Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concert 1991

Options
  • 07-10-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone remember a concert taking place in Phoenix Park in 1991 to celebrate Dublin being the European city of culture? I was at it but can not recollect anything about it apart from a hazy memory of the Saw Doctors. Any info on line up etc, would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aslanroars

Yeah I remember the gig all right .but only two acts I remember were emotional fish .and dignam and goff .I was to wasted after drinking
    All night .nigh before .I think dubliners played too.ended up sleeping for day and a half aftetwards

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aslanroars

Yeah I remember the gig all right .but only two acts I remember were emotional fish .and dignam and goff .I was to wasted after drinking
    All night .nigh before .I think dubliners played too.ended up sleeping for day and a half aftetwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

From a quick search on the internet it looks like Hothouse Flowers and The Dubliners were also playing. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭corm500

I've tried googling but have found very little information apart from the nugget that it was the biggest attendance for a gig in the park. Apart from the Popes gig obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Memory is a bit hazy about this,but from what I can remember I think Hothouse Flowers,The Sawdoctors,Fat lady Sings,An Emotional Fish and (I think) The Blue Angels played at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

I was there. If I remember correctly the first artist on stage was Andrew Strong. Joe Elliot made an appearance onstage later in the day, I cant remember with who.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

I think the gig was called 'Music City'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alex111

does anyone have any dognap and goff stuff for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Dibble wrote: »
    I think the gig was called 'Music City'.

Was it not 'Lark in the Park' or was that something different?

I remember parts of the day. Andrew Strong coming on first and this was before the Commitments was released so everyone was thinking who's this guy? The Saw Doctors were great if my memory serves me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

mother of god but you are all very hazy on this one! must have been a good day out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭corm500

roll wrote: »
    mother of god but you are all very hazy on this one! must have been a good day out!
    Normally have a good recollection of gigs, but I do remember treating this gig as a massive drinking session and as a result can remember very little. Seems like everyone else did the same. There was a huge amount of people there most of whom thought U2 were going to turn up. The only act I remember was the Saw Doctors and they were very good. They had these large Macnas characters dancing on stage (I think)
    Are there any sites out there that deal with festivals and gigs from the past, line ups, set lists etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Advertisement