Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

With Barkley on his way to Chelsea will this allow Kennedy to join us on loan soon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

With 3 weeks left in the transfer window, do you guys think we will sign anyone? who realistically would you like?

We have been linked with noone, biggest talking point has been the Beardsley incident.

Is it worth taking a punt on ighalo that used to play for watford? £20m is supposed asking price.

Surprised shaqiri off stoke is still there.

Bring back Remy on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I'd imagine not, does it close earlier this year?

A game of chess being played by Ashley, window yet another piece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Dominate the whole game and are useless forwards yet again look like costing us the game. How are we losing to this shower?

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Dominate the whole game and are useless forwards yet again look like costing us the game. How are we losing to this shower?

Port team mate, poor in all departments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Apart from the subs - as usual - Rafa got everything right again. It's just you've got Gayle missing a hat-trick, then Dummett, then Perez, then you've got Ritchie's useless delivery, Shelvey's abysmal free kick - I mean we have enough chances there where, if we had Man City's players, it's 8-0.

Then Darlow just produces the most worthless piece of "goalkeeping" and it's 0-1. I really don't envy Rafa, what the hell do you do? It's an impossible situation he's been dealt with.

Honest to God if we had one Premier League class centre forward, we'd be top 10. That's how **** the league is, and how vital that role is. You can see the body language of the players drop and drop and drop as they realise it doesn't matter what they give Gayle, he's gonna **** up. Then they know the alternative will be Joselu. You can really feel that they get really downhearted.

We've got too many passengers. Most of them players Rafa has bought. He needs to take a good long hard look at himself and his "scouting". But with just that **** Charnley above him, what hope we can ship out 6 or 7 and bring in the 4 or so quality players we need. I'd gladly throw Gayle and Ritchie out with the rest of those about to leave.

Maybe that's what Rafa needs to think about - teams will buy Ritchie and Gayle, so why not ship those useless ****ers out and see what you can get instead.

Can someone give me a good financial reason why Ashley would sell? He gets free world wide advertising for his primary brand. Cut price advertising for his sub brands. The club makes money that never gets reinvested. Not a huge leap to assume he's taking home a few quid based on that.

To maintain that and cover his "investment" he'd need a huge amount of dough to cover the loss of those perks.

Based on that I don't think he has any intention of selling. This is just another ruse to not spend any money in January, no doubt to be recycled again in the summer.

If im right Rafa will surely walk? Fans will walk this time.

This breaking Troy Deany story seems to back up my theory...

Lined up, deal agreed ad board level. He asked for assurances that Rafa would stay. Rafa was unwilling to give said assurances and the deal was canceled.

We have to strengthen, even with some loans, get rid of one player that can then go against 3 loans. that way Cashley doesnt have to spend and we MAY survive.

Try get players like Shaw off Man UTD, Ulloa off Leicester, elneny off arsenal

Its a World Cup year, surley there are players there that need starts to go to Russia.

starting 11 V Swansea was the exact championship squad we had last year.

Rafa will go and take over Madrid for the rest of the season if Zidane gets the chop.... watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Press Association Sport are reporting that Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has been given the all clear to bring in up to three new signings this month.

They claim owner Mike Ashley has accepted Benitez's argument, that he needs to make signings to help the club avoid relegation.

Benitez could boost his spending power and free up wages by offloading current members of his squad with Jack Colback and Henri Saivet among those considered surplus to requirements.

However, he has insisted he has no plans to sell any player currently playing amid speculation over the futures of Chancel Mbemba, Jonjo Shelvey and Christian Atsu.

Could this be true???? I would have thought we'd be looking to take in people on loan until the end of the season or Ashley sells, whichever happens first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Need a goalscorer of some sort. Current cop aren't up to the job. Problem is you need to spend 15 million for a good one. Ashley will never spend that. I think we should do everything to sign either Batushyi or Llorente on goal. Highly unlikely though

New tv deal next month. Likely holding up the takeover if there is one.

On the deal, seems to be stalling over 50 million or so. Considering the club would loose 100 if relegated. Makes me wonder if the potential new owners have any financial backing

On signings, we were in much worse state before Christmas, it's astounding that this hasn't been discussed. Asleep at the wheel yet again

6m the budget lads!

We have huge gaps in the squad and 2/3 positions with no players available that play there.

Trolling the fans at this stage.

Huddersfield just spend double that on a backup player and we are to close the gaping holes in our squad with 6 ****ing million.

I would do anything to get Andy Carroll back here!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I would do anything to get Andy Carroll back here!

Chelsea interested. You can forget that one

M5 wrote: »
    Chelsea interested. You can forget that one

Yeah that's why I posted. Surely Batshuiyi on the way out on loan somewhere. Lucky club who gets him.

Yeah that's why I posted. Surely Batshuiyi on the way out on loan somewhere. Lucky club who gets him.

Again, we won't pay the wages for him either. We are a mid table championship side

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Breaking on sky sports that there is absolutely no deal between PCP and Ashley.

Negotiations were exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time according to a source close to Ashley.

This is absolutely heart breaking

As I said yesterday and earlier, it makes zero sense for Ashley to sell financially. Also if pcp are going to do anything more than Ashley they'd not be dragging thier heels over a 50m on an asset that could devalue by 100 deal didn't go through and they spent money.

I'm now of the mind that there is no deal.

Rafa gone once he is sure of that. Me too (perhaps slightly less importantly)

• Advertisement

Bid danger of Rafa walking now. Alot bonds on the last few days of the transfer window. With fat Mike's record, I would be very concerned.

Hopefully that will jolt the fan base into action at last

Hopefully that will jolt the fan base into action at last

Do you mean hounding Ashley at games??!

Do you mean hounding Ashley at games??!

Water off a ducks back. Needs to be empty stadium for at least one game. Or a walkout. Something very visible or something that costs Ashley money or devalues his brand.

No other form of protest will achieve anything

Water off a ducks back. Needs to be empty stadium for at least one game. Or a walkout. Something very visible or something that costs Ashley money or devalues his brand.

No other form of protest will achieve anything

Would be very counterproductive. Would seriously affect the team and like you said water off a duck's back.

Would be very counterproductive. Would seriously affect the team and like you said water off a duck's back.

Going down, lost the beer manager we have had in years, can't see how anything about a protest would be counterproductive.

Ashley is bleeding the cub dry. No advertising revenue, payments to ahsly subsidiaries etc. It will remain like this unless he's gone. I'd rather be in league 2.and trying than carrying on with this zombie club

• Advertisement

Going down, lost the beer manager we have had in years, can't see how anything about a protest would be counterproductive.

Ashley is bleeding the cub dry. No advertising revenue, payments to ahsly subsidiaries etc. It will remain like this unless he's gone. I'd rather be in league 2.and trying than carrying on with this zombie club

Well that's the problem. He is going nowhere for now. What we as fans need to do is stick with the players. St. James's park is such a hard place to play when the fans are on the player's backs and a silly protest like that against Ashley, will do only exacerbate that tension to the players. I don't want Ashley at the club anymore than you but unlike you, I certainly don't want to go through another relegation.

Well that's the problem. He is going nowhere for now. What we as fans need to do is stick with the players. St. James's park is such a hard place to play when the fans are on the player's backs and a silly protest like that against Ashley, will do only exacerbate that tension to the players. I don't want Ashley at the club anymore than you but unlike you, I certainly don't want to go through another relegation.

By all means back the players.

But where do you think we are going with no Rafa? We. Have a mid table championship side at best with several positions not covered. If you don't want relegation after relegation a change is needed. The club has been relegated twice in Ashley's tenure compared. To 4 times in the previous 100 years. We scraped relegation 3 times also. That's 7 out of 10 years that we have been either relegated, nearly relegated or in the championship under him.

If you don't like relegation, Ashley has to go

Deal's off... Officially

But we have all those other interested parties to fall back on! You know the ones the club said we're interested! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

By all means back the players.

But where do you think we are going with no Rafa? We. Have a mid table championship side at best with several positions not covered. If you don't want relegation after relegation a change is needed. The club has been relegated twice in Ashley's tenure compared. To 4 times in the previous 100 years. We scraped relegation 3 times also. That's 7 out of 10 years that we have been either relegated, nearly relegated or in the championship under him.

If you don't like relegation, Ashley has to go

You are missing my point: it will be impossible to sell the club in the championship or without Rafa, so for the immediate future, we need to support the team, even with Ashley still there.

You are missing my point: it will be impossible to sell the club in the championship or without Rafa, so for the immediate future, we need to support the team, even with Ashley still there.

OK, I get you.

But, Rafa brought pcp to Newcastle. He'll be off in the morning

• Advertisement

Another thought

Thai came right on the coat tails of 6m being mentioned as the budget. Could the whole takeover be yet another ruse to not spend money?

Supposedly Amanda stalvey, is devestated that she had to hear about a deal collapse through the media rather then from the firm's involved.

All hear say for now I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

In all honesty, hard to blame Rafa if he walked out. Far too good for the bull**** he has had to put up with.

I would hold no grudges if Rafa left. Honestly he's been treated like a mug. I only hope that he will have some terribly awkward interviews for Ashley and maybe the reality of being a Newcastle fan will be visible for all to see above the PR spouted by Sky etc.

Under keegan with same amount of games played we were on same points, same wins, same draws and also same points different to 2nd.

Under Ashley we cant compete with Huddersfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Don't get me wrong, I wish Ashley would just head off into the sunset. But there is something a bit fishy about staveley and co! If they are this super rich group they should have been much more aggressive in their bidding. How long is it since their initial bid? Why has it taken this long for Ashley to become frustrated with the progress on the bidding process. If they are that wealthy and want the club so badly it shouldn't take this long to either come to an agreement on the price, or realise that they were so far apart it was never going to happen. Is it possible that staveley is trying to buy the club for someone who isn't as wealthy as we all think, something isn't adding up!!

Totally agree Salmon. Made a lengthy post about it yesterday.

Also financially stupid to give up the sweetheart deal on advertising

One possibility is that Ashley is trying to smoke out any other bidders.

We'll know if that is the case if Rafa is here at mid-day tomorrow

Stalvey back in 2007 was in deep discussions with Liverpool for months until that deal went dead, again, was seen to have been lowballing and dragging heels for month's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, Rafa will be going nowhere.

He has one of the best deals financially in club football, has huge backing from the fans, so much so that he could probably lose every game between now and the end of the season and still not get criticised and perhaps most importantly, does not want to move away from his family in the UK again and there’s a complete lack of other feasible roles available over there.

This must be at least 5 times now since he took over less than 2 years ago that we have heard he’s on the verge of walking.

• Advertisement

Regardless of what's happening Ashley needs to put his hands in his pockets. every week since August 2016 SJP has had at least id say 90% + capacity. after all the incomings and outgoings in that time we have probably broke even. there has to be money to spend, Fcuk the deal and all that, it was probably never there in the first place. as M5 said it's not in his interest to sell. As above he has basically had a free 18 months.

We as fans know that we have the best manager we could ask for, but Ashley must think that because we do he can transform any squad. he Can't no manager can, he needs backing and support.

The only thing we really have going this year is a few rounds of the FA Cup, by the looks of the squad he sent out against Luton Rafa is going for it, but we now have a strong possibility of Chelsea away next round, so if we get knocked out of that the focus is more so on the league. we have to build on it.

teams like Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield have much smaller stadiums and fan base yet Bournemouth can spend 20m on Nathen Ake and give defoe 100k plus

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I saw in the BBC article that this could be Ashley pushing the envelope to the edge. Will the TV deal really impact this that much? Another run of bad results and his 300m valuation is in the toilet

Going to be a long day.
    Saved by the flag, very very poor from joselu

PauloConn wrote: »
    I saw in the BBC article that this could be Ashley pushing the envelope to the edge. Will the TV deal really impact this that much? Another run of bad results and his 300m valuation is in the toilet

Another relegation no skin off his nose. Will be certain of promotion in his eyes. The fans keep coming so money keeps flowing in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

In fairness to the team last night, they gave a good account of themselves.

Can't faul let the players, worth noting that every single one of our players yesterday played in the championship last year.

Another infuriating stat. Our starting lineup this time cost 58m. The Last time we beat city on their own patch was 10 years ago. Starting lineup that day cost 60m. Despite. 500% or so inflation in that time we.still spend less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Tasty, cool, collecyrd finish by murphy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Swansea beating Liverpool tonight an awful result for us. Now only 6pts separating 10th and 20th so it could really be any 3 that could drop into the relegation zone and tbh it's not at all difficult in seeing us being one of the worst three. We've been poor lately and haven't been picking up anything but just as worryingly, all the teams around us are getting results nearly every week. We're in big trouble.

Kennedy pictured at central station ahead of expected loan move

• Advertisement

whispers of Kevin Gameiro on loan aswell

Advertisement