Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech cabinet tamper won't go away

Options
  • 07-10-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Friend of mine down the country getting a 'Cabinet Tamper' on an old aritech system. Haven't seen it but its the big system in the metal box like the one in this picture.
    pb-sirene-alarme-aritech-advisor-cd34.jpg
    Anyways there is a staple already across the auxiliary tamper loop on the board and even when he pushes down the spring until it clicks as if the lid is on it still says 'Cabinet Tamper'.
    I'm pretty sure there is no fix for this but I just wanted to check here in case I am missing something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The aux tamper will show up as lid tamper. Has he closed that off?

Edit: Apologies, I missed the end of your post. If the aux is closed off then it looks like a problem with the switch. If he's brave he could solder the tracks at the back of the PCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

yes there is a staple across that

thanks Fred, I was thinking it is the switch as well as there is nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the spring is like a spring on a sensor, break it off and soldier inside where the connections are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wasn't there a version of SW on either the CD72 or 95 where the external bell tamper showed as cabinet tamper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    Wasn't there a version of SW on either the CD72 or 95 where the external bell tamper showed as cabinet tamper?

There was indeed, I was thinking that also.

Ok thanks guys I will check that

KoolKid wrote: »
    well spotted Koolkid it was an issue with the external bell tamper thanks

Advertisement