end of the half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

tastyt wrote: »
    Wonder would a cheeky bid tempt big andy carroll home?

how about jack wilshere , take a chance on mcgeady? Much better player than diame.

joe hart
    scott sinclair
    Rooney ???
    sakho
    Shane long

Not top table stuff but players we would have a chance of signing and would ccertainly improve us

Sturridge? Please? :) Danny Ings I suspect will also be available if the price is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Absolute cracker from Hayden.

2 peaches in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Bristol might be doing us a solid here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Villa to do us a turn next week and we shït the bed to Barnsley. Mark it in the diary, lads.

Social media is a delightful place tonight...

#lastyearcomingback2hauntthem
    #karma

Ah here, I was looking forward to a nice quiet game next weekend over there. Now I get a potential title push?

'sake.

:pac:

Sooo....

we are going up,
    they are going down
    Aston Villa are staying down...

Loving it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ah here, I was looking forward to a nice quiet game next weekend over there. Now I get a potential title push?

'sake.

:pac:

It's Newcastle, you'll be looking good with 89mins on the clock and lose it in injury time somehow between the two games. And you know this! :)

Anyone heading over for the game tomorrow? Doing the day trip myself. Looking forward to it. Town is gonna be mental tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I've exams sadly otherwise would do all I can to get over. Will be a great mood around the city added to by the excitement of following other results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

That_Guy wrote:
    Anyone heading over for the game tomorrow? Doing the day trip myself. Looking forward to it. Town is gonna be mental tomorrow afternoon.

Yep. I'm here. Great atmosphere already.

Used up my kitchen pass for PNE game!

is there gonna be feeds for this game anywhere considering no tv channels are showing it?

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    is there gonna be feeds for this game anywhere considering no tv channels are showing it?
    No streams available for it as far as I can see, BBC Newcastle will have live commentary (may not be available online) villa game is available (streaming) ffs

Hayden at centre back....surely dummet a better option with colback DL and Hayden MC?!

Cant believe im willing lansbury to get a goal....

Hayden injured already. So a make shift defence is after being make shifted again !

• Advertisement
Advertisement