Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there "something wrong" with a guy if he...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Immature & pathetic world view to have, as if women are tarnished" or "spoiled" in accordance with the number of sexual partners they've had. Whereas men get off scot free coz it's an achievement for a lad to get laid?

Virgin whore complex, sexism and sore egos. Women like sex too. Get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

tomthetank wrote: »
    Immature & pathetic world view to have, as if women are tarnished" or "spoiled" in accordance with the number of sexual partners they've had. Whereas men get off scot free coz it's an achievement for a lad to get laid?

Virgin whore complex, sexism and sore egos. Women like sex too. Get over it

I disagree with you fine sir. sex for male and female is quite different, both physically and emotionally. A lady is more attached to the act of sex, if she has had numerous male partners ( someone threw 20 out there) for one night stands she would be feeling a little empty and depleted inside, having let so many different male members come and go. a male can become detached, he can perform, finish and be forgotten with it. a lady cannot, unless she is a real whore.
    I would like to marry a lady who hasn't been left empty and devoid of her soul by numerous pricks, one that is willing to take me in and give me all her soul.
    nothing immature about it, but a bird who sleeps around 'for the fun of it' isn't worth pissing on in my opinion. she is definitely tarnished

a male can become detached, he can perform, finish and be forgotten with it. a lady cannot, unless she is a real whore.

Classy.
    I suspect a select few on this thread are misrepresenting the male population of Ireland with this old sexist catholic guilt ridden shyte.
    Thread needs euthanising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I don't think there's anything wrong with a guy with a small number of sexual partners having a preference for a woman with a similar number to him.

A guy with a large number having a preference for a woman with a small number, well that's kinda fcuked up imo.

TBH I find the whole idea of needing to know your partner's 'number' very strange indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Classy.
    I suspect a select few on this thread are misrepresenting the male population of Ireland with this old sexist catholic guilt ridden shyte.

I suspect a bit of trolling from some tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I disagree with you fine sir. sex for male and female is quite different, both physically and emotionally. A lady is more attached to the act of sex, if she has had numerous male partners ( someone threw 20 out there) for one night stands she would be feeling a little empty and depleted inside, having let so many different male members come and go. a male can become detached, he can perform, finish and be forgotten with it. a lady cannot, unless she is a real whore.
    I would like to marry a lady who hasn't been left empty and devoid of her soul by numerous pricks, one that is willing to take me in and give me all her soul.
    nothing immature about it, but a bird who sleeps around 'for the fun of it' isn't worth pissing on in my opinion. she is definitely tarnished

Do make sure to let all the (doubtless countless) female suitors pining for you of your high standards, you're sure to be a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Oof ouch! I've never got attached except once and that wasn't to a ONS... This post is a load of nonsensical drival...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

a male can become detached, he can perform, finish and be forgotten with it.

What if he can't?

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ongarboy wrote: »
    I can appreciate why some people would be put off by that or why it may be an issue but what I'm getting from the thread and particularly from what OP said is that it's ok for themselves to sleep around but not their prospective partner. I've an issue with the double standards of that attitude, not the number of sleeping partners.

Can't argue with you there
    I'm asking this as a genuine question but do people really ask early on? Is it something that you would have to know?

I don't mean you, per se.

When you meet someone you would get a vibe of them so should have some idea of what kind of lifestyle they led before they met you. For example if I meet a girl who parties alot and spends alot of time in Ibiza I will not be that surprised if she has had a large number of partners whereas if I meet a girl who is shyer, does not go out very much and seems conservative then you would assume a lower number. Birds of a feather tend to flock together so it has never been a huge issue for me personally but it is a conversation that I've had with most (if not all) of my previous girlfriends and it was not always me that initiated the conversation.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you meet someone you would get a vibe of them so should have some idea of what kind of lifestyle they led before they met you. For example if I meet a girl who parties alot and spends alot of time in Ibiza I will not be that surprised if she has had a large number of partners whereas if I meet a girl who is shyer, does not go out very much and seems conservative then you would assume a lower number. Birds of a feather tend to flock together so it has never been a huge issue for me personally but it is a conversation that I've had with most (if not all) of my previous girlfriends and it was not always me that initiated the conversation.

That's predicated on them still being in the phase of partying,or not, as the case may be.

But what about someone who has had a lot of partners in the past but who is no longer in that same mindset?

The number might still be high but they're not in the same place mentally/emotionally.

• Advertisement

You can get a vibe off someone and get a sense of their attitude towards sex without having to ask the question of how many partners theyve had. An odd question to ask and put so much weight on if u ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

It doesn't matter if you marry a virgin or someone who's had 100 sexual partners the BJs stop eventually. :-)

Personally speaking I'd rather have a partner who was comfortable with sex, enjoyed it and was bluntly good than spend my time obsessing over something as meaningless as the number of partners they'd had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Wow....just wow in a world where every woman is the same and incredibly weak minded that may hold true but that's not this world, misogyny and narrowmindedness is still very alive and well on here clearly though :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

herisson wrote: »
    So women who have a high score have mental issues?

That is absolutely ridiculous statement to make.

What about men? Does the same go for them if they have a high score?

Some women actually like having a lot of sex. Some with the same partner, some with different. Alcohol/drug/mental issues, dont always come into play here.

Nothing ridiculous about it. You don't think promiscuity can be linked with substance abuse and/or mental health issues?

And yes it can apply to men. How many teetotaler men go out and score every night? Very few I would say.

There are many people living the party lifestyle with is neither healthy nor sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Can't argue with you there

You can get a vibe off someone and get a sense of their attitude towards sex without having to ask the question of how many partners theyve had. An odd question to ask and put so much weight on if u ask me

It can be very deceiving and people change over time. I went out a lot in my early to mid 20's and became a little shyer and stayed in more afterwards. When I met my current boyfriend it was in my later 20's so he wouldn't have know the older me. He doesn't know my exact number but has become aware I have had ONS in the past and would have slept with considerably more people than him. When he found out it wasnt an issue and didn't bother him but he did mention that he was surprised and he wouldn't have suspected it.

Also had I not met my current boyfriend I would still be open to ONS, just because someone does not go out often does not mean it would not happen. Also I know plenty of people who would be out partying 3 nights a week and have never had a ONS.

Mike747 wrote: »
    And yes it can apply to men. How many teetotaler men go out and score every night? Very few I would say.

Every single one of the teetotal men that I know that go out regularly score pretty much every night.

That's 100%.

Nothing ridiculous about it. You don't think promiscuity can be linked with substance abuse and/or mental health issues?

Something tells me that if you are the kind of person who doesn't mind banging people with mental health and substance abuse issues then promiscuity is probably not going to be much of a worry for you.

Based on... your prejudices?
    There are many people living the party lifestyle with is neither healthy nor sustainable.

'The party lifestyle' Lolgasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

On one hand it think you should judge someone by your own standards but on the other people can be very selective on their own criteria. A partners previous sexual partners may be very important for some guys (and some girls though it seems less of an issue) but I suppose you could say the same for financial situations. Guys would be judged generally harsher by woman than woman by men based on their finances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

"'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a ****ty lock.'”

Analogy makes sense, women are the proverbial locks, while men are trying to get in. A girl who has been with too many guys, das not it mane, not wife material at all I'm afraid despite the protests of white knights and the likes this is just how it is.

Its sad to see the mindset of a lot of girls in this thread, seems finding a good girl these days is impossible, they all wanna 'have fun' which translates to having sex with as many people as they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Analogy makes sense, women are the proverbial locks, while men are trying to get in. A girl who has been with too many guys, das not it mane, not wife material at all I'm afraid despite the protests of white knights and the likes this is just how it is.

Its sad to see the mindset of a lot of girls in this thread, seems finding a good girl these days is impossible, they all wanna 'have fun' which translates to having sex with as many people as they can.

Good God, women who care about their own happiness rather than whether judgemental men they don't know would consider them wife material. What is the world coming to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭paddy1990

EdenHazard wrote: »

Good post.

My last girlfriend was 29. Wouldn't have sex on the first night. "I've had all my one night stands" she said.

What an insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

paddy1990 wrote: »
    Good post.

My last girlfriend was 29. Wouldn't have sex on the first night. "I've had all my one night stands" she said.

What an insult.

Maybe she just wasn't into you

The number isn't relevant, it's the manner. For me anyway. Someone could have a low number because of a long-term relationship or because they just didn't do ONSes. Or because they're a relationship junkie, which is something that would be in the back of my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

It can. But you are saying that women with a high score usually have mental/alcohol problems. That isnt always the case.

My friend is a teetotler and he scores quite a bit. Its due to his looks and personality, nothing to do with alcohol.

Yes there are but having a high score is not always linked to this.

You can have a high sex drive and have sex with people driving up your score without having any of these problems.

Actually this is a pretty interesting dynamic in relationships. Guys will put up with certain things to get sex but may not consider the partner relationship material where women can, I guess be more straight forward. It's like when you hear women complaining that men are not willing to commit but don't think it's anything got to do with them.

We went out for 4 months and had a lot of sex eventually but it was the last time I'll go out with a girl that old again.

I want her back when she was young and excited about doing new stuff. When the topic of anal sex came up, she was like, "i tried that with other bfs and didn't like it so no" to give one example. Holding off sex was because "i had a lot of one night stands when i was younger, i've matured now" and so on. I could give quite a few more examples.

Most guys want young fresh, almost naive women, not old washed up girls who've "had their fun" and are past prime, hitting their 30s. Different mindsets is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So what you're saying is you want to find a girl that's not old enough to have copped on one night stands might not be something she enjoys, and that's willing to try things she doesn't like? Cause god forbid a woman might know her own mind enough to say "I don't want to have sex with a stranger" or "I don't enjoy anal sex". I can't believe you're 24, you are so immature I actually think you're trolling me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭skallywag

...I can't believe you're 24, you are so immature I actually think you're trolling me...

I think he pretty obviously is, don't feed the troll ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Edenhazard do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Good post.

What an insult.

Odd take on it.

Maybe the fact that she wasn't trying to jump your bones the first night was more of a compliment than anything else. She obviously felt you were special enough to get to know before you took things to the next level. Its funny but very telling you would take offence at that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Unless she was doing something illegal I dont think how she acted or what she did in the past is much of your concern, atleast it shouldnt be. Judge her on her present self. Who cares if she slept with lots of guys? like it literally makes NO difference to you? Unless she caught an STD from them the worst thing that could come out of this is that shes more experienced in bed, which is hardly a bad thing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No, there is nothing wrong with a man who doesn't want his new girlfriend to be the town bike, that is pretty normal in my eyes.

I go with the view of ignorance is bliss, I'd never ask a girlfriend how many people she has been with, I don't want that information.

Views on sex are more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

eviltwin wrote: »
    Odd take on it.

Maybe the fact that she wasn't trying to jump your bones the first night was more of a compliment than anything else. She obviously felt you were special enough to get to know before you took things to the next level. Its funny but very telling you would take offence at that. :rolleyes:

Actually that raises an interesting point on how differently people can view sex and what a tricky fcuker of a subject it is, if somebody strikes you as a great person and somebody you want to get to know well and possibly see a future with, doesn't it sort of make more sense to have sex with them than some randomer you don't actually like that much :confused:

I'm not saying either one is wrong and I do get the reasons why somebody would wait, but at the same time what your sort of implying is that sex is a special thing that should be shared by people with genuine feelings with each other, if your going to hold that view surely ONS do sort of cheapen the act :confused: (referring to ONS in the typical Irish drunken fashion).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

(referring to ONS in the typical Irish drunken fashion).

You mean fall into bed with someone and hope it all works out? :D

• Advertisement

Actually that raises an interesting point on how differently people can view sex and what a tricky fcuker of a subject it is, if somebody strikes you as a great person and somebody you want to get to know well and possibly see a future with, doesn't it sort of make more sense to have sex with them than some randomer you don't actually like that much :confused:

I'm not saying either one is wrong and I do get the reasons why somebody would wait, but at the same time what your sort of implying is that sex is a special thing that should be shared by people with genuine feelings with each other, if your going to hold that view surely ONS do sort of cheapen the act :confused: (referring to ONS in the typical Irish drunken fashion).

I don't hold that view at all but Paddy does so its odd that he would take her refusal to have sex on the first date as an insult seeing as he has said multiple times he isn't into women like that. You can't have it both ways, you can't want a woman who is selective about who she sleeps with but then get pissed when she won't sleep with you.

You can't have it both ways, you can't want a woman who is selective about who she sleeps with but then get pissed when she won't sleep with you.

Exactly. The irony is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

double post

I don't hold that view at all but Paddy does so its odd that he would take her refusal to have sex on the first date as an insult seeing as he has said multiple times he isn't into women like that. You can't have it both ways, you can't want a woman who is selective about who she sleeps with but then get pissed when she won't sleep with you.

This girl has had around 30 ONS.

Now when it comes to me she doesn't.

This is an insult.

Compare this to a girl who doesn't have ONS.

If she doesn't want to have one, thats fair and I respect it. The other girl has just insulted me by alllowing Danny the barman and John the athlete and who knows who else to have sex with her on the first night but lucky me gets the new and improved "mature" version.

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

This is an insult.

If she doesn't want to have one, thats fair and I respect it. The other girl has just insulted me by alllowing Danny the barman and John the athlete and who knows who else to have sex with her on the first night but lucky me gets the new and improved "mature" version.

No thanks.

I'm guessing that says far more about your attitude towards her, than her attitude towards you, to be honest.

• Advertisement

This is an insult.

No thanks.

You must have known about the ONS's before you went out if you were insulted by her knock back. Why after saying you had no time for women who have ONS's would you go out with one :confused: Kinda contradicting yourself there. So the only reason your angry is because you were turned down, your ego got damaged, you took it personally. Someone not wanting to sleep with you is not an insult, maybe they don't find you physically attractive or there is no much chemistry there, maybe you just made her feel uncomfortable. Whatever the reason, getting angry and insulted at someone not sleeping with you is pretty childish.

This is an insult.

No thanks.

Did you just start this thread because you were pissed you didn't get laid that one time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This is an insult.

No it isn't. She has complete and utter autonomy over who she sleeps with. Your posts make you sound more than a tad immature to be honest.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

This is an insult.

No thanks.

Ahhhh, so now the crux of the issue comes to the fore.

A girl had approx 30 partners but wouldn't have sex with you on the first night.

Says more about you than her buddy.

;)

You must have known about the ONS's before you went out if you were insulted by her knock back. Why after saying you had no time for women who have ONS's would you go out with one :confused: Kinda contradicting yourself there. So the only reason your angry is because you were turned down, your ego got damaged, you took it personally. Someone not wanting to sleep with you is not an insult, maybe they don't find you physically attractive or there is no much chemistry there, maybe you just made her feel uncomfortable. Whatever the reason, getting angry and insulted at someone not sleeping with you is pretty childish.

You are displaying quite a strong lack of logic.

I have said I do not see girls that have multiple partners (in this case 30+) as "relationship material". I did not particularly want a relationship with this girl. Where is the contradiction?

If she didn't find me physically attractive or had no chemistry she wouldn't have had sex with me for 4 months would she?

sup_dude wrote: »
    Did you just start this thread because you were pissed you didn't get laid that one time?

Just LOL at the reaching :D

You are displaying quite a strong lack of logic.

I have said I do not see girls that have multiple partners (in this case 30+) as "relationship material". I did not particularly want a relationship with this girl. Where is the contradiction?

If she didn't find me physically attractive or had no chemistry she wouldn't have had sex with me for 4 months would she?

Ok no need to get uptight about it, I was just looking for clarification. :) You must have gotten over her insult if you dated for 4 months so you got laid eventually, what is the problem?

My ideal woman is a promiscuous virgin.

Just LOL at the reaching :D

What reaching? That's genuinely the way it's coming across and you accuse the last person to have a lack of logic where I can see none in your posts. Girls can't have numerous sexual partners but you get annoyed if the ones that do, don't sleep with you the first night? Do you want them to sleep with people or not? Or do you just want them to sleep with you?

In his case sure but then maybe it was not the best idea to tell him she had done it with other people previously on their first date. Her attitude may have changed but it would make their relationship less special from the start. The same goes for sexual experimentation. Not being willing to try something with a partner you have done previously with someone else.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement