Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIIC / booking your flights

Options
  • 07-10-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I am looking on skyscanner for flight prices and I see companies such as edreams, budgetair ie, travelgenio. Has anybody used any of them? I don't necessarily need a return as it is for the 1 year visa.

There, in some instances, are significant savings towards the airline website quotes. If I book with one of these companies do I simply get, for example, an Aer Lingus ticket number that I can log into my booking on the Aer Lingus website, and then choose seats etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I wouldn't touch any of those 3rd party sites with a bargepole. If I were to book through a 3rd party I would only use ebookers or expedia.

Bear in mind that the 3rd party site fares are not *live*. Do their quotes include all taxes, seat selection, luggage charges?

Always better to book direct with the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

I have used Vayama and CheapOair.com before and both times it was about 300 bucks cheaper than going directly through the air line - neither flight was at a peak time so i imagine the airlines want to off load some excess seats with out advertising discounted seats on their own web site

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have used BudgetAir and Travelgenio. Both were fine. I was sent confirmation emails by the airline. One time I could log in and choose my seat, the other time I could not but I called Aer Lingus and it wasn't an issue.

I also found the prices on Skyscanner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭swatki

i have used sky scanner many times to the states , budget air travelgenio - the literally just connect you with the airline - check in is the same as normal. ive been on almost all arilines with these types of flights KLM,/aerlingus/american airlines /delta/united BA, SWISS, IBERIA/lufthansa /jet blue

so far the best has been lufthansa- DUB- Frankfurt- JFK they gave Camembert cheese! with the dins and Baileys on the rocks!! after dinner and British Airways they treat you like royalty the flight attendants remind you of old english butlers lol and the BA planes and nice and chill esp night flights where they just let you relax

pretty sure worse was with united an American operator the plane was straight out 1979

but also i dig skyscanner because when you start to experience other airlines you realise how much aer lingus sucks for trans Atlantic - sucks so much in comparison there are noo extras and they are usually so expensive

i have no problem flying longer (not too long) for those prices, I did get major hassle in detroit airport tho because they were suspicious of the amount of stops of my ticket - dub-amsterdam-detriot -new york ( return for 350 euro i may add) and they made me miss my flight with the interrogations but they put me on the next flight an hour later - i was never so appreciative of the free beer offered by jet blue flying over ellis island and into Queens.

Be wary of using sky scanner in America - ive had major issues with this recently - altho i did ry again successfully First time I could'nt book with my Irish bank card without this ridiculous amount of proofs photocopy of card( dodgy to send to a 3rd part company with a thrashy graphic logo) be especially wary of a company in the US called book airfare.com

Advertisement