Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dexter Wedge Beachcasting

Options
  • 07-10-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I have a 13ft beachcaster rod and I was wondering could I surf fish a dexter wedge and what weight dexter wedge would you recommend?I can't afford to buy a spinning rod but I have a 6 ft trout rod but I do not have enough line as it's reel is tiny.How would I cast also and where do I cast as I want to go for a bass?I really want my first bass so please help.I will try bait if I have to but I really want to use the dexter wedge.I read somewhere that I could use a paternoster rig with a snood and have the lure instead of the hook?Is this true and do I put a weight on the rig?The casting weight of the rod is 4-8 oz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Are you and Olwas2014 the same person or whats the story ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

Snowc wrote: »
    Are you and Olwas2014 the same person or whats the story ? :confused:
    No just brothers😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dexter wedge is a good lure for Bass but you won't get one big enough to cast with that rod. You are being very ambitious targeting Bass with the gear and experience available to you. There were good tips given to you on the other thread where you asked about Bass fishing.

They are not an easy species to catch and I'd target other species with the hope of perhaps getting a bass, if I were you. If you want to spin you really need to buy a rod and reel to cast 30 to 50g.

Dexter wedge is a good lure for Bass but you won't get one big enough to cast with that rod. You are being very ambitious targeting Bass with the gear and experience available to you. There were good tips given to you on the other thread where you asked about Bass fishing.

They are not an easy species to catch and I'd target other species with the hope of perhaps getting a bass, if I were you. If you want to spin you really need to buy a rod and reel to cast 30 to 50g.
    Could I use my trout rod just change the reel?

How is it rated? Probably good for LRF at best and the reel would have to match the rod.

Call in to a local tackle shop and ask.

• Advertisement

How is it rated? Probably good for LRF at best and the reel would have to match the rod.

Call in to a local tackle shop and ask.

I don't know at the moment but would I be able to use the lure in place of the hook in a paternoster rig with a 4 oz weight?

PM sent.

Advertisement