Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is why Amanda Staveley was at the Liverpool game, amazing that some of the bovine media took it to mean Liverpool were for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Very cautiously optimistic, Ashley will want a good deal for himself out of this one. He has tried to sell it before for way over price. As can be seen from a lot of his interviews/comment he does think he has invested a lot into the club whereas in reality he has squandered an obscene amount.

Potential owner rumour https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/football-fans-excitedly-wait-for-vince-mcmahon-to-finally-buy-newcastle-united-145573

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

They are starting the 'we couldnt commit funding in this window due to a potential takeover' excuse early this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

for the craic

2uthzeo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Heading over to Newcastle on Saturday for Palace game, any advice for a first timer heading over to the toon?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

culline wrote: »
    Heading over to Newcastle on Saturday for Palace game, any advice for a first timer heading over to the toon?!

Plenty to see and do within walking distance in the city itslef
    dead easy to get to the ground
    Get metro from the airport to the city
    Loads of pups around the life centre, thats usually where the craic is
    Get a pre game pint in the strawberry

Mad spot for a night out too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I echo with M5 said, and want to add; Bijoux is full of quare ones and try get to Redhouse for an ale pie, it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Thanks lads. Really looking forward to it...and 3 points

Enjoy, it's a fantastic city.

• Advertisement

What an abysmal performance

M5 wrote: »
    What an abysmal performance

.... But we ground it out again!

Bad enough game from both sides. Deserved the win though for justice on that Cabs tackle.

If you combined Newcastles 4 yellows and then doubled them youd be almost level on severity it he the Cabaye one. I can see the argument for it not being red but it makes a mockery of the yellows we got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Strange to be sixth while also losing to both the teams that came up with ourselves. Going great guns atm just accumulating points

3rd of the way to safety qtr of the way in the season... i like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

It just shows what a great tactical and organisational manager we have lads and wer blessed to have him.

Somehow he has a championship squad in 6th in the premier league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

tastyt wrote: »
    It just shows what a great tactical and organisational manager we have lads and wer blessed to have him.

Somehow he has a championship squad in 6th in the premier league

Can we have him back at the end of the season? (Liverpool fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Hopefully West Ham don’t come knocking when the inevitable happens. They seem happy to throw money at problems.

He won’t go to Everton or Leicester

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Hopefully West Ham don’t come knocking when the inevitable happens. They seem happy to throw money at problems.

He won’t go to Everton or Leicester

Suppose if they did, a lot would depend on the state of any potential take over

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Well that was the worst performace I've seen from us this year. Even worse than Huddersfield game. Littered with mistakes all over the park. Joselu, Perez, Diame, Lascelles=Useless.

I'm looking at going over to Newcastle Manu in February. Haven't been to a game in years. Would I have any chance if any of getting tickets??

Limited squad exposed there

We rely on our better players to create. When they are not playing or off the boil this is the result.

No outlet with Joselu up front. Still a disgrace that he's our first choice.

It pains me to see people like Ward, Hendrick and Brady(whom we all see on a regular basis with Ireland) look like world beaters tonight.

**** me Diame was ****e today...

Seannew1 wrote: »

Haven't been to a game in years. Would I have any chance if any of getting tickets??

Anyone have any advice??

• Advertisement

Anyone have any advice??

No issues for most matches. Just be ready on day of general sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Anyone have any advice??

I went with Thomas Cook last time to Newcastle and got hotel/tickets. Worked out very handy.

https://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Newcastle-United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

No issues for most matches. Just be ready on day of general sale

As above. Once on general sale you should get them handy around the first few days... taking a big chance getting them on arrival. Especially playing United.

Have you booked yet? I'm also hoping to get over for this game. Waiting on a few United friends first

Thanks for advice lads, weighing up United game or perhaps Huddersfield game on 31st of March. Depends really on working commitments and when I can get the time off. Wanted to be guarenteed tickets anyway. Will keep ye posted.

Just switched over to sky and newcastle on tele AGAIN.

Iv said it earlier in the season. Do you think it's a thing that Ashley paid Sky to show more games so potential buyers can see?

This is like 8 out if 10 games now.

Anyway more balanced squad now with gayle and joselu up front. Attacking presence already showing

• Advertisement

Joselu and gayle worked ok in the first 1/2 tbh...

Perez and murphy our 2 second half subs just arent up to PL level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Cant see where the goals will come from to keep us out of a relegation scrap. Wer organised and work hard but havent got the quality to score goals regularly in the premier league. Need a goalscorer badly in January or we could go down.

Joselu is turning out to be exactly what we bought, a stoke reserve. Jacob murphy just isnt up to this level and atsu and ayoze are very lightweight

Maybe its just me but id love to see mitro given a 3/4 game run, couldn't cause less trouble for defences than we have been anyway.

This is what happens when you have a paper thin squad
    This is what happen when you don't have a left back
    This is what happens when you sign Stokes 5th choice striker

Tragedy with the last two games is both sides were very poor, we were just worse than both of them

Rafa has a job on his hands

Hopefully all the takeover talk will keep him interested beyond West ham looking for a replacement....

Since when did newcastle counter attack?

fitzparker wrote: »
    Since when did newcastle counter attack?

That not been our game plan all season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

christ we couldn't even last for our customary 80 minutes before caving in.

That not been our game plan all season?

Haven't seen it that much. At least not to the extent of today.

Hopefully Joselu and Murphy off aarrons and mitro on

Very good performance bar the two pathetic attempts at defending that lead to goals. Pity, we deserved to go in level at least

• Advertisement

434037.png

And back to earth, Ashley wants 500

The greedy prick, he won't get a better offer. If it was me I'd drop the offer to 280m.

And back to earth, Ashley wants 500

He wanted 400 the start of the year.

hopefully we can get it wrapped up before January, do i think it will change anything? No... i feel it will go a bit like West Ham. hopefully i'm wrong.

according to "sources" stumbling block is clause for relegation plus the fact ashely is a hungry ****e and wants more

Surely this is a case of they offer 300 with a relegation related clause...he want 500 and no clause so the settle at 400 and no clause...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Surely this is a case of they offer 300 with a relegation related clause...he want 500 and no clause so the settle at 400 and no clause...

Its not the same a haggling over a 2nd hand telly tbf, huge sums. 5/10 million in the difference could scupper it id say

Its not the same a haggling over a 2nd hand telly tbf, huge sums. 5/10 million in the difference could scupper it id say

Not when the consortium reportedly has 30.000.000.000 behind them id say...

Thats like not buying €300 second hand car because you cant agree on the final €0.50 or €1.00 when you have €30000 to spend

The figures are all relative to what the consortium value the clubs potential at and how deep their pockets are.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Not when the consortium reportedly has 30.000.000.000 behind them id say...

Thats like not buying €300 second hand car because you cant agree on the final €0.50 or €1.00 when you have €30000 to spend

The figures are all relative to what the consortium value the clubs potential at and how deep their pockets are.

Ah it doesn't quite work like that though. Wen making those deals 50 or a hundred million would be the difference between profit and loss. Have dealt with 7 figure sums in work in similar circumstances and 50k has been enough to change plans. It's honestly nothing like buying something for a few grand. Can't imagine finance being much different

OK, gone from worrying to full on crisis now.

We are abysmal up front and rubbish at the back. Summers inaction beginning to bite

• Advertisement

Absolutely gutless performance. Joselu should be shot into orbit, further if we have the technology. Need to make serious moves in January, which I highly doubt we will. Business as usual.

Advertisement