Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conceiving after Yaz?

Options
  • 07-10-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,
    was just wondering if anyone else has been on the contraceptive pill Yaz before TTC & how long did it take to get pregnant?

We have a 2.5 year old & ideally would like to start trying in January but just don't know whether to come off the pill after my next packet, which will be next week & just be cautious till I have my natural cycle worked out so I'll know when I'm ovulating or how long should a cycle take to return to normal once contraception ends?

I managed to get pregnant on my first child whilst I was on the mini pill which was unplanned but every pregnancy is different & something is nagging me that because this will be a planned pregnancy it will take longer. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to planning & would like to try aim for a Autumn birth next year. I know things like this can't be planned to a tee but I'd like to give myself & my OH the best opportunity when it comes to actually conceiving.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Everyone is different and how your body will respond to the withdrawal of the hormone is impossible to say.

What I can say is only from my own personal experience, it is not medical fact or anything like it.

I was on Yaz for over two years, various types of COC for almost eight years total. Prior to starting COC I had regular periods, never any issues. When I came off Yaz it took 40 days for me to have my first period, my next period was 31 days later. When I was coming off it I think I thought I would get pregnant straight away and wanted to have a baby in March time, that's not going to happen now but not to worry!

Just as an aside, when planning a baby for Autumn time - be aware that the highest number of babies are born in end of August/Sept/Oct and hospitals are extremely overcrowded at that time of year!

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

As mentioned before everyone is different, I was on Yasmin/ Yasminelle for 10 years and had very irregular cycles. I got pregnant on my second cycle (first cycle trying - I wanted to have one natural cycle first).

Hope everything goes well for you.

Advertisement