Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick advice please

Options
  • 07-10-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

I am employed in my regular job. I want to set up my company.

While i keep working in my job, can i become company director at the same time?

Thanks for any answer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Yes of course you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 infoinfoinfo

Great thanks.

Would you also know, regarding salary for directors, how can i set the salary, when i dont know how much the company will profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Are there any clauses in you Contract of Employment about working for other companies without approval of employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Great thanks.

Would you also know, regarding salary for directors, how can i set the salary, when i dont know how much the company will profit?

You don't need to know the salary that you will take as a director at the outset.

Ah, so i can just monthly pay whatever i decide?

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Ah, so i can just monthly pay whatever i decide?

Many thanks

Well, with the caveat that you can't pay yourself more than you have in the company a/c, including PAYE due!!

Yep, understood. Thanks!

Advertisement