Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Played some what well today from the mid back.
    Just offer absolutely nothing going forward.
    Perez is chronic, undone by a piece brilliance in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Huge possibility of religation, if we don't buy in January and the signings don't hit the ground running we're in trouble. From April we have a tough run in and have Liverpool and Spurs in March. Also looking too late to sell the club for a January cash injection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

bottom 3 now... it's going to be a long January. we have City twice in 3 weeks, other than that some beatable teams are in there, luck just isnt falling our way in final third... or we are just brutal in it. one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Thankfully Swansea beaten tonight, they seem to be doing their best to out-do us in the sh!tness stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'm not sure if I've let the Christmas spirit blind me or not but im feeling optimistic about this match today. Need any points we can get at this stage.

EDIT: Those on Twitter saying Saivet and Diame could potentially be the worst cm partnership Newcastle have ever fielded must be keeping quiet now.

I put Newcastle in my bet today. Really think we can get something out of this.

Obviously surprised with saivet and diame but looks to be working. Hopefully we can hold on

After the last few weeks of horrible luck we really deserved those 3 points today, started to get a little worried when we started sitting back because we're far more prone to errors when we do sit back. Thankfully we managed to just about hold on. Huge 3 points.

• Advertisement

Despite some bizarre refereeing and our own mistakes we managed to stop the rot. Atsu had a really good game and looked a threat throughout. We made it very difficult in the end didn't we!

Away win too to top it off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s a nice win just as West Ham looked to be coming into some form under Moyes. Top half finish is still on but that fully rests on the takeover going through and good investment being done in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

martyos121 wrote: »
    That’s a nice win just as West Ham looked to be coming into some form under Moyes. Top half finish is still on but that fully rests on the takeover going through and good investment being done in January.

If we stay up and are rid of ashley by the end of the season that will do me. Think the fact we have rafa will keep us safe, hel get enough points out of these kinda games. I mean , I don't think one fan would have picked the team he picked today yet he saw it could get us a result

Be very worried if I was west brom

Top half? Give me 17th tyvm and I'll be delighted

Top half is of course possible give the way through table is now, however I think that we are going in the wrong direction recently and that gao between 10tj and 17th will widen drastically

Yeah i just want to stay up this season, I'd consider 10th the absolute best case scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

From now until Feb is crucial, we have some really tough games at the end of the season. Although Man City with league wrapped up and if relegation is pretty much finished early we have a good chance. WBA and Swansea being so bad is hugely lucky for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Honestly believe we have the worst team in the league but with one of the best managers!

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Honestly believe we have the worst team in the league but with one of the best managers!

Without doubt! Hodge podge of bargain bin players that happend to be available at the time on the cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

All the best to you all. Here's hoping 2018 starts with the news we've all been waiting for for about 8 years and we can maybe begin to get some stability. Given who we play next, 2017 ain't going to end pretty

Merry Christmas and a black and white new year with as little time in the red zone as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Behind the couch viewing tonight lads!!

Whats the worst that can happen eh

• Advertisement

Probably yeah but I suppose it's one of those "free" kind of games where it doesn't really matter what happens as there is absolutely no pressure or expectation. Even if we get battered 5/6-0, it'll always be put down to City being in such scintillating form and "it could've been any team out there".
    Hold them to a 1/2-0 is probably the best to hope for I'd say.

Staying up will be defined by how we do against the likes of Swansea, West Brom, Bournemouth, Palace etc, not against City, Chelsea, Man Utd.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Probably yeah but I suppose it's one of those "free" kind of games where it doesn't really matter what happens as there is absolutely no pressure or expectation. Even if we get battered 5/6-0, it'll always be put down to City being in such scintillating form and "it could've been any team out there".
    Hold them to a 1/2-0 is probably the best to hope for I'd say.

Staying up will be defined by how we do against the likes of Swansea, West Brom, Bournemouth, Palace etc, not against City, Chelsea, Man Utd.

This.

Between the 2 man city games we have 3 very winnable, must win matches.

Win these and we should have some light on the bottom 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Least we could have had is gayle up front so he can chase some ball...

We have no outlet what so ever with this 11

I had hoped for a sneaky 1-1 against a second string city 11... just hoping to keep them to below 5 goals now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sickening to see Atsu on the bench, even if he needs a rest. I could genuinely see him scoring in this game if he targeted Otamendi who’s too easily caught out by pacey wingers, but alas it’s not to be. With the team named, getting out of the match without the goal difference taking a battering would be almost acceptable for ye I’d guess. As others have said, it’s a free match basically that no team can expect to take a point from.

Aarrons starting.. rafa must have looked at the last time we beat city and decided to go with that again!

Where do we go the second half? That was miserable.

Just say fcuk it and go for it? Lads are putting the shift in but when we have it it's too rushed.

I just realised manquillo started. Not even messing

City are obvioisly playing 20 yards into pir half (why wouldnt they)I'd bring atsu on and as soon as he or Roland oget the ball. Just pass to themselves... chip into corner and chase onto it. It's all we can hope for. They have the pace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Second half was better, at least had a go at City, how began to get nervous having missed alot of chances in the 1st half.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Shelvey was rubbish again. Has to be dropped against Brighton.

Big chance today to get a bit further away from the relegation zone. Going to go for a 1-1 though

Must.win.game!

• Advertisement

Really like the squad for today. Dummet back in. Clark and lascelles hopefully rekindle their form from earlier in the season, merino and atsu in the squad with gayle playing off joselu.

Have a feeling it's a big result for us today by 3 + goals.

Must win game is right. Hoping for a bit of luck today. We are due some at this stage!

Rubbish game; no quality at all. Can't believe that we haven't worked their keeper with two wingers and two strikers on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Iv watched some **** matchs over the years with us, Championship included.

But wow that was miserable. sitting back against the mighty brighton, how poor can a team be.

Joseulo has to be the most static striker there is, challenges nothing in the box, slow.

big big trouble now with the other lower teams winning

Simply no quality in this tea. Unless 50 million is injected in 3 players in january, we will be straight back down without Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Not looking good. That really was a must win. The takeover has gone very quiet too. Considering the outrageous fees being paid for players, rafa won't have enough cash or time to buy his way to safety. It's looking ominous at this stage

Salmon wrote: »
    Not looking good. That really was a must win. The takeover has gone very quiet too. Considering the outrageous fees being paid for players, rafa won't have enough cash or time to buy his way to safety. It's looking ominous at this stage

Dithering over a couple of million while Rome is burning.

The sad part of this is Ashley as usual thinks he is dealing from a position of strength. Sadly, as usual, he's wrong and the value of the club will half in 5 months if this deal falls over and he'll lose 3/4 times the alleged difference in valuation.

I would also fully expect Rafa to walk should this deal not happen. Supposedly he has had a huge amount of input into getting this deal started in the first place

He would be a big part of why the offer is there in the first place. If new owners come in they don't need to look for a manager to take them to the heights their money warrants they have a manager there that can do it. The stadium is there, the fan base is there, only thing standing in the way is a hungry cnut holding out for a few bob. He doesn't give a crap and knows this stalling is killing our team

• Advertisement

While performances and surviving are important, long term this sale is of more importance. I can take being relegated. For the third ****ing time it might be what's needed to flush the place clean and start again.
    The issue is this time unlike the others, relegation could mean losing the deal and Rafa which we might not bounce back as well from.

That's why it's so frustrating. For a supposedly business savvy man, Ashley doesn't seem to recognise the damage he's doing to the value of his own asset and the longer he holds the less he'll get.
    Between Rafa and fresh investment we are staring at the biggest opportunity this club has had in years and that fat prick is going to lose us both.

I would 100% understand Rafa walking as early as possible if this falls through

Surprise, surprise, a championship squad is struvgling in the PL...

There are some things that Rafa needs to be questioned on like how big are the trees that joselu and diame are pulling up in training? why is mitro more of a risk in the headcase department than shelvey? And how badly did ashley **** him over in the last window?

But, all in all, rafa needs players ... with them we may stay up, without them we dont.

Strange squad selection today. Gayle joselu dummet and merino all dropped. No recognised striker starting. Perez up top on his own?

As **** as Stoke have been today I'm quietly confident we'll **** this up

We've had our chances and didn't take them. They will have theirs at some point

How I that not a red?

And how did the ref and linesman miss that blatant hand ball?

• Advertisement

Get in, despite the refs best efforts here we are ahead.

Unfathomable that a penalty wasn't given there

What site do you use to watch it M5?

fitzparker wrote: »
    What site do you use to watch it M5?

DM me

Swansea at home next. If tonight goes as you expect then we've the chance to put 9 points between us. 7/9 from Brighton, Stoke, Swansea would be satisfying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

fitzparker wrote: »
    Strange squad selection today. Gayle joselu dummet and merino all dropped. No recognised striker starting. Perez up top on his own?

Perez is a striker. It is a myth that he can play the 10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement