Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting and water charges

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Eldarion wrote: »
    Where as I agree with all the changes and charges you outlined here, I really am saddened by your rationale behind accepting them. It's less stressful to just roll over and accept more taxes?

I agree with LPT, I agree with water charges and I agree with the smoking ban each on their own merits, but if the government tried to introduce something ridiculous I'd like to think we as a nation wouldn't just sustain the charge because it would be less stressful to just accept it.

Well, sad as it may be, that's the way it has always turned out despite any and all protests that preceded said changes ......... would we, as a nation, protest and win against a proposed ridiculous charge by the government?
    Maybe ........ maybe not. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Still confusion reigns, hopefully now they sort it for once and for all so we all know where we stand.

http://www.newstalk.com/Irish-Water-says-tenant-responsible-for-water-charges-not-landlord

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm renting in a block of apartments, does the pack get sent to my address or to the owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm renting in a block of apartments, does the pack get sent to my address or to the owner?

Both

Landlord gets one pack and you as a tenant gets another

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I think it's absolutely right that they take pps numbers and I will no longer rent my flat to anyone who won't provide me with their pps numbers. Otherwise tenants are just going to continually walk away from their obligations.

You need their PPS number to register the tenancy with the PRTB

• Advertisement
Advertisement