Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest infections after giving up

Options
  • 07-10-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

My husband gave up cigarettes on New Years just gone and is still off them. However, he has gotten several bad chest infections since then (he's been to the doctor for each). He is fairly susceptible to them anyway as he's asthmatic but he hadn't had one for years prior to this.

I've heard someone say before that they had picked up every chest ailment going after giving up smokes, for several months.

Just wondering if others have gone through this and how long it went on for. Hoping there is an end in sight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I was a heavy smoker and was very phlemy for a month but clear after that.

10 months after quitting smoking, are symptoms likely to be related?

Seek informed medical opinion.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Spearsharp

Never heard of that, anyway, hope health is always being with you and your family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

What kind of inhaler is her on?

I smoked for years but gave them up a couple of years back.
    Was still coughing up a lung, wheezy until I changed over to a preventative inhaler.
    He might be on one already, but it's worked wonders for me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jack1000

I gave up smoking 2 and a half years ago and I am of the belief that I am getting a lot more chest infections now than when I was smoking.

Advertisement