Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy in the UK as a mature student?

• 07-10-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

hoping someone will be able to offer some advice

I'm 27, and want to study physiotherapy. I would like to study in the UK for the experience of living somewhere different, but also because I believe that the UK universities may be more open than irish ones I'm visually impaired and know that physiotherapy is well established as a profession for the blind in the UK.
    My questions:
    Most importantly, can I apply to uk universities as a mature student, and what kind of qualities and/or experience would I need to demonstrate in order to have a good chance? (probably not any use but I am qualified in massage)
    Will I have to pay my tuition fees? I saw one BSC in physiotherapy in Manchester metropolitan university and it said tuition is paid by the NHS? is this the way in all UK uni's?
    UCAS
    How does one go about writing a personal statement for course of choice? What kind of stuff are they looking for besides motivation and an understanding of the course? What sets you apart from others when writing a personal statement?
    Does physiotherapy have the 15th october deadline that medicine has, or is it the normal january one?
    Any other info that i need and have neglected to ask for would also be very helpful, and thanks so much in advance.
    :)

Advertisement