Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for low clearance door mat. Any help appreciated.

• 06-10-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

We are in a bit of a predicament, we have a tile entrance hall with a very low clearance under the door. We badly need a good quality mat inside the door. Sinking the mat is not an option so we need to source a thin mat, but one that can take some soakage. Has anyone out there come across something that can help us? Or any ideas of where I might source something similar. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Home Store and More have some fairly thin mats, I've got them at all the exterior doors and they work fairly well. They're not too expensive and they usually have them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kmum

Same problem here and the door mats from cotswoldmatco dot com (sorry can't post links) work a treat. I've one at each of our external doors, both the hug rugs and their own made to measure range are very thin, I'd say 3mm if even. Good soakage and come out of the machine like new. They're at Bloom and the RDS Craft fair every year but also ship quite reasonably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have a mat that I bought by the meter from a hardware type shop but ages ago so I can't remember where, might have been Woodies. I think it is supposed to be a runner but I use it sideways inside the door (across the door) on a wooden floor, and it is perfect. Not sure about washing it, I just vacuum it. It does not let grit through so the floor does not get scratched.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blushing Pixie

I have the JML magic carpets, flat as a pancake and tonnes of soakage. I got them in Woodies as far as I can remember. They also do well in the washing machine.

Advertisement