Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hanging Up The Spurs

• 07-10-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

With heavy heart and sadness I'm just dropping by to say i'm hangin up the spurs. I haven't been on here in quite some time as some of you may or may not have noticed. My health is ever decreasing and I'm just not able for it. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all your help and good times. If anyone needs advice on NES stuff or to keep in touch a few of the guys have my email address.

My collection is being kept but I'll eventually be putting everything i have thats a double up for sale if which i have a stupid amount to pay for my medical expenses when i can take the pictures but for now hello and goodbye for a while from a hospital bed. Thanks for the fun times.

Al.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Christ, that doesn't sound good. I hope things start looking up for you and your health improves. Puts things in perspective really about how much your retro collection is actually worth compared to your health :/

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Ah don't worry about me. I won't give up without a fight yet! But yeah my collection has gotten a bit outta hand. my doubles are probaly better than most peoples full collections at this stage because of all the trading up i did over the years. Just gonna concentrate on my health for a while now and sell the excess to pay the bills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Sad to hear man! Hope things pick up for you soon! Retr0 is right, times like this makes you realise that pieces of plastic and silicone mean nothing compared to your health!

All the best man, sincerely. Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks for the positive wishes guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Best of luck man, hope everything comes out alright for you.

Anything you decide to flog, make sure and give all us folks first dibs, so you won't be dealing with Adverts time wasters!

• Advertisement

Completely agree. I haaaaaaaaate adverts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It is always sad to see someone give up something they love, not by choice but through necessity, but don't be a stranger, buying dodgy dating games for the Snes is only one small part of the scene here, your opinions on how terrible recent Sonic games are just as important!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Look after yourself man, and like applebaseddrinkhominid there says dont be a stranger ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Really saddened to hear your health issues are persisting. From what you've told me before you sound like you've a lot of good people around you - so don't give up :)

I still continue to play the hell out of that Famicom by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Look after yourself dude, & we'll fully expect to see you back here some day when all is well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Best of luck man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Hang in there, You still have so many games to collect.

Advertisement