Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Issue

• 07-10-2014 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

My folks have a HKC Alarm - not sure of the model but looks pretty standard.

Recently, its been going off at random times, with the error "Line Fault" - this is when the alarm itself isnt armed! Not ideal when it goes off in the middle of the night....

The phone line has been deactivated a while back, so Im wondering what I should do to fix this?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You need to disable the line fault alert in the engineers menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

You need to disable the line fault alert in the engineers menu.

That will only apply if they have been provided with the engineer code, which they are entitled to have received when the system was installed. If they don't then it will be a call out by the installer and that may not be cheap.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

cunnijo wrote: »
    That will only apply if they have been provided with the engineer code, which they are entitled to have received when the system was installed. If they don't then it will be a call out by the installer and that may not be cheap.

Regards

I dunno would they still have that info. Would there be a generic engineer code?

Regards

If I install an alarm and the end user wants the engineer code I have no problem giving them their own code but they sign a disclaimer that we (the installer) are no longer responsible for the alarm.

If it's an existing alarm and the user wants the code, I will call out for free and give them a new code and a time that suits me (when I'm passing by). If they want me to call out straight away I'll charge them a call out fee.

I would think we need a new engineer code so if thats the case - theres no other option to get around this issue?

• Advertisement

Slipshaney wrote: »
    I would think we need a new engineer code so if thats the case - theres no other option to get around this issue?

Have they moved to UPC or just got rid of the telephone line completely?

Have they moved to UPC or just got rid of the telephone line completely?

Gone completely I'm afraid

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Gone completely I'm afraid

You need to get engineer access. Best option would be to get an installer out who can reset the panel and reprogram.

Thanks very much for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi Slipshaney.

Just a word of advice. If you have to get an alarm installer/company out to reset everything (as it seems you may well have to) ensure they are registered with the PSA *Private Security Authority), their website is: http://www.psa.gov.ie. Using a non registered person may affect the home insurance policy in the event of a claim. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Advertisement

Hi Slipshaney.

Just a word of advice. If you have to get an alarm installer/company out to reset everything (as it seems you may well have to) ensure they are registered with the PSA *Private Security Authority), their website is: http://www.psa.gov.ie. Using a non registered person may affect the home insurance policy in the event of a claim. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks a million for this

• Registered Users Posts: 5 goccbr

Hi
    I am having an issue with my HKC 812 alarm system. For some reason, it does not SMS me when an alarm is triggered. SMS works fine when the alarm is set, reset, engineer logs in, etc. Just dont seem to see where setting for sending an Alarm triggered SMS is.

Anyone got any suggestions where I might look in the menu?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

goccbr wrote: »
    Hi
    I am having an issue with my HKC 812 alarm system. For some reason, it does not SMS me when an alarm is triggered. SMS works fine when the alarm is set, reset, engineer logs in, etc. Just dont seem to see where setting for sending an Alarm triggered SMS is.

Anyone got any suggestions where I might look in the menu?

Thanks

In the sms options menu you need to have alarms set to Y.

Hi Altor.

Thanks for your reply. I had seen that setting and it was already set to Yes for each of the users I have configured. I even tried setting to No and then back to Yes. After doing this I did receive a test SMS, but still not the alarmed SMS.

Is there anything else I might be missing or will I have to default everything and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help

Hi Altor.

Thanks for your reply. I had seen that setting and it was already set to Yes for each of the users I have configured. I even tried setting to No and then back to Yes. After doing this I did receive a test SMS, but still not the alarmed SMS.

Is there anything else I might be missing or will I have to default everything and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help

That is strange one considering everything else is working, is it a GSM you are using?

Yes, its a HKC GSM dialler....

I went into the Dialler menu -> Text Phn Options -> P01, then checked the settings for each trigger. I presume this is the right area as I don't have the GSM installer manual, but looks to be the correct one as I think I looked at the other menu options.

Yes, its a HKC GSM dialler....

I went into the Dialler menu -> Text Phn Options -> P01, then checked the settings for each trigger. I presume this is the right area as I don't have the GSM installer manual, but looks to be the correct one as I think I looked at the other menu options.

I would do the default of the GSM so, its cant do any harm.

Advertisement