Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Top 10 Christmas Songs 2014 **The Results Are In!!**

Options
1235»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

All good choices, nice one. Also a nice little reflection of the type of debates we have in the station about what to play and what people do and don't like.

Will schedule this in later on Saturday night / Sunday morning, say 1am, so we don't get complaints about format and to be fair to other volunteer DJs so i dont steal all the favourite songs from the shows before and after. Obviously this might not suit everyone so i'll record it and post it here for play back at your leisure.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Perfectly understand the time constraints! Gives us an excuse to stay up late and party the night away! ;)

Gonna Go live with this after the ad break (now).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

A bit of help please... can't get it to play for me. I am attempting to 'launch the desktop player' but can't hear anything and the big blue play button keeps re-appearing... it seems to have me in a loop... any suggestions?

I have checked ... the volume, that I have flash, that my browser is the most recent version, its firefox by the way, but no joy,... anything else I can check?

Thanks
    Eskimocat

eskimocat wrote: »
    A bit of help please... can't get it to play for me. I am attempting to 'launch the desktop player' but can't hear anything and the big blue play button keeps re-appearing... it seems to have me in a loop... any suggestions?

I have checked ... the volume, that I have flash, that my browser is the most recent version, its firefox by the way, but no joy,... anything else I can check?

Thanks
    Eskimocat

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Just checked and its streaming for me.

Have you tried the App Eskimocat?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thanks for doing this Ronan. Enjoying listening in. Makes me feel a bit connected to home, although I live abroad. :)

Do apps work on laptops?? (<<<daft Q but ?? :confused:)

No the apps are designed for mobile devices, just thought you might have one. Try this link:

http://www.dar.fm/submit_user_search.php?user_search=christmasfm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm listening right now from Vancouver! About to put the Christmas tree up and we have the Netflix fire on. It's my first Christmas away from home, so it's amazing to be able to listen to Christmas FM online and feel like we're back in Cork :).

Success!!! thank you thank you, just in time to hear my fav song.. Its the one I voted for...Driving Home For Christmas!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks for the shoutout, Ronan! My fiancé was mightily surprised to hear it :D

Will upload the show tomorrow for those that missed the count down. Time to head out to my Christmas Party. Later folks and as always thanks for tuning in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Will upload the show tomorrow for those that missed the count down. Time to head out to my Christmas Party. Later folks and as always thanks for tuning in.

Looking forward to hearing it! I never realised it was being aired last night!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Loughc wrote: »
    • Drummer Boy - Bing & Bowie 16
    Unforgivable trolling!

robindch wrote: »
    Unforgivable trolling!

How so?

Advertisement