Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Council call on the Government to dissolve Irish Water

Options
  • 07-10-2014 11:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

next Monday Clr Mike Cubbard will propose Galway City Councillors compliment what the Dublin councillors voted for the other night.

I've submitted the following motion for consideration at Monday's meeting of Galway City Council.
    "That Galway City Council call on the Government to dissolve Irish Water as it is nothing more than an overly funded quango designed for eventual private sale to the detriment of the Irish people. This is an extra tax and a burden on families across the country which cannot be acceptable. €180 million has already been wasted in setting up Irish Water, a service which local authorities provided adequately already. This service should be returned to the remit of the local authorities.

Any concerned pepps are asked to attend next Mondays council meeting for even a half hour to show the councillors we're serious. Otherwise by all means stay away and keep tellign yourself it's pointless standing up for yourself or it's too late blah blah blah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

next Monday Clr Mike Cubbard will propose Galway City Councillors compliment what the Dublin councillors voted for the other night.

I've submitted the following motion for consideration at Monday's meeting of Galway City Council.
    "That Galway City Council call on the Government to dissolve Irish Water as it is nothing more than an overly funded quango designed for eventual private sale to the detriment of the Irish people. This is an extra tax and a burden on families across the country which cannot be acceptable. €180 million has already been wasted in setting up Irish Water, a service which local authorities provided adequately already. This service should be returned to the remit of the local authorities.

Any concerned pepps are asked to attend next Mondays council meeting for even a half hour to show the councillors we're serious. Otherwise by all means stay away and keep tellign yourself it's pointless standing up for yourself or it's too late blah blah blah.

What a misleading thread title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

it's only misleading for a few days, with a little effort from the public and a show of solidarity from the councillors with the people that elected them it will become reality by next Mon eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Yeah should be independent Councillor tries to firm up votes with his base with motion he knows won't be supported, chance of being passed passed by the council 0%.
    Chance of the government dissolving Irish Water because Galway city council passes a motion -1000%

Still it will look good on his election leaflet next time around.

dloob wrote: »
    Yeah should be independent Councillor tries to firm up votes with his base with motion he knows won't be supported, chance of being passed passed by the council 0%.
    Chance of the government dissolving Irish Water because Galway city council passes a motion -1000%

Still it will look good on his election leaflet next time around.

ara would ya give up your auld guff, Dublin city council voted for a new approach regarding Irish water, now a Galway councillor has done so you feel the need to mock the idea, would you be happier if a party affiliated councillor brought the proposal to the council?

nobody realistically expects the corrupt Irish government to dissolve irish water simply because of galway city council passing a motion and to suggest that makes you look really silly, it will however fit in nicely with all the efforts of the public and other councils to fight back against this tax on a tax on a tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

ara would ya give up your auld guff, Dublin city council voted for a new approach regarding Irish water, now a Galway councillor has done so you feel the need to mock the idea, would you be happier if a party affiliated councillor brought the proposal to the council?

nobody realistically expects the corrupt Irish government to dissolve irish water simply because of galway city council passing a motion and to suggest that makes you look really silly, it will however fit in nicely with all the efforts of the public and other councils to fight back against this tax on a tax on a tax.

I wouldn't pay much attention to Dublin City council, the lunatics are running the Asylum now.
    I see they just voted against Fluroide, they'll be banning chmetrails and vaccines next.
    The fun is going to be when they have to a pass a budget, I can't wait to see what services they will cut so can give a few cents a week to home owners.

I'll bang off a few a emails to Councillors in my area to ensure they are against this rubbish, I'm sure they don't want to become a laughing stock like DCC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Indeed, you can't dissolve water!

Perhaps it could be liquidated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

In any case it might have to be "biled" first.

I'm in favour of water charges but against privatisation. Where does that leave me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Irish Water call on the Government to dissolve Galway City Council

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

This the same DCC which voted against adding Fluoride?

wprathead wrote: »
    This the same DCC which voted against adding Fluoride?

sure is :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

snubbleste wrote: »
    dissolve Galway City Council

If only they washed their fat necks, I'd happily wring them...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rowr

Is Cubbard the Judas who disagreed with property tax when needing a few votes during the summer, and subsequently voted against any reduction in a few weeks back?

Doubt this is anything more than a stunt on his part as he, like the rest of the clowns in city hall only really care about themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

sure is :)

hardly role models in that sense is all I'm saying..

wprathead wrote: »
    hardly role models in that sense is all I'm saying..

what's that got to do with taking flouride out of the water supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,958 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

what's that got to do with taking flouride out of the water supply?

People who vote for measures that will demonstrably worsen public health are not role models.

People who vote for measures that will demonstrably worsen public health are not role models.

if adding flouride to the public water system was so beneficial to the publics health wouldn't more than 8 countries in the world be still doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

if adding flouride to the public water system was so beneficial to the publics health wouldn't more than 8 countries in the world be still doing it?

According to Amnesty International, In 2013, 22 countries around the world were known to have carried out executions and at least 57 to have imposed death sentences.

Sometimes more is not necessary better.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boards has a forum for fluoride discussion here. Please use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

biko wrote: »
    Boards has a forum for fluoride discussion here. Please use it.

And apart from 'Conspiracy Theories' :rolleyes: - even on boards.ie it's being discussed in numerous other fora including dental issues, European issues, After Hours, Politics, etc etc.

Advertisement