Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing dog bedding (vet bed)

• 07-10-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

How often do people wash their dog's bedding? What's the best way to wash it? Brush it off and stick in washing machine, or do you a bag like this?We have vet bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I usually wash all the various dog/cat blankets (Inc vet bed) about once a week. I just put it in the washing machine on a 60° wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I just stick it in the washing machine when I think it needs it, I don't use a bag, just straight in. Vet bedding can be washed at 90 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Do you find hairs clog up the machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I wash them about once every week or every second week. I don't find alot of hairs in the machine as I'm in the habit of hoovering the dogs beds every other day when I have the vacuum out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Well, all of my clothes and my own bedding is full of dog hairs anyway, so I don't notice any difference :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

muddypaws wrote: »
    Well, all of my clothes and my own bedding is full of dog hairs anyway, so I don't notice any difference :p
    Fair point :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I don't have a link because I'm using my phone. You can buy a large wash bag to put your dog beds in & all the dog hair remains inside. Ebay do them. Horse shops also sell them.

My Borders shed very little but I still prefer using the bag.

I've never had any issues with the machine getting clogged with hairs. As said already all the other stuff going in the wash is covered in dog hairs anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

our westies doesn't seem to shed much.
    she has a big fluffy blanket on top of her bed, so the blanket is washed every week in maching. bed every few weeks depending on weather.

Just a thought, when using the wash bags does the bedding not come out of the machine still covered in the hairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

teggers5 wrote: »
    Just a thought, when using the wash bags does the bedding not come out of the machine still covered in the hairs?

No the bag does have hairs etc & I turn it inside out & empty it in the bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

washed school uniforms just after washing dog bedding. School uniforms came out covered in (clean) white dog hairs. ugh. must get one of those baggies.

Advertisement