Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Such a thing as a short term food licence?

Options
  • 07-10-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I run a garden shop and for the launch of our xmas shop we were thinking of offering mulled wine or garden soups free for the day. Has anybody any info in regards the legality of this? Im thinking food licence etc... I will contact FSAI but just thought id fire it up here and see if anybody has any previous experience in this kind of thing.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

No issue whatsoever.

If its free and is for an "event" and you are not making the soup, then you may not even need HSE food registration - best to call them. There's no fee - you are just registering that you are selling / serving food. Once you ahve competent person doing it who knows about food safety. it will be fine.

Its local HSE office you need, not fsai.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

What do you mean by 'not making the soup'?

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

What do you mean by 'not making the soup'?

Thanks for your help.

exactly what it says - you are not making the soup.

Most cafes will buy soup from their suppliers. The soup is made ina registered premises and all relevant safety guidelines in place.

If you make the soup you need your kitchens inspected, a double sink deep enough to wash the soup bowl, keep a record of all raw ingredients brought it include regular temperature checks etc.

Personally, I'd stick with mulled wine / spiced apple drink and avoid the soup.

With mulled wine / spiced apple, there will be no issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Ah i see. Cool, thank you for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

delahuntv wrote: »
    Personally, I'd stick with mulled wine / spiced apple drink and avoid the soup.

With mulled wine / spiced apple, there will be no issues whatsoever.

Do you not run into licensing issues if you serve mulled wine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

You can give alcohol away free, even our local barber is at it!! though a beer at 10am is a little much, even for me and I do like a haircut done before 11 am!!

Advertisement