Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 bell volume

Options
  • 07-10-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I am about to buy a dog and will be keeping her in the room where the internal sounder is located which is beside the main box. Is it possible to turn down the volume on the internal bell or indeed turn it off completely. The external bell is loud enough to be heard from anywhere in the house but if the internal bell went off beside the dog it would deafen and scare the life out of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

No you probably can't turn down the volume so all you can do is disconnect it if you don't mind doing that. You could open the internal siren and disconnect it there or open the main control panel and take out the wire that goes to the internal siren. The alarm will activate while you do that but just put in your code.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Thanks for that, do you happen to know if I will be left with a Tamper error which might affect the operation of the rest of the system. Also, I can turn the power off quite easily but do you know if the internal battery could blow the board if I start messing with the wiring.

No need to turn of power at all. If you open the internal siren and simply take out the red wire which is giving it power and don't touch any of the other wires, then put back on the lid you will be fine.

Thanks again, I had a look at the siren cover and can not see a screw or anywhere it can be prised open. There is a small plastic circle about 10mm in diameter with an unusual little hole in it on the front which has the same grooves as the rest of the panel but I'm not sure what to do to remove it. I wonder if it requires a special tool to remove that small insert which might expose a screw or a release button.

thats the cover for the screw, just poke that little circle off and you will see the screw

• Advertisement

Great thanks, will try it when I go home and report back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    I am about to buy a dog and will be keeping her in the room where the internal sounder is located which is beside the main box. Is it possible to turn down the volume on the internal bell or indeed turn it off completely. The external bell is loud enough to be heard from anywhere in the house but if the internal bell went off beside the dog it would deafen and scare the life out of it.

What internal bell have you fitted?

Some internal bells have a small pot that can be used to turn down the volume on the internal bell. Another option without leaving yourself with no internal bell is to fit a buzzer or a small internal bell inside the control panel to lower the sound when it activates.

There are no markings on the siren cover. I managed to remove that white 'cap' yesterday to reveal a screw which when removed released the cover. In the middle of the capacitors and other tiny parts there was a tiny little slot you put a flat head jewellers screwdriver with an arrow on it and some tiny writing around it which turned out to be the volume control. I decided to turn it down which made a huge difference. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    There are no markings on the siren cover. I managed to remove that white 'cap' yesterday to reveal a screw which when removed released the cover. In the middle of the capacitors and other tiny parts there was a tiny little slot you put a flat head jewellers screwdriver with an arrow on it and some tiny writing around it which turned out to be the volume control. I decided to turn it down which made a huge difference. Thanks for the advice.

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted :)

Advertisement