Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Serious joke at this stage. The one cup we have a chance to even get a semi final out of and we can't even try in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

These are the players who are pushing our first teamers to perform! Joke!

We have bought crap player after crap player trying to save a few shillings. Now left with probably 10 players on big wages who are and never were up to it.

I don't get the business model. The policy has cost us minimum 200m from 2 relegations and we have "saved" buttons while losing out on Lacazette, Aubameyang, Ali, Modric etc (All the above failed to go through due to haggling over 2m or less).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Rafa has to make a point to ashley tho...

That was our second eleven last night these are the lads that have to step up if theres injuries...

Fooooooked

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Rafa has to make a point to ashley tho...

That was our second eleven last night these are the lads that have to step up if theres injuries...

Fooooooked

First 11 hardly covering themselves in glory either

Come on lads, prove me wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Rafa coming out talking about leaving the club in a good position when he leaves...which he's not sure when will be really is negative as ****. But no doubt he'll be gone soon

Poor start to this match from both.
    Perez you'd forgive for thinking he's not even playing.

Get in joseluo

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

We look a bit more stable today and a goal is always positive. Hopefully we can see it out, though i still worry about our shaky defence and silly mistakes we've already made such as conceding silly corners. Elliot's distribution has been fairly chronic also.

Lads elliot can NOT be our GK for the season....

Really dont understand not giving woodman a go

We have been the better side here for sure. Merinos passing has been very good, Ritchie terrier like closing and Atsu our best players so far.

Surely a red in this game with the diving and gullible ref. Both sides at it

• Advertisement

That backheel from perez! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Get the **** in! Ritchie has been superb today.

Ritchies hard work has made both goals, be won the ball back for the first, won it back and provided the perfect cross for the second.

Agreed, very very good game from him

Merino's appears to have a great eye for a pass, too. Great game from us for once.

Absolutey love mitro.
    Merino is a very good player. Under rafas guidance he can be a talent for us

D_turbo wrote: »
    Absolutey love mitro.
    Merino is a very good player. Under rafas guidance he can be a talent for us

He'll probably be gone by next week. Hopefully he's off form on the 5th ;)

We won't have an easier game this season. Whu have been terrible today

So..

Shelvey is back for the next game, would you drop Merino?

M5 wrote: »
    So..

I personally wouldn't. He's gone from strength to strength each game he's started. Not near as tenacious as Shelvey but definitely a better passer and looks calmer on the ball.

So..

I wouldnt.

You get the passing that shelvey gives you but without getting hotheaded and the lad seems to track back too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

So..

No harm having Shelvey on the bench, shows him hes not irreplaceable and a not a bad substitution on 60mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Siem de Jong gone back to Ajax for 4m, must (may) be the reason he wasnt used much.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41075942

I assume no-one lined up to replace him....

Wimmer to stoke ... Id have liked us to be in for someone like him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Rumours Gayle will be back off to the Championship, with his and the De Jong money has Benitez got a striker lined up for that £20 Million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Perez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Mitro is banned for 3 games for an off ball elbow, so very much like Shelvey with his temper..

Pity they couldn't go back and retrospectively ban Kane for his two footed scissor tackle on that new lad, though :rolleyes:

Selling your first choice striker to a championship club for a fee larger than our own record transfer the day before deadline day while rafa is out of the country.

How very bloody Newcastle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Playing a bit of a dangerous game. Is Perez a good replacement for Gayle? I dunno. He certainly has tons of potential but we badly need experience and goals rather than inexperienced potential.

I predict a complete fúcking disaster and given it's the international break, this is usually when Ashley is at his most meddling.

What will probably happen:
    • Gayle gets sold.
    • Window closes.
    • Club trots out the annual, "couldn't get players over the line" BS.
    • Rafa gets pissed.
    • West Ham trigger his 6m compensation and we are left in the lurch.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Playing a bit of a dangerous game. Is Perez a good replacement for Gayle? I dunno. He certainly has tons of potential but we badly need experience and goals rather than inexperienced potential.

I predict a complete fúcking disaster and given it's the international break, this is usually when Ashley is at his most meddling.

What will probably happen:
    • Gayle gets sold.
    • Window closes.
    • Club trots out the annual, "couldn't get players over the line" BS.
    • Rafa gets pissed.
    • West Ham trigger his 6m compensation and we are left in the lurch.

Followed by new manager who will have "full control" and "we have made mistakes in the past, clean slate"

Repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

So, 7 Players in and 17 players out so far. Has been a really successful window for mike. We haven't broken the clubs transfer record since Micheal Owen was signed in 2005. The club really need an eye catching, entertaining, exciting player to be signed asap. If not I cant see where the goals needed for survival will come from!!

Salmon wrote: »
    So, 7 Players in and 17 players out so far. Has been a really successful window for mike. We haven't broken the clubs transfer record since Micheal Owen was signed in 2005. The club really need an eye catching, entertaining, exciting player to be signed asap. If not I cant see where the goals needed for survival will come from!!

The club really need a change of ownership ...

I reckon we have the only chairman in the league that has no ambition

So what time do we think the gayle deal will be confirmed ... 22:30?

23:30 ... message from newcaslte, we were close to bringing in a few options but couldnt get deals over the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

we need to bring someone in first, Perez would be first choice.

Gayle needs to adapt his game to be a winger i think he is too small for the PL and its not working for him, Perez did well with joselu because Joselu can hold up until perez gets beside him but with gayle he is just chasing constantly (not his fault either) with mitrovic guaranteed 5 game ban each year we defo need another striker, if that is gayle then so be it but. but under no circumstances should we let him go without a replacement first.

fitzparker wrote: »
    we need to bring someone in first, Perez would be first choice.

Gayle needs to adapt his game to be a winger i think he is too small for the PL and its not working for him, Perez did well with joselu because Joselu can hold up until perez gets beside him but with gayle he is just chasing constantly (not his fault either) with mitrovic guaranteed 5 game ban each year we defo need another striker, if that is gayle then so be it but. but under no circumstances should we let him go without a replacement first.

Perez to everton seems to be a real option now.

Chelsea have signed a RB. Might give hope for the Kennedy deal but seemingly that's dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Looks like wel be settling for squad players, loan deals or championship players today, if any.

Groundhog ****ing day. Rafa to be gone by October

So a championship club have bid us more than our own club record transfer fee for our top goalscorer from last season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So a championship club have bid us more than our own club record transfer fee for our top goalscorer from last season...

But at least the club is on a sound financial footing. If only we could pay sound Mike back that loan he gave us when he rescued us.

Salmon wrote: »
    But at least the club is on a sound financial footing. If only we could pay sound Mike back that loan he gave us when he rescued us.

Well. There was a 100m PL money this season wasnt there? Just wish hed fuxk off already

Net spend 6 million

10 less players than in May

the 6 million we spent to surely be paid back when Rafa quits and has to pay compensation.

Rather successful window for one person anyway

• Advertisement

The sooner fans realise that Ashley has no interest in the club other than advertising SD the better. It will always be ran as cheaply as possible. There is no ambition other than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I doubt there's a single Newcastle fan that doesn't realise what he's doing. There's nothing they can do about it unfortunately, that's where the frustration and anger stems from and sadly there's no sign of that ending in the near future.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I doubt there's a single Newcastle fan that doesn't realise what he's doing. There's nothing they can do about it unfortunately, that's where the frustration and anger stems from and sadly there's no sign of that ending in the near future.

50k go every week! As long as that happens, nothing will change. By supporting the club the fans are hurting the club

50k go every week! As long as that happens, nothing will change. By supporting the club the fans are hurting the club

Nothing will change regardless of matchday attendance, gate receipts only count for less than a quarter of club revenue and Ashley doesn't really care about the message that an empty stadium sends out. There have been protests aplenty to force him out, none of them have worked and that will continue to be the case, he doesn't give a sh1t what the fans think of him because he only cares about his tacky sportswear franchise.

If St. James Park was empty for every home match, it wouldn't make him sell up, the loss of matchday revenue would come out of the already pathetic transfer kitty. That's the harsh reality of things and the brilliant, loyal fanbase are powerless to change it.

Nothing will change regardless of matchday attendance, gate receipts only count for less than a quarter of club revenue and Ashley doesn't really care about the message that an empty stadium sends out. There have been protests aplenty to force him out, none of them have worked and that will continue to be the case, he doesn't give a sh1t what the fans think of him because he only cares about his tacky sportswear franchise.

If St. James Park was empty for every home match, it wouldn't make him sell up, the loss of matchday revenue would come out of the already pathetic transfer kitty. That's the harsh reality of things and the brilliant, loyal fanbase are powerless to change it.

Having an empty stadium for the reasons that we all know about would be absolutely terrible worldwide PR for Ashley and SD, have to disagree.

Financially you are correct of course, but it would look terrible and would be widely reported

Krul gone, now down 11 players in this window, and to one of our rivals! Great bit of business

Having an empty stadium for the reasons that we all know about would be absolutely terrible worldwide PR for Ashley and SD, have to disagree.

Financially you are correct of course, but it would look terrible and would be widely reported

Is it enough to make him sell up though? It'd have to be, because it's too easy for him to say "look, I've upset the fans, here's a record signing" only to sell him the first chance he gets the following season (yes it sounds a bit over-the-top but you can't deny it's the type of thing he'd try). He's done a decent job at appeasing fans in the short term, like the transfer splurge of January 2013 or bringing in a legend like Rafa to manage the team. He will never have any interest in growing the club, and most fans (even the match-going ones) have copped this but their hands are tied.

I sincerely hope that on this day next year, we're chatting about a new Chinese owner ready to break the club's transfer record for the third time in the window, but as long as Newcastle aren't recording huge losses, I can't see anything that'll make Ashley sell up.

Is it enough to make him sell up though? It'd have to be, because it's too easy for him to say "look, I've upset the fans, here's a record signing" only to sell him the first chance he gets the following season (yes it sounds a bit over-the-top but you can't deny it's the type of thing he'd try). He's done a decent job at appeasing fans in the short term, like the transfer splurge of January 2013 or bringing in a legend like Rafa to manage the team. He will never have any interest in growing the club, and most fans (even the match-going ones) have copped this but their hands are tied.

I sincerely hope that on this day next year, we're chatting about a new Chinese owner ready to break the club's transfer record for the third time in the window, but as long as Newcastle aren't recording huge losses, I can't see anything that'll make Ashley sell up.

The problem with the sale is the free advertising and the "interest free loan" both woefully over inflate the value of the club meaning owners without any affection for the club will look elsewhere. There needs to be a concerted revolt to make anything happen. Boycotts, mass protests, sit ins etc need to start happening. Too many sheep just turn up and buy the jersey. £ months of a concerted push would do it IMO

I wanna punch some one!

Benitez's next presser should be interesting....

what gets me is the likes of Carrigher saying ite Benitez's negativity is affecting the club ...

We can spend, mitro, ritchie, gayle, murphy(jacob).... we just dont do it anywhere near often enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Still hard to believe that Benitez signed a deal saying he has to pay £6m if he walks. For that reason, he's not going to be going anywhere.

He will just have to get on with it now because with that sort of contract, any threats to walk are very empty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement