Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Justice.... not enough but a step in the right direction?

• 07-10-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Justice for cody....

def not enough BUT its a step in the right direction???

B*stards got the following:

JUSTICE FOR CODY!

ANDREW STEWART - 20 MONTH SENTENCE, 10 MONTHS MINIMUM SERVED IN JAIL (10 MONTHS ON LICENCE) AND A 30 YEAR BAN ON KEEPING ANIMALS AND A £2,600 TO BE PAID TO THE AGNEWS TO COVER VETERINARY BILLS AND HE HAS TO TAKE PART IN AN ALCOHOL REHABILITATION PROGRAM

JAMIE DOWNEY - 6 MONTHS IN JAIL

https://www.facebook.com/justiceforcodythedog

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northern-Ireland-says-NO-to-Animal-Cruelty/1434299043478847

ps there are lots of animals lovers in jail.... i hope these two thugs get a warm welcoming!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I think its definitely a step in the right direction with the fine and the 30 year ban, i honestly didn't think either of them would get jail time at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Have to say I was surprised that they got jail, really good result but that poor dog, I don't think I can get the story out of my head, if that happened to my dog I don't think I'd ever be sane again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Have to say I was surprised that they got jail, really good result but that poor dog, I don't think I can get the story out of my head, if that happened to my dog I don't think I'd ever be sane again.

I agree you'd never be the same again ;(

For me my justice would involve a baseball bat and something not legal !

While it's good to see some jail time being given this time , I wouldn't trust the irish legal system and would take matters into my own hands.

Here they would probably get a €250 fine and that's about it!

I've followed codys story on Facebook since it happened. Delighted those lads got jail time. Not the most ideal outcome but a very good step in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

They will get a nice welcome to the prison yard I would imagine. Justice can be served that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Nearly in tears here looking at the first FB page. It is nice to see actual jail time being doled out; not just an insignificant fine and a boot out the door as you'd often see here. I'm not the type to wish for violent punishments, but at the same time wouldn't feel sorry for them if they had a 'welcoming committee' to greet them in the prison yards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

gimmick wrote: »
    They will get a nice welcome to the prison yard I would imagine. Justice can be served that way.

I hope so gimmick I really do!

Advertisement