Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8.1 - LaCie Quadra External Drive no longer recognized.

Options
  • 07-10-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

I am running one of these...

https://www.lacie.com/ie/support/support_manifest.htm?id=10313

...onto my DELL desktop via USB 2.0

The LaCie is exactly one year old and I don't use it very often. It is only switched on when I have new image files to copy across.

Yesterday, I switched it on and nothing happened.

I tried another USB port and, eventually, it sprang into life. I copied across the files.

Today, I checked it again and I got an error message (accompanied by a warning sound) saying that "The last USB device you connected to your computer was not recognized and may not be working correctly."

I tried other USB ports and it's the same with all of them now.

I haven't had the chance to try another cable yet.

In the meantime, is there anything else I could be checking?

As I say, I don't use it that often. So, could something in a recent Windows update be affecting it?

How would I check for the drivers that run the LaCie? Where would they be located on the computer? Could they be the problem?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I'm assuming you have tested it on a second PC first? Also test it with a second cable before assuming anything.

Advertisement