Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will the Ebola scare be used to ramp up airport security again?

• 07-10-2014 1:57pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

The slew of ridiculous airport restrictions introduced and refined since 9/11 (body-scanners, shoes and belt and jackets off, no liquids or even sh1t like lipstick or shampoo, aggressive frisking, etc) have been somewhat relaxed since people pushed back against being sexually groped or since people (even the TSA idiots) realised that there is no real threat and the whole thing is just a farce.
    The absurd restrictions on liquids has been lifted and you generally don't need to take your shoes off anymore (did they develop clandestine sneaker bomb detectors :pac:?). Which makes me wonder......will they (the people who implemented these measures) now introduce a raft of new "safety measures" at airports now and use this whole Ebola thing to justify them?

New Ebola detection machines that you breathe into or supply a saliva sample? These machines would (like the body scanners) be largely useless but would again make some businessman with connections in Congress fantastically wealthy.

I mean there's money to be made off every crisis whether it's real, overblown or plain imaginary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

There won't be any way for airport security to detect if someone has contracted Ebola. If It starts spreading to more countries and more people start getting infected airports will just shut down to stop infection spreading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I hope they introduce some sort of safety measure to be honest. So far the international response has been apathy,it needs a ramp up. Irish hospitals are bursting at the seams coping with our ordinary ailments. I can't imagine how we'd cope here if it arrived.

Maybe not allowing people with a fever onto airplanes as Ebola is only contagious while the patient is symptomatic.It would of course be a huge inconvenience for everyone with the flu or a sore throat etc but its the only measure I can think of that could be practically implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A mobile dipping tank of disinfectant at airport security is the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A mobile dipping tank of disinfectant at airport security is the only way.

TCP should do the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

If Ebola gets that far then I imagine that there will be no air travel at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Go to the Conspiracy Theories forum for conspiracy theories or get a blog for anti-US rants.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement