Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lets hope Ashley cashes out as there's not a chance he'll invest in Jan if he thinks the club will be sold. Failure of that will result in us either finishing close or getting relegated again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

If Ashley doesn't invest its 100m down the drain minimum from the sale. Expect rafa to be backed in January if sale hasn't gone through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

at the moment im closing my eyes and hoping its Jan 1st. big signings needed. Im not sure how many more opportunities Joselu can get, Rafa has to see it. his last goal was a jammy one against Liverpool.

how manquillo still gets his game, I thought Gamez plays well any time he comes in, typical old school defender, does his job and offers nothing going forward but that is exactly what we need

Can anyone remember a less functional striker than Joselu? Guivarch and Anderson were miles better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

M5 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember a less functional striker than Joselu? Guivarch and Anderson were miles better imo.

Xisco, without question one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt. The club tried to sell him after just four months only for FIFA to block the move.

Joselu is also hopeless of course, to be fair, but nobody compares to Xisco.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Xisco, without question one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt. The club tried to sell him after just four months only for FIFA to block the move.

Joselu is also hopeless of course, to be fair, but nobody compares to Xisco.

Jeez, I dunno, xisco scored a goal and setup 2 in the few games he played.

Forgot about him, but joselu is worse imo. Missed half a dozen or more presentable chances. Scared one poxy goal and unlike xisco has played pretty much every game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Joselu didn't even score that goal against Liverpool, it just bounced off him last before hitting the back of the net.

Jeez, I dunno, xisco scored a goal and setup 2 in the few games he played.

Forgot about him, but joselu is worse imo. Missed half a dozen or more presentable chances. Scared one poxy goal and unlike xisco has played pretty much every game

I get your point, but there must be a reason Joselu is playing much more than Xisco did. Rafa tends to stick with a striker if he sees a bit of talent but no immediate results (though none of us can see any talent at the minute, that’s for sure) . Sometimes they work out for him like Crouch (can’t even remember how long his goal drought went on before he came good) and other times they end up like N’Gog. Gayle, Perez and Mitrovic have all played up front on their own at some point, if Joselu is holding onto that spot then he has to be doing something right in Rafa’s eyes, but yes it is painful to watch that happen and just to be clear, I’m not saying he’s anything other than awful.

I get your point, but there must be a reason Joselu is playing much more than Xisco did. Rafa tends to stick with a striker if he sees a bit of talent but no immediate results (though none of us can see any talent at the minute, that’s for sure) . Sometimes they work out for him like Crouch (can’t even remember how long his goal drought went on before he came good) and other times they end up like N’Gog. Gayle, Perez and Mitrovic have all played up front on their own at some point, if Joselu is holding onto that spot then he has to be doing something right in Rafa’s eyes, but yes it is painful to watch that happen and just to be clear, I’m not saying he’s anything other than awful.

We had Owen, martins vidika, shola, ranger and Carroll at the time.

If you look at that you cna understand why he didn't play. He wasn't at that standard. I think he'd play in this team though

Search still ongoing for a worse striker, good shout though

I have actually tried thinking of a worse striker but then i thought that would mean im defending Joselu!

Defo a falling out with Mitro, he is scoring most games for Serbia so still has that edge.

the chances Joselu misses are incredible, bring back Armstrong at this stage!

• Advertisement

fitzparker wrote: »
    I have actually tried thinking of a worse striker but then i thought that would mean im defending Joselu!

Defo a falling out with Mitro, he is scoring most games for Serbia so still has that edge.

the chances Joselu misses are incredible, bring back Armstrong at this stage!

I saw enough of mitro on Saturday to see he's probably not the right man either. That said he did get into positions and cause problems even when likely no match fit.

Has to be a better option than Joselu

but who do we go for?

we got rid of Murphy who would have been less wages and the exact same job. Joselu has started enough now against "lower teams" and done nothing, I get nobody else has either but the chances missed are unbelievable.

hopefully Merino is fit to start the week as Diame is a pile of crap.

Ritchie has done nothing this year, Murphy isnt up to it yet and shelvey is his usual "why bother if im better than everyone" self.

just seems to be alot of laziness in the team, gone are the days Jonas,Nolan, Carroll,Parker even Ben Arfa gave a ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Joselu is shocking but when you have so little ambition as a club that you sign stokes third choice centre forward this is what youll get

@ChronicleNUFC: Every #nufc fan should watch this. Rafa telling it like it is ⬇️ https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/935199020204642306/video/1

Straight from the horses mouth. We can't compete with burnley, Huddersfield or Brighton in terms of transfer fees or wages.

An indication of just how much the club is being sucked dry by Ashley. Absolute parasite, nothing more

Rumours of a second bidder. Crucially though the club is the source of the rumor

So after 10 years of no interest, days after a formal bid, there just happens to be a second bidder. Almost as believable as an estate agent in his country.

Ashley is going to **** this up, isn't he?

Rumours of a second bidder. Crucially though the club is the source of the rumor

So after 10 years of no interest, days after a formal bid, there just happens to be a second bidder. Almost as believable as an estate agent in his country.

Ashley is going to **** this up, isn't he?

100%.... sure what happened to the Chinese bidders from the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Badly badly badly need something tonight to stop the rot, even a point.
    HTL

Another uncontested headed goal.

At the worst time for the 4th game in a row

What's going on with our central defense?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

not a bad result , alot better when we went 2 down .
    seriously didnt notice anything joselu did all evening

Joselu HAS to be benched. He offers absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I don't know what match you were watching, Joselu held the ball up well, won every aerial duel, linked play, closed the ball down excellently, I think he deserves his place in the side more than most.

I don't know what match you were watching, Joselu held the ball up well, won every aerial duel, linked play, closed the ball down excellently, I think he deserves his place in the side more than most.

All Well and good but a striker is paid to score and he doesn't cut it. his last goal was 2 months ago which bounced off his leg when he started 10 yards ahead of Liv defenders but still gave them time get back around only for it to ricochet back off him and go in. when you pay £5m for a striker FROM a premier league team you know they wont cut it, we paid more for Gayle in the championship

The chap is dirt, ok Mitro isnt much better but with match fitness he deserves a chance, whats the worst that can happen? he doesn't score for 8 weeks either.

fitzparker wrote: »
    All Well and good but a striker is paid to score and he doesn't cut it. his last goal was 2 months ago which bounced off his leg when he started 10 yards ahead of Liv defenders but still gave them time get back around only for it to ricochet back off him and go in. when you pay £5m for a striker FROM a premier league team you know they wont cut it, we paid more for Gayle in the championship

The chap is dirt, ok Mitro isnt much better but with match fitness he deserves a chance, whats the worst that can happen? he doesn't score for 8 weeks either.

He's not dirt in fairness, and yeah he's no world beater, but if you take the time to watch what he does on the pitch rather than wait for him to do what you think he should be doing, he's miles better than Gayle or Mitro.

The Baggies put in three crosses all night, two led to goals, one maybe should have, we put in about twenty, only one was any way decent and somehow led to two goals. But sure let's blame the striker eh?

a £5 mill striker is not what is going to keep us up.
    Go through each team, maybe 15 of them have a striker that will win points for their respective team, joselu doesn't do that for us. he has missed so many chances, easy chances... some have cost us points

I haven't said the other 2 are better either but they haven't been given a crack at it especially mitro ( gayle has but with Perez playing behind him, he was never going to get the ball that way). Rafa has changed the whole squad the past 10 games bar Joselu and maybe ritchie?

He has Dropped Manquillo, Dropped Shelvey, Dropped Merino, Dropped Hayden, Dropped Perez. why not Joselu? you can't say one of the others don't deserves a chance when MO DIAME has got as much game time.

For Diame him to get starts when you have Shelvey, Hayden, Merino, Perez in front of you yet Mitrovich can;t get in instead of Joselu, even for 1 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Home to Luton in the FA cup. Given our dispicable record in this competition the last number of years, would it be safe to put the mortgage on a Luton win? Honestly, this club has made me hate the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Cake Man wrote: »
    Home to Luton in the FA cup. Given our dispicable record in this competition the last number of years, would it be safe to put the mortgage on a Luton win? Honestly, this club has made me hate the FA cup.

This club has made me hate this club!

I booked this weekend months ago, so was hoping for a home draw... at least i might see goals, Luton seem to score for fun, Rob Lee 2 sons seem to be regulars aswell

Anyone going to the match on Sat?

Joselu back in the starting lineup. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

Joselu is a really terrific striker, always gets into good positions. Shame on those who doubted him!

Great player.

Joselu back in the starting lineup. The mind boggles.

Tee hee

Passengers. That is all

Joselu is a really terrific striker, always gets into good positions. Shame on those who doubted him!

Bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

We're going down unless this takeover happens before Christmas which it won't.

• Advertisement

In the cold light of day you have to say that we are in big big trouble. An unbelievable weekend of poor results coupled with our, now weekly, capitulation leaves us 2 points off the drop.

Our baffling summer seems to indicate that Ashley's new policy is to hire expensive managers in order to spend less on recruitment than before.

Most of our past comedy players, xisco, luque, Anderson, boumsong etc would walk into this side imo.

The constant mistakes throughout the game are a huge problem. The basic bread and butter stuff is a huge problem for our players. Then opposition have figured out that closing down causes our player to panic. The sad truth is that only one or 2 can pick out a pass under pressure.

At the back I'm not sure if our full backs or our centre halves are at fault for the gaping holes we leave in seemingly every game. Our midfield is also to blame. Perez inexplicably stopped tracking the Leicester player who he eventually beat to the ball for his og.

Our ongoing selection of Joselu also baffling, although he had a better game yesterday his failure to do anything with time and space in the box ultimately led to the Leicester winner.

Our failure to maintain possession, our decision making, failure to test the keeper fromngood positions, complete lack of football intelligence and ultimately our lacy of quality in every position are going to send us back to the championship unless we invest heavily in Jan.

**** at the back, **** in the middle and **** up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Frightening thing is that even if the take over went through, rafa and his scoiting team cant have been looking at the kinda players we could / should get, rather theyve been looking in the bargain bin for anything that fits ...

What im saying is in no way can we be prepared to spend big even if there was money and we'll end up panic buying

Staveley's takeover of the club is close, according to SSN.

Hopefully this nightmare will finally end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Told myself I wasn't drinking until Christmas, but cans for Staveley will be a must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Would be amazing for the game tonight if there was 90mins of singing her name .... im sure rafa wont mind for 1 game ;)

Oh Mandy, you came and you saved us from Ashley! Now Sports directs gone away! Oh Mandy!!!

Thought Lejeune was ropey enough lately, would have kept Clark with Lascelles meself. Sigurdsson and Lennon are going to have a field day down the wings :(

Soo close

Shocking from Darlow again.

Most of these 0layers have one or two howlers a game in them

Of course they score immediately after we hit the woodwork and it just has to be Rooney. Never fail to live ip to a script

If it weren't for bad luck we'd have none

We battered Everton in the first half. Unbelievable bad luck to be behind at HT.

As for the mistake, that is exactly what happens when you have sub par players. They all have a mistake or 2 in them and it being Newcastle we inevitably pay for it. Hardest part to take was the fact we hammered the post 20 seconds before everton were handed a goal.

Second half was an absolute disgrace. Cant stomach even commenting any further on it.

Shelvey's first yellow was also very harsh, half a dozen everton fouls were worse and didn't receive cards (and rightly so). He's a marked man and that will be the end of him at the club i think

Could be worse, we could be Sunderland supporters.

Could be worse, we could be Sunderland supporters.

They'd beat us comfortably ....

No such thing as a positive day a Newcastle, always has to be a kick in the nuts

• Advertisement
Advertisement