Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Dublin late bar's

Options
  • 07-10-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if the wonderful people of afterhours have any of you been to any of the below bars in Dublin city and what are your thought of them ?

Sam's Bar Dawson street,
    The Black door , Hardcore street
    37 Dawson street
    Grafton Lounge,

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved to Dublin City. Please note their charter now applies

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just wondering if the wonderful people of afterhours have any of you been to any of the below bars in Dublin city and what are your thought of them ?

Sam's Bar Dawson street,
    37 Dawson street
    Grafton Lounge,

cheers

I'm afraid the only one of those I have been to is 37 Dawson Street. Seemed to be full of people who were out to be seen out if you know what I mean but that could just be me. I'm not one for going clubbing or out on the lash really, I prefer a few drinks where I can talk to the people I am with.

I'm sorry, I don't know if you were trying to be funny or not but this amused me greatly:
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I was wondeirng would anyone notice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

miamee pretty much summed it up. The types that go to these places generally seem to have a very inflated opinion of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Black Door has a dresscode last seen in the roaring days of the Celtic Tiger. Rather hilariously, despite the fact that they *want* media-types to get in there it was a bunch of media people they refused...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

MYOB wrote: »
    The Black Door has a dresscode last seen in the roaring days of the Celtic Tiger. Rather hilariously, despite the fact that they *want* media-types to get in there it was a bunch of media people they refused...

First Question:
    How do you know they wanted-media types?

Second Question:
    How do you know said media-types were refused?

Third Question:
    What are "media-types"?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

37 Dawson street - music is cheesey but in a good way. The one visit I was there, the crowd seemed to be a bit up their own hole and it was packed.

Grafton Lounge - This places raves about it's music but (I'll sound old) it's too loud and no-one dances, just stand around looking at each other.

What type of experience are you after OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

MYOB wrote: »

It's over 27's, I've strolled in there locked at 4am at the age of 23 wearing runners, jeans and a polo.

Advertisement