Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car loan while on probation period in job

Options
  • 07-10-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi I'm staring a new job in the public sector soon. The contract has a one year probation period. What are my chances of getting a car loan approved while on probation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Probation periods are quite nornal . For the purposes of the loan form you are currently in full time permanent employment. You could be in any job today and be made redundant by next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

It depends on the size of the car loan but I didn't have to supply any work information to the bank when I got mine. It was only a year long loan & relatively small amount. Suppose it helps that my current account was with the same bank so they could see my pay going in each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

I wouldn't be looking to get a huge loan, maybe 8-10 grand. I also might give a couple of grand deposit if that's possible.
    It depends on the size of the car loan but I didn't have to supply any work information to the bank when I got mine. It was only a year long loan & relatively small amount. Suppose it helps that my current account was with the same bank so they could see my pay going in each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I wouldn't be looking to get a huge loan, maybe 8-10 grand. I also might give a couple of grand deposit if that's possible.

Ah they might look for more info then. I was only getting a 2k loan as had the rest myself (also in a savings account in that bank) so possibly a case of much less paperwork.

Apply online if that's a possibility & it'll tell you exactly what the terms are & the docs you'll need (well that was my experience).

• Advertisement
Advertisement