If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value 40 inch TV

Options
  • 07-10-2014 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I am looking for a good value tv with good reviews, around the 40 inch mark.

I need motion to be excellent, don't want to have any bad blur etc.

It will be used primarily for playing blu-ray discs. No live tv or smart features will be used.

3D is a plus, but not a necessity.

I need a price including delivery to me here in Cork, cheaper (or price-match) than Amazon if possible. Around the £300 mark please, if at all possible.

Thanks
    Sam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

???

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Hi guys

I am looking for a good value tv with good reviews, around the 40 inch mark.

I need motion to be excellent, don't want to have any bad blur etc.

It will be used primarily for playing blu-ray discs. No live tv or smart features will be used.

3D is a plus, but not a necessity.

I need a price including delivery to me here in Cork, cheaper (or price-match) than Amazon if possible. Around the £300 mark please, if at all possible.

Thanks
    Sam
    sam - apologies for the delay getting back to you - I don't have much available at that price level at the moment that we can deliver - on the Amazon issue, we include a 5 year warranty with almost all our TV's which Amazon don't offer therefore we generally ask Customers to take that into account when doing a price comparison..

Thanks and apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

No bother John,

how about that 58 inch Samsung you guys have for 599?

How does it perform?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Sam Mac wrote: »
    No bother John,

how about that 58 inch Samsung you guys have for 599?

How does it perform?
    Hi Sam Mac.

The 58" is a good television, it does not come with any features such as Smart Functions.
    It does perform well though as it is 100Hz and Full 1080p.
    It has 2 HDMI connections and 1 scart as well as a headphone socket and USB port.

Also the 58" can not be shipped and would need collected from the Belfast store.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.