Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

fitzparker wrote: »
    whispers of Kevin Gameiro on loan aswell

Dont say it too loud or bournmouth will have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Mystery striker is......
    Nicolai Jorgensen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

M5 wrote: »
    Mystery striker is......
    Nicolai Jorgensen
    Is that good or bad or the best we could have hoped for?

Icaras wrote: »
    Is that good or bad or the best we could have hoped for?

Won't be in the top 100 transfers in the premier league and yet I'd expect, if the "record" I'd broken, that there will be much fanfare

Never heard of the chap tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He’s pretty good to be fair lads, a proper goalscorer that wouldn’t be nearly as wasteful as the other strikers at the club. On the other hand, I’d be wary of any player stepping up from the Eredivisie to the PL, a lot of them work out but a lot don’t as well, it’s a fairly big step up in quality. AFAIK there’s a Feyenoord supporter who posts on this forum, he’d give the best opinion of him for sure.

• Advertisement

Funny how we leak that we are signing a 20m plus striker and bid 13?

It's either gross stupidity showing your hand or the usual guff of a low ball bid followed by "we couldn't get it over the line"

Another interesting point. Rafa stated that he wanted business done by Jan 20th. Zero movement at all until the 21st. Ashley putting Rafa in his place there, make no mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

we are seriously a sham of a club......

our transfer record is still Michael Owen for £16 million....... minows of clubs break that with ease... even look at Southampton, near 20m for a striker and not a hullabaloo about it.

now we have been told a player is valued at 21.5M..

first bid 13m....
    "eh no thanks lads, 21.5m, or if we accept euros also at 25m"
    "ok Feyenoord how bout 15m"
    eh.....no"

Jorgenson deal off, what a shock!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Sturridge would have been a great signing too. Joselu and Gayle until the Summer. F*ck this club

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Sturridge would have been a great signing too. Joselu and Gayle until the Summer. F*ck this club

Did you honestly think it would be any other way?

• Advertisement

Did you honestly think it would be any other way?

Well, I would have thought so! Playing for Rafa instead of Pardew would be a bit of a no brainer for me anyway!!!

Well, I would have thought so! Playing for Rafa instead of Pardew would be a bit of a no brainer for me anyway!!!

**** training facilities, woeful medical facilities, club in turmoil, creative players nonexistent

For an injury prone player looking to get back on form its probably the last place you want to be

This transfer window is depressing.

This transfer window is depressing.

No different from any other window then

The Takeover and the rafa contract and Ashleys holiday in the USA. All designed to ensure no signings and provide the same pathetic excuses as always...

3 windows with the best manager we have had in 10+ years, a manager lightyears ahead of where we are and our idiot owner squanders the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I know its the same old story but I honestly believed Ashley would buy at least 1 attacking player to ensure we remain in the prepremier league and keeping the value in his " asset ".

For a billionaire businessman he is pretty stupid , being relegated for the 3rd time under Ashley, losing our best manager since sir Bobby and losing millions off the value of the club.

And still other fans will say we have unrealistic expectations ffs

The Takeover and the rafa contract and Ashleys holiday in the USA. All designed to ensure no signings and provide the same pathetic excuses as always...

3 windows with the best manager we have had in 10+ years, a manager lightyears ahead of where we are and our idiot owner squanders the chance.

this is what iv been saying, in the 3 windows id put a bet on that he has actually made money on transfers (townsend,Gini,Sissoko = 65m alone)

Add that to 50k + that came through the turnstiles 23 times last season and so far 10/12 this season.....

yet we won't budge on a few million to get a player "over the line".

oh and Newcastle must be getting some amount of TV money as we are never off the tele!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Sturridge on loan to WBA instead of us, Anderlecht sniffing around Mitri.... says it all.

Can;t really see how even Rafa could keep us up at this rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I'll be amazed if Rafa is still in charge come the end of the year if we're still deep in the ****. No reason he would. He's boxing with a hand tied behind his back, doesn't need a relegation on his cv that is the work of others

so, 8 hours left....

GK and Sulimani supposedly done deals (loans).

AArons,saivet,Mitro gone... leaves our midfield a bit tight.

not sure why a GK, Sulimani is a good signing.. power,pace its what we are lacking.

still need more!

the cheque book needs to come out for buys, 1 midfielder and a defenderI think, doubt strikers will be available this late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Id safely say that is that for us this window! Not good, the 3 points tonight could be huge. Its gonna be very tight to stay up considering those around us have all strenghtened. Squeeky bum time!

Christ....Joselu is muck. Shola was crap but at least he could take a penalty

Christ....Joselu is muck. Shola was crap but at least he could take a penalty

Look at how good Kennedy looks... We are used to looking at utter donkeys all the time. Crosses can actually pass the first man it seems! And wing backs can get into the box!

Joselu living up to his transfer fee. Enough is enough. I'd rather Gary Doherty

Silimani deal done

We will never score.

Nope, can't score from 6 yards yet players shooting from half way.

Absolutely garbage so far. Burney are rubbish but we are almost inviting them to have shots in our box.

I can see Burnley nicking it and that arsehole Hendrick scoring again.

Thank God for Kenedy and that left foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Kennedy looks the stand out player in he's first game.

• Advertisement

Don't worry lads, Joselu will win this for us, you can always depend on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

**** this club

Another scandalous performance.

What's the point lads? Honestly. Such a collection of absolute dross. Joselu yet again costs us.

Joselu will relegate us by himself. We are down. Cannot keep dropping points against crap opposition

It’s an actual disgrace Joselu is a premier league footballer. If he didn’t have a foreign name he’d be in league one if he’s lucky. And he’s not the only one

So did we sign anyone? :D

I decided Transfer Deadline day isnt for Newcastle fans and ignored SKy Sports completely today

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So did we sign anyone? :D

I decided Transfer Deadline day isnt for Newcastle fans and ignored SKy Sports completely today

slimani and a GK (not sure why)

also waiting to see if transfer paper went through for Sibierski and Kuqi

slimani and a GK (not sure why)

also waiting to see if transfer paper went through for Sibierski and Kuqi

After the game last night.... i can see why we went after an FC and a GK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Lads I love rafa and hope hes with us for years to come, hes working miracles by keeping us out of the relegation zone.

Ive never really criticised him before but Jesus he deserves some for persisting with joselu. What the **** can he possibly see in him. I know mitro has been poor but there's no way if you gave him a 5/6 game run to find his sharpness that he could be as bad as joselu.

Anyway, lets hope slimani is the answer, looked a good player whenever I have seen him play. That was in a free flowing top attacking side tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

tastyt wrote: »
    Lads I love rafa and hope hes with us for years to come, hes working miracles by keeping us out of the relegation zone.

Ive never really criticised him before but Jesus he deserves some for persisting with joselu. What the **** can he possibly see in him. I know mitro has been poor but there's no way if you gave him a 5/6 game run to find his sharpness that he could be as bad as joselu.

Anyway, lets hope slimani is the answer, looked a good player whenever I have seen him play. That was in a free flowing top attacking side tho!!

He's more likely to get a 5/6 game ban than a 5/6 game run

And why did Joselu who has never scored a penalty, get to have a go last night?

Rafa has to take some flak for that surely?

• Advertisement

440381.jpg

Fair play to them for pulling this off! The fanbase stirring at last?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Kennedy looked good, Slimani has to give another option up front or a reason to leave Joselu on the bench at least. Not sure why we would let Mtiro go though? Surely to have a level of competition for positions is a good thing or was he getting pi**ed off being on the bench?

Darlow feeling the pressure last night....knows hes going to be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

440381.jpg

Fair play to them for pulling this off! The fanbase stirring at last?
    He'll be delighted with a bit of sports direct publicity

https://twitter.com/alanshearer/status/958819390878822401
    Shearer hit the nail on the head.

Net spend of 4.5million is bottom of the barrel championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

christ I'd swear I'm watching a gaa footie match the ball is in the air so much.
    Sanchez is making gaps and creating balls for other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Stonewall pen that

When you're at the bottom those decisions just don't go your way

That Diame fella we signed in january is playing well because it's defo not the one we have had the past 18 months.

Chap has been our best player past 4 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

our keeper is playing a stormer so far on his debut..probably jinxed him now.

Get in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement