Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Ryanair planes wings clip each other.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

[QUOTE=darkdubh;92509173]Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Whys that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

darkdubh wrote: »
    Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.Its a wonder they diden't just carry on as normal,to save money you know.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1007/650519-ryanair-dublin-airport/

Wow, an accident happened,whoop di f*cking do.

It would be much worse if the plane crashed and all the passengers were killed. No one was injured, thank god. Human error, you must never have been a victim of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.Its a wonder they diden't just carry on as normal,to save money you know.

Oh are you one of those people who thinks that Ryanair are not as safe as other airlines because they are inexpensive?
    No one was injured, thank god.
    Engineers, ground crew safety chiefs, technicians, trainers, policy makers, mid level managers, risk and budgeting officers, pilots & copilots, air crew, the list goes on. There's a lot of people who actually do deserve thanks for making air travel so safe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

No doubt Mr O Leery will tell all his critics to **** off and shouldent we all be gratefull for the fantastic service hes providing and screw safety thats for pussys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So two planes got a little too close to each other and clipped each other. So fcuking what!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No doubt Mr O Leery will tell all his critics to **** off and shouldent we all be gratefull for the fantastic service hes providing and screw safety thats for pussys.

I'm not O'Leary's biggest fan, but taxiway fender-benders happen all the time all over the world, for all kinds of reasons. It's not a Federal case. :pac:

What are you raving about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I can;t wait to see how O'Leary spins this one. It will be gold. If there's one thing he can do it's spin good publicity.

So two planes got a little too close to each other and clipped each other. So fcuking what!!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

When did he ever say anything even remotely like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have they not the safest record in the history of aviation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

In before citation of "begrudgery"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Don't let that get in the way of a bit of O'Leary bashing. Maybe if they spent more.time being productive and less time moaning they could afford not to fly with Ryanair.

Valetta wrote: »
    When did he ever say anything even remotely like that?

In his biography " Profits first safety is an afterthought".

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Jaysus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

:rolleyes:

You seem to have a plane-sized chip on your shoulder regarding Ryanair OP, why's that? Didn't read the rules?

Anyway, where's all the crashes? You'd think there'd be some if they're so bad at safety, especially considering the amount of flights they run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

To be honest with the number of planes and the volume of flights it's got to very high. Don't they have more planes the BA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its funny watching people try to use anything they can as an excuse to bash O Leary/Ryanair :)

I wonder would this thread have been started if it had been 2 Aer Lingus planes? Or BA or any other airline?

kryogen wrote: »
    Its funny watching people try to use anything they can as an excuse to bash O Leary/Ryanair :)

Hi Michael:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

I doubt O'Leary is that stupid. An airline that does not care about safety would not last long or be as successful as Ryanair.

I also fail to see how you think this would only specifically happen to Ryanair. It was human error and luckily happened when taxiing, and not anything more serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

A lot of us are Michael going by this thread. I must be Michael too. ;)

A lot of us are Michael going by this thread. I must be Michael too. ;)

I'm Michael :)

Chucken wrote: »
    I'm Michael :)

I'm Michael, and so is my wife!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I am Spartacus...... I mean Michael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

What do you have against Ryanairs safety record?

I'm no fan of Michael O'Leary or Ryanair and God knows, there's lots of things you can give out about with the airline but safety isn't one of them.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Wouldn't be surprised if O Leary sues the op,he is is kind of touchy about online criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I love Ryanair. They deliver me safely and on time to my destination and they're cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

No, I'm Michael :) (I wish)

• Advertisement

Hi Michael.

Gosub wrote: »
    No, I'm Michael :) (I wish)

You're too late to the party get your coat.:pac:

In a statement Ryanair said: "Two of our aircraft were taxiing slowly to the runway at Dublin Airport this morning. The winglet of one aircraft appears to have scraped the tail of the other.
    There was no impact on customers on board. Ryanair has contacted the IAA and is working with them to return both aircraft to stand and allow normal operations at Dublin Airport to resume.

"Ryanair apologises sincerely to customers for any inconvenience."

Scraped the tail?Judging by the pictures it did a lot more than scrape it.

wazky wrote: »
    I'm Michael.

I knew it!!!!!

In a statement Ryanair said: "Two of our aircraft were taxiing slowly to the runway at Dublin Airport this morning. The winglet of one aircraft appears to have scraped the tail of the other.
    There was no impact on customers on board. Ryanair has contacted the IAA and is working with them to return both aircraft to stand and allow normal operations at Dublin Airport to resume.

Why aren't you pissed off about ATC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Chucken wrote: »
    I wonder would this thread have been started if it had been 2 Aer Lingus planes? Or BA or any other airline?

Ryanair probably shoved them out of their way and caused it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I heard 8 thousand people died.

• Advertisement

Michael you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

This ia like that time everyone was freaking out because RA pilots are instruceted to only put in the minimum amount of fuel required by aviation authorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

And instead of a mouth it had four arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Sheeps wrote: »
    I love Ryanair. They deliver me safely and on time to my destination and they're cheap.

Agreed, I'm non fussed about their staff though, the less contact I have with them the better, other than that it's a good service...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If both were taxiing then surely it's the tower at fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I heard 8 thousand people died.

I've heard reports that there are hundreds of dead bodies beside the scene here:

dan1895 wrote: »
    I am Spartacus...... I mean Michael.

I am a warrior of Harima province, Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Geshin, age sixty years. Err, I mean of course, Michael.

Hey! That kind of sense is not welcome in this thread!!

No. The pilots were obviously playing around. Having a race probably.
    I heard they do that.

Is Michael still here? Where are you Michael?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I read an equally stupid piece in the paper the other day.
    It related to a Ryanair plane having to do a go around due to another plane failing to clear the runway.
    The heading was RYANAIR PLANE IN LANDING SCARE and then it went on about ryanair are cooperating with inquiries.
    Idiots trying to invent safety issues for ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Ryanair bashing aside, I do find this statement a bit disconcerting - "The winglet of one aircraft appears to have scraped the tail of the other." - considering photographs tweeted by passengers show part of the wing of one plane torn off and embedded in the tail of the other!

https://twitter.com/EmzCarr/status/519372802030583808/photo/1

jimgoose wrote: »
    I am a warrior of Harima province, Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Geshin, age sixty years. Err, I mean of course, Michael.

My,are you late to the party.

My,are you late to the party.

Do excuse me, I'm a bit thick. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

So much wrong in this post, I don't even know where to begin. :rolleyes:

Seriously I cant understand Ryanair haters. A fantastic Irish company to be proud of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement