Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz in Dungarvan

Options
  • 07-10-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

May be old news but just saw this morning that they are opening a store in Dungarvan - anyone know where?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Tangled wrote: »
    May be old news but just saw this morning that they are opening a store in Dungarvan - anyone know where?

Looking for the managers job?

http://www.adverts.ie/jobs/dealz-ireland/store-manager-dungarvan/6567635

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

my3cents wrote: »

Yes, that's where I saw that they're opening. Not looking for the job, no. Just wondered where they'll be going into.

Can't think of anywhere that would be suitable outside the shopping center so it has to be one or more of the empty units. I can't imagine them going around the "dead" side opposite Aldi or that other dead area where Apache Pizza was so that only leaves those units inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

probably old super valu on oconnell street

probably old super valu on oconnell street

That would be the only site outside the shopping center but again its another dead area of the town unless people beat a track to Dealz door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

i am a rep that supplies products to dealz and believe me this crowd do there homework before opening there stores, they will only locate where they are guaranteed footfall, so more than likely they will locate in or around the shopping centre

i am a rep that supplies products to dealz and believe me this crowd do there homework before opening there stores, they will only locate where they are guaranteed footfall, so more than likely they will locate in or around the shopping centre

I wouldn't have thought anything in the shopping centre would be large enough though, that's why I was wondering. Have never been to one, but the one in Waterford looks enormous. Hadn't thought of old Super Valu, that could work on size, although maybe not on footfall.

i look after two of there stores gorey and wexford town is there latest one. the gorey store would be a lot bigger than the wexford store, they get great foot fall in both those stores and the shops in waterford city and clonmel all have excellent footfall in those locations also

i look after two of there stores gorey and wexford town is there latest one. the gorey store would be a lot bigger than the wexford store, they get great foot fall in both those stores and the shops in waterford city and clonmel all have excellent footfall in those locations also

So what are those locations like are they center of town or out of town with good parking etc...

Dungarvan has a location that was a medium sized supermarket, it has a small parking area of its own (small by most standards) but is otherwise slightly out on its own say 200 yards from the nearest more trafficked area.

So what are those locations like are they center of town or out of town with good parking etc...

Dungarvan has a location that was a medium sized supermarket, it has a small parking area of its own (small by most standards) but is otherwise slightly out on its own say 200 yards from the nearest more trafficked area.
    the one in lisduggan shopping centre in waterford has car park,one in centre of the city has multistory parking nearby, wexford has no parking near it,gorey is a parking nightmare you would be lucky to get parking space, clonmel has public car park to its rear. all stores would be very much central except lisduggan which is on outskirts of waterford city but has huge area around it like industrial estate,WIT, housing estates etc

• Advertisement

How about out of town sites? There is always the old M J Currans site out behind the fire station but its huge?

How about out of town sites? There is always the old M J Currans site out behind the fire station but its huge?
    i've heard of them taking over buildings in dublin that would have previously held an aldi or lidl before they expanded and started building there own stores around the country, so roughly any building as big as an aldi or lidl they would set up in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That would be the only site outside the shopping center but again its another dead area of the town unless people beat a track to Dealz door?

They would only have to go past Carphone Warehouse from the shopping centre and they are there. Not that "dead"

Someone asked me last night if I knew who had bought the old M J Currans furniture shop, not checked if it is sold myself but neither the old Supervalu pr M J Currans builders merchants are marked as sold making the M J Currans furniture shop another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mark.fennessy

Dealz have listed the address as O' Connell Street, Dungarvan so it is mostly likely the old Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sliabh gCua1

Dealz have listed the address as O' Connell Street, Dungarvan so it is mostly likely the old Supervalu.

The old VG was up on the internet as for sale. If they were going to move into a smaller shop, it could be into What was Michael Curran's where a bank opened a few years ago (now closed). That could be classed as The Square or O'Connell Street. Could also build from scratch if they wanted at the old Ormonde Hotel site.

dealz tend to just lease there shops so doubt there goin to pay big bucks for a shop when its just as profitable to lease

dealz tend to just lease there shops so doubt there goin to pay big bucks for a shop when its just as profitable to lease

The former Michael Currans/Bank/Chinese restaurant is To Let, the old Supervalu site is For Sale?

The former Michael Currans/Bank/Chinese restaurant is To Let, the old Supervalu site is For Sale?

my money would be on it locating michael currans

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thomas1976

no its not vg as they only rent but im about 95% that its the empty shop next door 2 nude food coffee shop in o connell street

• Advertisement

thomas1976 wrote: »
    no its not vg as they only rent but im about 95% that its the empty shop next door 2 nude food coffee shop in o connell street

I was actually thinking of that when I walked past there the other day, hadn't considered it before.

ya it was a bookies before and it goes bck a good bit and iv seen 4 men in suits in thr about 2 weeks ago plus the sign went from saying for let 2 letted

thomas1976 wrote: »
    ya it was a bookies before and it goes bck a good bit and iv seen 4 men in suits in thr about 2 weeks ago plus the sign went from saying for let 2 letted

Didn't think it would be big enough?

its not very wide but goes back a long way every other empty place in town is 2 small except vg but they will not buy a place

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

planning permission recently granted for an off-licence in the premises next to nude food

ya i was looking at that yesterday alright smiley i dnt think we need another off licence lol but im sure we will no soon as dealz are 2 open in 4 weeks just hope it will do something for the town

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sliabh gCua1

I know its not O'Connell Street, but there was work going on over Dunnes Stores last week, looking over the plaza car park.

A couple of the local shop keepers have said its going to be the old Supervalu and while I've no idea if thats right or not I noticed today that the For Sale sign on the old Supervalu now says SOLD?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It was sold in the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Yes, heard today that the Super Valu has been sold and will be leased to Dealz.

Advertisement