Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

fitzparker wrote: »
    Hayden injured already. So a make shift defence is after being make shifted again !

I personally think dummet should have been CB anyway... Haidara is strong enough for LB... hayden is a bigger loss in midfield imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I personally think dummet should have been CB anyway... Haidara is strong enough for LB... hayden is a bigger loss in midfield imo

Hopefully haidara is fit enough to do 80 minutes.. dont think he has played at all this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Goal Newcastle 1-0 perez

Great finish.. get in perez!!!

C'mon Villa.... do us a favour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Atsu getting the finger out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Well Villa unsurprisingly have gone and ****ed it up. Second it is

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Fecking villa....

1-1 villa get in

• Advertisement

Hold on ye feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

That is dramatic

Yeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

That's a quite spectacular bottle job by Brighton. I can't think of anything like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

"Imagine spending all that money and coming second to Brighton" ****ing 'ave it! Love to be over tonight!

:)416629.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm not a Newcastle fan but I'm delighted for your club and particularly Rafa well done some finish with Brighton only drawing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

grealish and villa doing newcastle a big favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Just WOW! Dramatic stuff!!! Love that Grealish lad!

• Advertisement

Well done lads. Hopefully weds will join you soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Congratulations on a great season. As a Rafa Benitez fan was very happy to see Villa do ye a favour. As I've said before, the Premiership is better with Newcastle in it.

After all the last minute kicks in the teeth this season, we end up benefiting from the biggest of them all!

That was a long hard slog and I'm delighted we are leaving it behind. Fingers crossed there won't be another lurch thus summer!

God-esque.

1e3sec.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Jealous of any one over there now, it's gonna be a mental weekend in Newcastle

Delighted!

• Advertisement

SSN...

TURN OF THE HOUR...

Arsenal - Man U
    Southampton - Liverpool
    Championship relegation battle
    Live Milwall update

Ads

Sawgrass preview
    Score at some other golf tournee
    Championship title battle

Good to see how highly the rate the championship winners

What a smashing way to finish a long long season. Over the moon. Hopefully Ashley gives a blank cheque to rafa and we can see how a couple years of stability with a top top manager can do.

Oh what I'd give to be in the Strawberry now!

SSN...

TURN OF THE HOUR...

Arsenal - Man U
    Southampton - Liverpool
    Championship relegation battle
    Live Milwall update

Ads

Sawgrass preview
    Score at some other golf tournee
    Championship title battle

Good to see how highly the rate the championship winners

Same at FT, score announced, followed by 20 mins of hearing how great Redknapp and Mowbary are, then highlights of all the matches, interviews with players and managers, then we see our goals at 2.25 and soccer saturday ends. No footage of trophy being lifted or celebrations.

I dont watch sky any more as a rule, prefer no commentary/analysis to the cliche spouting old boys club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

What a game and end to the season! I was lucky to be there and the atmosphere at the end was incredible. Although the Barnsley fans were louder for most of the game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Benitez is staying, fantastic news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

martyos121 wrote: »
    Benitez is staying, fantastic news!

for how long though???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Hopefully long enough to bring in the right players

Did anyone really believe he wasnt

Did anyone really believe he wasnt

Yes. This is Newcastle with Ashley at the helm.

Ashley/benitez statement today is promising.. for the summer at least. Benitez can have" Every last penny the club generates through promotion and player sales"

That's a bold statement. What are talking £80- £100 million?

The rafalution is in full flow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

By all means fly a banner over taking the piss, no issues at all there as we've got to take it as well as give it, but this is absolutely vile. Genuinely shameful.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/first-look-newcastle-united-fan-13026216

Thankfully, it seems the majority of Newcastle fans are against the idea and are trying to get it stopped via - #StopTheBanner

Paully D wrote: »
    By all means fly a banner over taking the piss, no issues at all there as we've got to take it as well as give it, but this is absolutely vile. Genuinely shameful.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/first-look-newcastle-united-fan-13026216

Thankfully, it seems the majority of Newcastle fans are against the idea and are trying to get it stopped via - #StopTheBanner

Think you might want to read that again Paully. A message of support for Bradley lowry will be flown

Paully D wrote: »

They genuinely meant well with it, but the wording doesn't help. If they're going to fly a banner over your stadium for a dig, have at it. If they're going to fly a banner over your stadium in support of that poor young lad and show unity against cancer, fantastic. They're making a big mistake by combining the two messages though. It was just poorly thought out.

Stupid idea that was turned into a fundraiser. Don't see the issue really. Family of kid involved support it.

Perhaps better donate the money from the plane / banner though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Even just reversing the message would make it much stronger.
    Putting the positive first and following up with the negative leaves a bitter taste, and prioritizes the dig.

Reads much better if switched - playful, but well meaning;
    "Divided by leagues - United by Cancer"

(though the line 'united by cancer' could really be clearer)

• Advertisement

More good news today for the club, Atsu has agreed a permanent move. Was quite impressed by him most of the time this past season, it isn't the paciest squad without him so he definitely offers that at least, and his shooting has visibly improved since he joined.

I know I'm mentioning about the "other side" but would love to hear other people's opinion.

Jermaine Defoe - best friends with little Bradley who is sadly infected by a life threatening illness, saw today on the news he was at his birthday party

Where does he go from here? Free to go where very he likes. But what a tough decision for the lad

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I love this part of the close season, when we are linked to practically everyone in the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pity West Ham got in first for Zabaleta. I'd have taken him in a heart beat. We're also being linked to Jesus Navas. Not sure about that one.

yeah i would have definitely gone for him... we need to add pace and Navas could give us that for 1 maybe 2 years, Clichy on a free also?

romour of us being linked with tabby Abraham on loan and Ihenacho aswell

Theres a few defenders getting linked .... strange for us

Mangala, Fernando, Reina and Batsuiyi would be players I'd go for. Good core players who would go straight into the side.

Pepe Reina.. Really?

we already have 4 keepers and i think Krul and elliot are premier league quality (once they have someone decent in front of them)

Pepe Reina.. Really?

we already have 4 keepers and i think Krul and elliot are premier league quality (once they have someone decent in front of them)

Yes. We need more leaders and Reina is a leader. We seriously lacked leadership skills over last 4-5 years.

• Advertisement

Pepe Reina.. Really?

Timmy will only get injured come winter ayway.

With the few young keepers at the club id have no issye with selling sels and krull and possibly elliot to fund other positions if reina was a replacement for the 3 lads with darlows as number2

Advertisement