Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

If you won Euromillions...

• 07-10-2014 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

what would you spend the money on? This week the jackpot is like 110 million, what would you do with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

gramar wrote: »
    Go away.

Where would you go?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'd give it all to the government to help pay the bank debt.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

123 LC wrote: »
    what would you spend the money on? This week the jackpot is like 110 million, what would you do with this?

I would buy boards.ie and perma ban people who make stupid euromillions threads :mad:

Go away.
    Where would you go?

I was talking to the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

If it was over €100,000,000 I'd put concord back in the air.

And have coke and hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

drugs guns bitches n sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would probably be dead within 12 months sadly, that is a little too much money for me to handle I have an addictive personality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Buy land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Would it be possible to pretend to have a syndicate with different people getting a different share, eg. you could split a 100m jackpot to keep 20 give 50 to family and in laws and spread the rest among your friends?
    I mean surely 20 is loads and life would be more fun if you're good friends and family didn't have money worries either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

123 LC wrote: »

Is it actually €110 million, or something worth 110 million, say blackjack wrappers or mackerel heads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Buy myself a suit, a suit of drugs... Oh and weaponize Ebola before someone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

It's good to have land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Buy one ton of any metal I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can't believe its over 100m again already. Feels like someone is winning vast sums every month, what happened to the 10-15m pay out? I'd be happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A house in Dublin. Any a tank of petrol with what was left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Wouldn't tell anyone, seriously.

I would probably look at ATM machine, looking at the balance and never move.

And a Garth Brooks concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ankhyu wrote: »
    It's good to have land

God sure as **** ain't making any more of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It was up jumped to €100 million last Friday so this is the next draw as Fridays wasn't won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Couple of quid to the siblings. Set the parents up for life. Buy a nice house in Ireland. Holiday home in south of France or Italy. Donate some. Sleep on a bed made out of the rest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was talking to the OP.

We know that, yours and OPs were the only posts, but where would you travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'd fund a new political party that actually gave two s**** about this country and it's people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Id buy a League of ireland soccer club an be irelands Roman Abramovich

It would only cost a pittance really

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

conorhal wrote: »
    I'd fund a new political party that actually gave two s**** about this country and it's people.

you could start by giving your 100 million to Irish Water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I think they were telling the OP to go away.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

I was talking to the OP.

Were you? How is he?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pay off my mate's debts, mortgages and the like. Buy houses/apts for the ones who don't have one. Have a separate "war chest" for any emergencies like medical stuff for them. Maybe move to the Isle of Man(much better tax situation but close to "home"). Buy a cool place, something very old and restore it, or outright build a gaff uber moderne stylee in northern Spain/southern France. Amass a large collection of art, antiques, antiquities and interesting stuff. Travel widely in pursuit of same. Auction houses would bloody love me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would buy the OP's MA :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'd buy a huge farm in South Tipperary and a nice pad in the 'Burbs, and spend the rest of my life as an incredibly wealthy gentleman of leisure pricking around with classic cars and piss-poor gardening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mortgages of close friends and family, €5m.

Educational trusts for all the nieces, nephews, godchildren, €1m.

Gaffs: 2 x Dublin, west Cork, London, Italian lakes, Hawaii. €15m

A modest classic car collection, €7m

Buy and run a mid-level motor racing team for a few years €10m

Investment in horses and livery for herself, €5m

Charity, special interest projects and philanthropy €20m

A comprehensive diversified investment portfolio €30m.

That leaves less than €10m to live day to day, interest alone even now 300k a year.

Far away from you shower of annoying fcukers.
    Were you? How is he?

Deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Wibbs wrote: »
    Pay off my mate's debts, mortgages and the like. Buy houses/apts for the ones who don't have one. Have a separate "war chest" for any emergencies like medical stuff for them...

I like that idea as well. The only thing I would stipulate is that before any monies are awarded whatsoever, the suapplicant must first approach the throne with news of the recently-vanquished Nybble-Pibblies. :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

h3000 wrote: »
    I think they were telling the OP to go away.

Question remains where he thinks one should broaden their horizons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I don't know that I'd envy someone winning that amount of money, it could solve some problems but make many more but if I did win €100,000,000 I'd go away for a while until things calmed down. I know it would be impossible to keep under wraps but I'd get a solicitor or financial advisor to put out a statement that the jackpot was won by a large syndicate of say 80 or 90 people in order to dissipate things. I'd hate the idea of having to move and live in a house with lots of security. I'd take my time before donating to charitable causes and find the most deserving causes.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'd be keeping it quiet for a start. Would sort out my family's immediate needs, then start looking for a site to build a kick ass house. Like fort f*cking knox. This thing would be designed to survive a zombie apocalypse / fall of civilization. :D

Cleaning lady (consuella if possible), butler(Jeffrey) , nanny (hmm... hot, or matronly. That's a toughie) , groundskeeper (Willy), chef, private tutor, the whole lot.

If anyone asks where I got all the money, I'll tell them I'm a professional gigolo. Totally believable. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

I'd bank €100 million straight away. Use the 10 million to brain-train myself into living with so much money before I could access more. That's after seeing my family debt free and set up for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Probably just continue the life and life plans i have, but with a better house and car, and more holidays. I enjoy what i do, so wouldn't want to stop, but part-time would be nice.

Make sure my family were ok financially too, like paying off my brother's mortgage and so on.

I would also spend a bucketload of money on my favourite football team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Buy myself a new jumper and a couple of sweets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I'd laugh(*) if it was won in Ireland again.

* When I say 'laugh' I mean cry tears of bitter, jealous rage.