Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Servicing

Options
  • 07-10-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am just wondering if you actually provide a gas boiler service?  I know your website says you do but despite numerous attempts to contact you (both via your request form and via your phone number) I have not had any luck.
    Regards,
    Very Disappointed Customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Littlen,

Sorry about the delay. If you private message us your name, address and telephone number we will speak to Home Services directly for you.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Hi Littlen,

Sorry about the delay. If you private message us your name, address and telephone number we will speak to Home Services directly for you.

Regards,
    Una
    Hope you managed to get some service - I've posted on another thread about my unsatisfactory experience with Electric Ireland. I requested a service via the online web page, and received a phone call after I had given up waiting for them to respond, and had started to contact others to service the boiler. I mentioned the leisurely response and was told they were very busy... but not too busy to demand that I pay €79 by debit or credit card then and there, to secure a booking for a service. I refused as I don't see why I should pay until the job has been done to an acceptable standard, and on time. I have already had enough problems with Bord Gais who accepted a booking and who never showed up. At least in that case, they didn't demand an up front fee, so I was free to look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hi Kildarefan - I snipped your other post about this (EI tell me that particular customer was sorted by PM), I'm sure you'll understand that it's easier to keep track of just one conversation at a time for the EI Team as they've got quite a lot of activity to stay on top of.

Hi KildareFan,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience - we have advised the Home Services department. If you would like us to clarify anything further for you, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Hi Una

Thanks for your reply - I am unhappy with the gas boiler service industry in general, having failed over several months to actually have my boiler serviced despite asking various companies and individual registered installers. I live in an estate in a town near Dublin, not in some remote island outpost.

In relation to Electric Ireland, my complaint was the time taken to respond to my online request, and the demand for money upfront. There is no way I'm going to part with money before the service has been provided.

• Advertisement

Hi KildareFan,

If you would like a callback from a member of the Home Services team in Electric Ireland, do send us a private message with your name and number.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement