Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business banking on line update timescale

Options
  • 07-10-2014 11:07am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any indication on an update timescale for business banking yet? I've just had to spend way longer than it should have taken sorting out a problem for a client company, and there are so many fundamental issues with this application, I'm not sure it's even worth highlighting some of them at this stage

The most urgent are

Allow a paste of an IBAN into the beneficiary create screen. How many aeons ago did Microsoft introduce the concept of cut and paste into Windows, yet this application still can't use it, and there's no calculator in the application, so entering the sort code and account number won't generate the IBAN. That is a total aggravation now that even domestic payments have to have IBAN and SWIFT, and it highlights the piecemeal manner in which this whole SEPA process has been cobbled together. It is a very long way from being a seamless and integrated system, and the longer the present system creaks on, the more the cracks and shortcomings are showing.

Administration. When checking the admin log, the default is to only display today's entries. The user I was helping was trying to resolve a problem with one of his accounts, and the problem that was causing issues was that there was an unaccepted admin action from nearly a week ago that was blocking the actions he needed to take now, but it wasn't on the screen, and could only be found by going into the log with a start AND finish date in order to find the unresolved item. He spent a LONG time trying to resolve this, but none of the help systems suggested checking the logs in this way, he rang me in desperation at not being able to solve the problem.

There are so many other issues that need to be addressed, like the fixed 800 x 600 screen size issue, and related matters, basically,  the application is so far past it's sell by date, it's no longer funny. 

When are BOI going to release a fit for purpose business banking update?

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Irish Steve, 

Many thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Work is well underway on the new and improved Business Online which will be available soon. We have not been provided with an exact date for the launch however we will update Boards.ie and our social media channels as soon as we have details. 

As always, we will continue to pass your comments to the BOL Team.

Thanks

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Any chance of a ROUGH date? Or roughly what is going to be improved... Will it operate natively on Mac OS X? We are a mac based company, due to the industry we're in, and only have one old PC - exclusively for BOL use. It's running xp, so we are about to replace it on security grounds. Naturally I'd appreciate it if you could let me know whether I need to spend money on this or not. The general lack of communication from BOI on this matter hasn't been a great advertisement for the bank.

As an aside, did you ever consider replacing BOL with an iOS / android app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

minikin wrote: »
    Any chance of a ROUGH date? Or roughly what is going to be improved... Will it operate natively on Mac OS X? We are a mac based company, due to the industry we're in, and only have one old PC - exclusively for BOL use. It's running xp, so we are about to replace it on security grounds. Naturally I'd appreciate it if you could let me know whether I need to spend money on this or not. The general lack of communication from BOI on this matter hasn't been a great advertisement for the bank.

As an aside, did you ever consider replacing BOL with an iOS / android app?
    Hi minikin, 

Thanks for your post. 

We don't have a rough date for the release as of yet although we are expecting to have a list of detailed FAQ's which should help with your queries, in the coming weeks. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Thanks for the response Billy, not having a go at you personally, but have to say the banks approach and communication to it's business customers has been far from business-like on this particular matter. Ironic thing is that macs were used in the marketing images for BOL :)
    Hi minikin, 

Thanks for your post. 

We don't have a rough date for the release as of yet although we are expecting to have a list of detailed FAQ's which should help with your queries, in the coming weeks. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Online banking from BoI is a complete joke.
    Cant use it as i type...i have to drive to nearest branch to do an EFT !

326784.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Online banking from BoI is a complete joke.
    Cant use it as i type...i have to drive to nearest branch to do an EFT !

326784.jpg
    Hi Ctrl Alt Del,

Sorry to hear you were experiencing these difficulties using Business Online. 

Our Business Online Helpdesk page here can help with some difficulties. There are tips for compatibility settings and other technical help topics. 
    If the tips on this link do not help you, please call our Business Online Helpdesk on 1890 818 265 and a representative can go through some troubleshooting with you. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paddymackey

I was onto the helpdesk on Friday and asked about the upgrade. They said it was due to be rolled out around december/january time so looks like we might finally get online banking that doesn't require the use of a 6 year old unsecure browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I hope the update will have the ability to allow live feeds to the various accounting packages !

Advertisement