Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting the housework done.

• 07-10-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I hate cleaning my house. I have never done any house cleaning in my life. I have often lost my rental deposit on a rented house because of this, but I don't actually like living in a dirty house and often used to move house when ithe place got too dirty.

While living in the UK, I was living in an apartment in the Red Light area of a town and I used to ask one of the prostitutes waiting on the street to clean my apartment. They were rather expensive, but they were happy to work in the nude which (sometimes) was worth the extra cost.

These days I get couchsurfers staying here to do the cleaning for me. (fully clothed, but for free).

Does anyone else have novel ways of getting their housework done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In ev'ry job that must be done
    There is an element of fun
    You find the fun and snap!
    The job's a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Nomis21 wrote: »

By getting off my arse and doing it myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just throw a match on it and start over again.

Become a drifter, moving from town to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Housework is great fun. So far today I've mopped all the floors, cleaned the stove, done two loads of washing and hoovered the stairs. Nothing beats looking at a tidy spotless house and saying 'I did that' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I hate cleaning my house. I have never done any house cleaning in my life. I have often lost my rental deposit on a rented house because of this, but I don't actually like living in a dirty house and often used to move house when ithe place got too dirty.

While living in the UK, I was living in an apartment in the Red Light area of a town and I used to ask one of the prostitutes waiting on the street to clean my apartment. They were rather expensive, but they were happy to work in the nude which (sometimes) was worth the extra cost.

These days I get couchsurfers staying here to do the cleaning for me. (fully clothed, but for free).

Remember those cops that followed you home? Next time make an anonymous call telling them theres a kilo of coke in your house. They will have that place like a new pin bagging your crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Get married.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Get married to a clean/ tidy person.

It's what the rest of us do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Nothing beats looking at a tidy spotless house and saying 'I did that' :)
    I can think of at least 489 things just off the top of my head.

kneemos wrote: »
    Get married.

Then you can split the cost of a cleaner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Great plan. Let a load of drug-addicted vulnerable women into your gaff so they can help themselves to whatever isn't nailed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I refuse to do housework during the week.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I can think of at least 489 things just off the top of my head.

Name one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm finding it hard to believe that someone so lazy that they won't clean up would put the effort into moving accommodation when things get too messy.

If you're that lazy, you'd just stay in your own filth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wait wait wait wait... You move house sometimes because the house gets too dirty? That's bull

Name one.

Sit on my h0le.

Name one.
    Making a cup of coffee and leaving the cup in the sink unwashed.

Making a cup of coffee and leaving the cup in the sink unwashed.

You and I would never get along if we lived together. :(

Cleaners will work for minimum wage presumably,so twenty five odd Euros for a few hours a week.Affordable surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I make sure to have a big pile of work that needs to be done. Nothing inspires you to clean the grouting with a toothbrush like the knowledge that there's something else you should be doing.

I blitzed my bathroom on Sunday; scrubbed the bath, cleaned behind the toilet, scoured the grouting, and then remembered that I'll be pulling it all out next Tuesday because we're renovating :mad:

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sit on my h0le.

And when you look up and see the cobwebs hanging from the lamp shade, and the mould growing on the walls, how does that make you feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Living in filth and then moving house when it gets too dirty is far more hassle than just hoovering and cleaning once a week.

Do you even wash the dishes when you finish, or do you go screw this and buy a whole new set of dishes and cutlery when you run out of clean ones?

What about when you have been on the beer? Your bathroom must have a new species living in it now.

You and I would never get along if we lived together. :(
    But if you like cleaning up then you need someone to make a mess.

But if you like cleaning up then you need someone to make a mess.

Don't forget to leave a trail of coffee from the jar to the cup. Extra points for leaving mug rings on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Eutow wrote: »
    Living in filth and then moving house when it gets too dirty is far more hassle than just hoovering and cleaning once a week.

Do you even wash the dishes when you finish, or do you go screw this and buy a whole new set of dishes and cutlery when you run out of clean ones?

What about when you have been on the beer? Your bathroom must have a new species living in it now.

Like I said, now I have couchsurfers staying most of the time and they are only too pleased to do some housework in return for a free place to stay.

This has enabled me to live in the same house now for four years. Previously I would need to move every year when the accommodation had become too dirty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

To make things easy go out and buy paper plates and plastic cutlery, never have to wash dishes again and you also save on water charges :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Seriously? Rather than hire, you know... a CLEANER for an hour a week?

Don't forget to leave a trail of coffee from the jar to the cup. Extra points for leaving mug rings on the counter.
    I like to pour the coffee and sugar onto the tabletop to mix them up then wipe that into a cup. This saves me having to clean a spoon. Might be a but left on the tabletop and floor, but at least I didn't have to unfuse that spoon from the other cup of coffee I had..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Like I said, now I have couchsurfers staying most of the time and they are only too pleased to do some housework in return for a free place to stay.

This has enabled me to live in the same house now for four years. Previously I would need to move every year when the accommodation had become too dirty.

Mother of god.

I actually have no other words.

• Advertisement

I like to pour the coffee and sugar onto the tabletop to mix them up then wipe that into a cup. This saves me having to clean a spoon. Might be a but left on the tabletop and floor, but at least I didn't have to unfuse that spoon from the other cup of coffee I had..

Aye, and it means a wet spoon doesn't go back into the sugar bowl. The dog can lick the bits up from the floor, saves you sweeping the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Moving forward I plan to outsource this to the cloud.

I pay someone to come and do the bulk of it for me. I love her and want to marry her. She makes everything so shiny.

I still have stuff to do, but she washes the floors and dusts and changes the sheets and all those things.

She's DEADLY. I love coming home from work the day she has been there. I'm on the go constantly, so it's nice to know that stuff will get done each week.

I wouldn't live in filth, so if she doesn't come for a week or whatever, I do the stuff myself!

Is this the guy who got stopped by the guards because he had loads of young wons in his house?

Aye, and it means a wet spoon doesn't go back into the sugar bowl. The dog can lick the bits up from the floor, saves you sweeping the place.
    Dogs are expensive creatures, mice will show up for free.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

New crowd in dublin targeting people who hate cleaning www.hassle.ie - I want to do it msyelf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I lived with a fella before that never cleaned up after himself. I mean we had a dishwasher and he wouldn't even put his dirty plates into it. His room was a kip and he had an en suite which I once had the misfortune of using. I gave out to him constantly and it was like talking to the wall and the landlord was red useless.

So I decided to get my back on him, So I decided not to touch any of his dirty pots or plates he left for a week. I waited for the weekend when he was away and glued everything to his bedroom door. He wasn't impressed when he came back but it was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Advertise on jobbridge OP. Explain the applicant will pick up a keen eye for cleaniness.
    Explain that the application will develop a thick skin for what they will be faced with.
    Explain that they will receive a Christmas bonus. Don't tell them what it is though.

Advertisement