Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend jobs?

Options
  • 07-10-2014 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any weekend jobs going around Carlow Town? At college in a different county atm, but can come home every weekend if I got a job to go to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Theres a tread stickyed for Jobs/help wanted. Nothing new in there for a while now though.

A few places will be looking to take on xmas staff around this time. Problem is (if it's anything like were I work) a college student is a big no no. Even if they're in Carlow IT/Pats.
    The likes of Argos/Riverisland/Newlook/Next all take on xmas staff. Rarely seem to keep them on from my understanding, but it'll be a few quid for Christmas and a bit of experience for the CV.

You should consider looking for a job wherever you are currently though, if it's possible.
    Best of look with the search though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Mister Man wrote: »
    a college student is a big no no. Even if they're in Carlow IT/Pats.

That wouldn't be my experience. Had several jobs locally as a student. Students are great for filling the gaps around full time employees. The concern I would have is that the OP is travelling back to Carlow to work.

Could the OP try get employment in the county of college? Being able to work midweek and weekends maybe an easier sell than only work weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Hi
    Im looking to apply for a Christmas job in Carlow. I realise Argos/Riverisland/Newlook/Next have all been mentioned, but is there anywhere else I should try my chances? Is it a matter of just going around and handing out CVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Xtravision in Carlow are looking for staff

O'Brien's off license are looking for Christmas staff I believe. Elveries on Tullow street are looking for staff too.Tesco take Christmas staff on each year. I think Dunnes do the same. I heard Teach Dolmen were looking for staff a month or so ago. I'd imagine you'd need bar experience to have a hope with that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I think I seen a sign in racey byrnes window today. Might be worth a shot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Rathwood are looking for elves, if that's any good.

Just to add to my earlier post this week: I was walking down Tullow Street Thursday evening and noticed LOTS of places with signs in the window looking for staff. Quite a verity to choose from too. If anyone is looking for a job, get some CV's printed and take a stroll along Tullow St ASAP!

Advertisement