Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Linkin Park is my favorite band, see no reason why not slane

Love them myself, but not a hope they will ever do anything bigger than the Point in Ireland unless they support someone big. I was at their show in 2008 and even though i was there for them, they were blown out of the water by QOTSA. I'd say more than half of the crowd left before LP even came on. No wonder they haven't been back since!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I posted a thing in the AC/DC (yeah, I know) thread, but lad who gets info bout announcements early in France mentioned them playing Paris on 2 dates the weekend before the rumoured Slane date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Linkin Park is my favorite band, see no reason why not slane

Theyd struggle to fill the o2 at this stage.. Let alone Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Girth crooks coming back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Girth crooks coming back next year

He's let himself go a bit since he stopped playing ball, but that's a bit harsh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

micar wrote: »
    Reports of 2 gigs in Slane next year,

AC/DC to headline one date and another not yet released for the other.

Would love to see Foo Fighters

I think you might be in luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One Direction and The Vamps :p

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I don't think Slane is a terrible venue, I was there for Bon Jovi last year and the sound and view were great, however, that said, I was at the front of the gold circle. However, the parking was definitely terrible, getting in was no problem, as we arrived around 1(gates were supposed to open at 3), it was over an hour before we even moved, despite heading right back to the car once the concert was over, it was about 3 before we got back to Dublin(as far as I remember, the concert ended around half 11.) I'd happily go to Slane again, hell, I wanted to go back again for Eminem, and I'm not even a huge fan of his. The only thing I wouldn't do is take a car again, I'd definitely get the bus, it would have been a lot less hassle and worked out cheaper, and I can't imagine how bad it would have been had there been another 30k people. I mean, Slane isn't going to compare to purpose built concert venues like The Point in terms of sound or view, but for a field in the middle of nowhere, it's great. I'd happily go to Slane year after year, hell, I don't even like AC/DC that much, but if they're announced to play Slane, I'm definitely buying a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't know if this is relevant to the thread but there always seems to be speculation that Ac/Dc are going to play, this news item came up today about Ac/Dc's drummer Phil Rudd who was arrested on a suspected murder plot charge. http://www.uncut.co.uk/acdc/acdc-issue-statement-regarding-arrest-of-drummer-phil-rudd-on-murder-plot-charges-news

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend. I can dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

If it's two gigs, AC/DC for the capacity of the Bon Jovi gig, 50,000ish then Coldplay for the full capacity, 80,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Am Ithe only one that thought ac/dc were very poor in punchestown? Wouldn't be arsed seeing them in slane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

K4t wrote: »
    Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend. I can dream.

Was at the gig the O2 when Vampire Weekend supported Arcade Fire. Had seen Arcade Fire before but was really there to see Vampire Weekend.

Vampire Weekend are a class act.

Both at Slane would be special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Dave Grohl just said on 2FM that Foo Fighters are playing May 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Foo fighter may 30 **** ya

at Slane?

Mushy wrote: »
    at Slane?

Yeah confirmed by Dave himself

Depending on support I may make the trek to Slane for a first time!

aha_sender wrote: »
    Yeah confirmed by Dave himself

Albeit accidently!!

So since foo's are confirmed, who would be the realistic support.
    The Strypes
    royal blood
    Foo fighters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

sebcity wrote: »
    Albeit accidently!!

Hah did he let it slip by mistake? The Lord of the Manor shall not be happy!

Not so much a slip, just reckon he didn't care and just blurted it out!!
    Rick and Cormac on 2fm were pretty surprised he said it.
    Someone is pi$$ed I'd say!

aha_sender wrote: »
    So since foo's are confirmed, who would be the realistic support.
    The Strypes
    royal blood
    Foo fighters

I'd put money on Rise Against! Not as main support though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

of course it wasn't by accident ffs, he's hardly just talking to Irish radio stations for the laugh.
    he's on the phone specifically to announce it.

same as tomorrow when he's on UK radio stations and will announce UK dates.

of course it wasn't by accident ffs, he's hardly just talking to Irish radio stations for the laugh.
    he's on the phone specifically to announce it.

same as tomorrow when he's on UK radio stations and will announce UK dates.

Think he was on radio stations today too over there and not gigs named, bar the Manchester one that ticketlink leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JamieHP wrote: »
    If it's two gigs, AC/DC for the capacity of the Bon Jovi gig, 50,000ish then Coldplay for the full capacity, 80,000.
    wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Think he was on radio stations today too over there and not gigs named, bar the Manchester one that ticketlink leaked.

On the One show on BBC at 19:00, He is in London right now was on radio stations but no announcements, he is on BBC radio in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

do you know which ones?
    he's on Radio 1 tomorrow morning, and doing some Capital FM take-over thing in the afternoon, and i'd have thought those were the biggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

One and only time I was at Slane was for The Foos/Chili Peppers. That was excellent. Depending on support, I might make this my second visit.

• Advertisement

do you know which ones?
    he's on Radio 1 tomorrow morning, and doing some Capital FM take-over thing in the afternoon, and i'd have thought those were the biggest.

No idea, just read he was on some and nothing came of them. Would make sense now being on more tomorrow. It'll be a fun morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement