Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 4s won't switch on

• 07-10-2014 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Lads the miss's iphone switched itself off about 2 hours ago and won't come back on. She maintains its fully charged and she didn't drop it. Now she cant get it too turn on. Has any one any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jgarry28

Try opening it through itunes. Plug in the phone via USB and see if it will then restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Press and hold the power button while pressing and holding the Home button on the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

biko wrote: »
    Press and hold the power button while pressing and holding the Home button on the front.
    .....while continuing to hold both until the white apple logo appears. Then release both buttons and you should be good to go. Also known as a soft reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

dodzy wrote: »
    .....while continuing to hold both until the white apple logo appears. Then release both buttons and you should be good to go. Also known as a soft reset.

I told her that one straight away lads she reckons she done it (we're both in work in different locations) I thought of pluging it into the laptop after too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Funny how you mention you thought of these AFTER we suggested them... eh.. eh..? :D

Tbh, that's pretty much it until it can be connected to a computer. I'm sure someone at her work has a phone cable she can use to connect it to her computer there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 mull13

Hi guy can does any one my son had an iPhone but he was charging it and he noticed it was charging so he looked at the charger and it was all black and the bottom of the phone was black and now it won't charge contact Apple and the said it out of warranty and it would cost him 200 euro to be fixed does any body know if he would have come back this egregious do is out of warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It depends on how old the iPhone is, but if it's far out of warranty they won't replace it. Are the black marks on it scorch marks? Has he been using a non-Apple charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mull13

No its an iPhone charger and is about 2yrs out of warranty but is there anything in consumer rights would cover this, it's a fault with the phone after all could have burnt my house down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think you're probably out of luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads the miss's iphone switched itself off about 2 hours ago and won't come back on. She maintains its fully charged and she didn't drop it. Now she cant get it too turn on. Has any one any ideas?
    If it doesn't respond to being connected to a computer or to any combination of button presses, then could be the same thing as my wifes. The part of the board that charges the battery is goosed. If you open it up and connect the charger, that part will get really hot. Don't think there's any fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

mull13 wrote: »
    No its an iPhone charger and is about 2yrs out of warranty but is there anything in consumer rights would cover this, it's a fault with the phone after all could have burnt my house down
    Doubt you will get anywhere with a 3 year old phone but you have to go back to the retailer for any hope of redress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭squonk

Think of it as a great excuse to upgrade to an iPhone 6/6+ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

I'd have a go under EU consumer rights law. Apple hate it! but if its a failure of their parts, you might get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mull13 wrote: »
    Hi guy can does any one my son had an iPhone but he was charging it and he noticed it was charging so he looked at the charger and it was all black and the bottom of the phone was black and now it won't charge contact Apple and the said it out of warranty and it would cost him 200 euro to be fixed does any body know if he would have come back this egregious do is out of warranty

Heh? :confused:

Use these and report back: ..,,.,,...,,.,,.,??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭nhg

Hi Guys, my 4s is just a disaster since the IOS8 update, the screen is continually freezing & I cannot scroll up or down & the battery is not holding up for very long.
    With both the phone & iPad, the majority of the time if I open Facebook it appears to start to open it & then just hops back to the app menu screen (maybe not a bad thing).
    Really don't want to change my phone (it's the 64g one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

zeromedic wrote: »
    I'd have a go under EU consumer rights law. Apple hate it! but if its a failure of their parts, you might get lucky.

Absolutely nothing to do with Apple unless it was bought direct from them.

Advertisement