Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva dublin

Options
  • 07-10-2014 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Need some help, going to the aviva on Saturday coming from Cork by car, does anyone know the best place to park and get the bus as I belive there is no parking around the area. Details would be much appreciated as not familer with the area.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to Dublin City forum, their charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You could leave the car at the Red Cow Luas Park and Ride and get the Luas to Busaras/Connolly and then the DART to Lansdowne Road. Might be easier getting off at Abbey Street and walking to Tara Station but the former would be easier if you're not familiar with Dublin.

After the match you might be as well walking back into town as there can be significant queues to get on the DART at Lansdowne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Great website: https://www.parkme.ie/

I think a lot are per month but i just saw one for 6 euro a day in an apartment complex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You could leave the car at the Red Cow Luas Park and Ride and get the Luas to Busaras/Connolly and then the DART to Lansdowne Road. Might be easier getting off at Abbey Street and walking to Tara Station but the former would be easier if you're not familiar with Dublin.

After the match you might be as well walking back into town as there can be significant queues to get on the DART at Lansdowne.

I second this. There are road works at Newlands Cross, so give yourself some extra time. Even though you won't be driving thru NC itself, a lot of the cars ahead of you will be, so traffic in front of you, can get backed up.

There will be extra DART trains on after the game, so the wait won't be mega long. The stewards & Guards marshal the crowds very well, so things move along quite promptly. Another option is to walk to the top of Landsdowne Rd and jump on a bus into town. Any of the buses passing by, will take you into the city centre. You can get the Luas back out to the Red Cow park and ride from the Abbey St stop, which is right beside O'Connell St. I'd stick with the Dart though. You'd probably be on a train before a bus comes. When you get off at Connolly station, if there is not a LUAS tram already waiting at the Connolly stop, walk across the road to Busaras & wait for one there, as trams run more frequently from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Need some help, going to the aviva on Saturday coming from Cork by car, does anyone know the best place to park and get the bus as I belive there is no parking around the area. Details would be much appreciated as not familer with the area.

Park around mount street and walk out, it's only 15/20 minutes. Usually plenty of parking. Not sure if it's pay meters on Saturdays or not but during the week it's 2.90 per hour around there

• Advertisement
Advertisement