Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannabis withdrawal worse than heroin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Guys, this is a serious post.

A friend of mine died last year from overdosing cannabis. He was really depressed last year and he got hooked on cannabis. It got to the point where he was having 3 or 4 cannabis's a day.

On the night he died the toxicology report say he had consumed 8 cannabis's which is way over the lethal limit.

A truly tragic tale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

kjl wrote: »

A friend of mine died last year from overdosing cannabis. He was really depressed last year and he got hooked on cannabis. It got to the point where he was having 3 or 4 cannabis's a day.

On the night he died the toxicology report say he had consumed 8 cannabis's which is way over the lethal limit.

A truly tragic tale.

Did he inject it?

Serious reply.............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

mikom wrote: »
    Did he inject it?

Serious reply.............

How else would you take such a crazy drug?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

A truly tragic tale.

he must be the first reported case of cannabis overdose. of that you can be proud, otherwise a sad tale indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Puts me in mind of..........

great film! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Giving up weed, well Tricky managed it, or claims to have:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

In all seriousness though, legalising this drug would cause major problems, especially in a country like Ireland. Look at what damage alcohol is doing. I'm especially looking at the damage it's doing to teenagers. The pressure to drink from peers is huge. Most teenagers give into this pressure. Legalising cannabis would lead to similar results, if you don't smoke it you'll be weird.
    Smoking this stuff can be disastrous for teenagers. I know because I used to smoke the stuff, yes contrary to the opinion that you must not have smoked cannabis if your against legalising it, some of us have smoked it and know it's dangers. It's all well and good saying that if you know you have underlying mental issues then just avoid it but most teenagers wont have a clue about mental illness.
    This is not a harmless drug, people need to stop spouting that rubbish. Some say alcohol is legal and that's harmful and they're right, so why do you want to legalise another harmfull drug to add to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

You sure he hadn't any psychedelic mushrooms in his system as well? Any weed I've ever smoked gave me the opposite desire to running around, wonder what kind he smoked?

Yeah, was with the guy for about 24hours on a coach ride on the way over where he was crawling the walls for a smoke. I imagine nicotine withdrawls was getting on his nerves, soon as he got to the campsite he started smoking like a chimney. He was a nervy, twitchy mess before hand. Started off coming up to me and asking me if I had heard people talking about him, as I said it all just snowballed until he ran off into the fields. Definitely not saying it was the cannabis that provoked this behaviour but I do believe it magnified an existing problem.

Just anecdotal.

Re panic attacks (another poster), I'd say once you know how to use it to medicate against panic attacks it works well. However if you overwhelm yourself and are taken aback by the strength of a strong dose it can have the opposite effect. It is about responsibility and understanding the effects of course.

Unfortunately mr "fields" probably was not in a position to make any good decisions before he even got near the stuff. He is definitely an example of someone who should not be allowed free access to strong cannabis due to an existing mental health condition.

Could he make that call himself? I don't know. I would lean towards no and he should be restricted somehow.

Note (I promise this is true), the fields guy was lifted by the police as he had ran off into the fields and approached the house of an elderly woman (we were camping in the nordvijker-out (that's not how it is spelt I am sure, small coastal town nr Leiden/Haarlem area) in a state of heightened panic and paranoia. He was banging the door and trying to get access to her house by force. Tragi-comic really, but it could have been worse if the police did not arrive. The cannabis, in my view, seemed to accelerate the development of some sort of mental health episode, seemed to have a loose grip on reality.

Emphasis that the guy was not mentally well, in my untrained opinion, before he started smoking, but it did seem to blow up rather quickly.

My rambling point is, some people are definitely not cut out for it.

Laois6556 wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, legalising this drug would cause major problems, especially in a country like Ireland. Look at what damage alcohol is doing. I'm especially looking at the damage it's doing to teenagers. The pressure to drink from peers is huge. Most teenagers give into this pressure. Legalising cannabis would lead to similar results, if you don't smoke it you'll be weird.
    Smoking this stuff can be disastrous for teenagers. I know because I used to smoke the stuff, yes contrary to the opinion that you must not have smoked cannabis if your against legalising it, some of us have smoked it and know it's dangers. It's all well and good saying that if you know you have underlying mental issues then just avoid it but most teenagers wont have a clue about mental illness.
    This is not a harmless drug, people need to stop spouting that rubbish. Some say alcohol is legal and that's harmful and they're right, so why do you want to legalise another harmfull drug to add to it?

if you legalize it, DONT tax it to the hilt & make sure a fully working age restriction is in place then you'll have less probelms than you have now.

if the price is undercutting dealers and the quality is better, then dealers have nowhere to turn. sure, kids will still get it somehow (usually a parent/older sibling) but at least they wont be able to stroll down the flats and buy a dime bag that contains 1.5 grams of god knows what kinda sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I am pie wrote: »
    My rambling point is, some people are definitely not cut out for it.

Agreed, but sure some people shouldn't drink alcohol as it doesn't suit them and some fat feckers shouldn't get those extra large portions and some people with chest infections shouldn't smoke 20 a day and some diabetics should avoid chocolates

• Advertisement

You've left the "appeal to worse problems" or "fallacy of relative privation" behind.
    So now we get to the "parade of horribles"
    To save you googling.........

A parade of horribles is also a rhetorical device whereby the speaker argues against taking a certain course of action by listing a number of extremely undesirable events which will ostensibly result from the action.

Its power lies in the emotional impact of the unpleasant predictions; however, a parade of horribles can potentially be a fallacy if one or more of the following is true:

- The action doesn't actually change the likelihood of the "horribles" occurring. The "horribles" could be unlikely to occur even if the action is taken, or they could be likely to happen anyway even if the action is avoided. This is an appeal to probability, and can be viewed as a non sequitur insofar as the action has no causal relation to the "horribles".

- The argument relies solely on the emotional impact of the "horribles" (an appeal to emotion).

- The "horribles" are not actually bad.

A parade of horribles is a type of hyperbole, because it exaggerates the negative results of the action, arguing that "If we do this, ultimately all these horrible things will happen"

You said......
    I'm especially looking at the damage it's doing to teenagers. The pressure to drink from peers is huge. Most teenagers give into this pressure. Legalising cannabis would lead to similar results, if you don't smoke it you'll be weird.

So we see the Parade of horrible number 1.
    The action doesn't actually change the likelihood of the "horribles" occurring. The "horribles" could be unlikely to occur even if the action is taken, or they could be likely to happen anyway even if the action is avoided. This is an appeal to probability, and can be viewed as a non sequitur insofar as the action has no causal relation to the "horribles".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Because if they want to smoke it they will get it on the street , you can't stop that. It's better that they could buy it informed , legally and from a reputable retailer what they are buying will be clean not some dirt from Johner on a street corner.

For everyone else (Adults) if they want to smoke it , it's a plant for gods sake and they should be allowed the right to enjoy it in the comfort of their own home without fear of being jailed. It wouldn't ruin the country if it was legal that's fear mongering , sure the US seems to be doing alright , hasn't burned to the ground yet anyway.

If it was ever legalized over here though for recreational use I do think it should be at least 18 + maybe 21 + I do agree that it can do damage to young people in terms of motivation I just know if my son ever did decide to smoke it I'd much prefer him buying it in a legal way rather than on street corners from scumbags ,that's how we realistically protect our youth through modern and practical means not by scaring them to death with nonsence.

There's also the argument that if it's legal it'll become less appealing to young people , won't have the same rebel 'buzz' from smoking it. I know plenty of dutch people who've never been bothered even trying it despite it's availability.

if you legalize it, DONT tax it to the hilt & make sure a fully working age restriction is in place then you'll have less probelms than you have now.

if the price is undercutting dealers and the quality is better, then dealers have nowhere to turn. sure, kids will still get it somehow (usually a parent/older sibling) but at least they wont be able to stroll down the flats and buy a dime bag that contains 1.5 grams of god knows what kinda sh1t.

But smoking it will become far more common amongst them, that's what legalising it would do. Age restrictions isn't stopping them from drinking. It may be higher quality than what they get from the local scumbag but that doesn't mean it can't have huge negative effects on them.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Agreed, but sure some people shouldn't drink alcohol as it doesn't suit them and some fat feckers shouldn't get those extra large portions and some people with chest infections shouldn't smoke 20 a day and some diabetics should avoid chocolates

Agreed also, but I think fattys (me!), people with chest infections and diabetics are in a positions to make good decisions, if they don't ...well, tough. They should have!

People with serious mental health conditions probably aren't going to be in a position to make those choices. It should be sold via pharmacies in my view, you should have to make a mandatory trip to a GP in advance to get a certificate to say you are the full schilling and can go ahead and enjoy a smoke.

Here in Argentina anyone who uses a gym has to go to their GP and get an ECG scan to confirm their heart won't pop on the benchpress machine. It's no big deal, everyone does it without much complaint.

Something like that takes the heat out of the "reefer madness" nonsense.

You've left the "appeal to worse problems" or "fallacy of relative privation" behind.
    So now we get to the "parade of horribles"
    To save you googling.........

You said......

So we see the Parade of horrible number 1.
    The action doesn't actually change the likelihood of the "horribles" occurring. The "horribles" could be unlikely to occur even if the action is taken, or they could be likely to happen anyway even if the action is avoided. This is an appeal to probability, and can be viewed as a non sequitur insofar as the action has no causal relation to the "horribles".

Ah yeah or teenagers smoking the stuff could actually lead to increased mental health issues. Kinda like the studies are telling us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Teenagers having access to it would be a different argument. They already do because it's not like drug dealers care about who they sell to. But if it was only obtainable through legal means, similar to tobacco and alcohol, it'd harder to get, especially so if you could only buy it if you're over 21 and needed a prescription or some other form of control.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I said nothing about stopping it, the shrieking calls for legalisation are amusing for what basically boils down to people sitting down and getting off their faces.

Such hysteria over something so pathetically mundane.

Who is being hysterical? The only people populating this thread with crap from what i can see are the anti-smoking crowd. Laoisman being a perfect example.

But smoking it will become far more common amongst them, that's what legalising it would do.

mate, the majority of them smoke now. the ones that want do, the ones that dont dont. there's already peer pressure on them. i know from experience with my own teenage son.
    It may be higher quality than what they get from the local scumbag but that doesn't mean it can't have huge negative effects on them.

actually, studies have shown that some of the additives can be responsible for a large amount of mental health issues associated with cannabis. if you grow in sympathy, without trying to be greedy with the yield, then you can consume a 100% natural product. dealers do not do this, infact there are plenty of non-natural products used to add apparent weight to their product.

I have seen one or two of people with pretty unsound mental states lose their marbles after taking on board strong stuff, usually a little to quickly.

Anytime it's happened it was fairly obvious it was going to happen. If it were legalised one would assume that a health warning or disclaimer would state that it could exacerbate existing mental health issues.

I dont believe it creates mental health issues, but it is definitely unsuitable for those who have existing conditions. Whilst not at all physically addictive it can become a pyschological crutch, but again, that should be made clear on the labelling.

I guess they will put the same labels on your bag of weed as they do with a bottle of vodka. "Don't drink all this in one go as it will be bad for you". They do that dont they?

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Because if they want to smoke it they will get it on the street , you can't stop that. It's better that they could buy it informed , legally and from a reputable retailer what they are buying will be clean not some dirt from Johner on a street corner.

For everyone else (Adults) if they want to smoke it , it's a plant for gods sake and they should be allowed the right to enjoy it in the comfort of their own home without fear of being jailed. It wouldn't ruin the country if it was legal that's fear mongering , sure the US seems to be doing alright , hasn't burned to the ground yet anyway.

If it was ever legalized over here though for recreational use I do think it should be at least 18 + maybe 21 + I do agree that it can do damage to young people in terms of motivation I just know if my son ever did decide to smoke it I'd much prefer him buying it in a legal way rather than on street corners from scumbags ,that's how we realistically protect our youth through modern and practical means not by scaring them to death with nonsence.

There's also the argument that if it's legal it'll become less appealing to young people , won't have the same rebel 'buzz' from smoking it. I know plenty of dutch people who've never been bothered even trying it despite it's availability.

Young people will want to try it in increased numbers when they see adults smoking it and it's seen as the cool thing to do. Just like alcohol. It doesn't matter where the stuff comes from it can be dangerous for young people, studies have shown this. I know this.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah or teenagers smoking the stuff could actually lead to increased mental health issues. Kinda like the studies are telling us.

Who is legalising it for teenagers.
    If were legalised/decriminalised for over 18's/21's then teenagers smoking it will getting it by illict means.
    The same as they are getting it today.

Is this sinking in yet.

Just like Legal alcohol is not legal for kids.
    If they are getting their hands on it then there are rules, procedures etc to deal with that.
    Young people will want to try it in increased numbers when they see adults smoking it and it's seen as the cool thing to do. Just like alcohol. It doesn't matter where the stuff comes from it can be dangerous for young people, studies have shown this. I know this.

Check up the teen use of cannabis in Holland.
    Google it if you feel like being informed.

Here is a highlight.......
    Past-year cannabis use among Dutch 15-to-24-year-olds dropped from 14.3 to 11.4 percent between 1997 and 2005.

Well that's the thread decided lads and ladies, I'm glad you enlightened us, could a mod please close it down now :pac:

A truly tragic tale.

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

Teenagers having access to it would be a different argument. They already do because it's not like drug dealers care about who they sell to. But if it was only obtainable through legal means, similar to tobacco and alcohol, it'd harder to get, especially so if you could only buy it if you're over 21 and needed a prescription or some other form of control.

It would not be harder to get. Alcohol is simple for teenagers to get and far more common amongst them than smoking cannabis. Legalising cannabis would increase the usage amongst teenagers.

Alcohol is simple for teenagers to get and far more common amongst them than smoking cannabis.

Horseshit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes you're, if I understand it correctly they are (amongst other things but my study hasn't gone that deep) adding cannabis oils to resin which bumps up the potency. But as I said, none of it is subject to routine testing.
    I have never heard of this done on a street level. I have no doubt some home growers might want to increase potency and could possibly extract oil from low potency left over leaves. The only additions I have heard in recent years are silica & glass substances, contaminating it to add weight and make it appear like it has "crystals".

This is certainly a reason for testing & regulation, just like prohibition in the US was lifted partly due to all the dangerous contaminated alcohol going on.

Street drugs are usually diluted down, not up, or else mixed with additives like the silica or for the likes of coke/speed mixed with other stimulants so it is not just bulking it out but adding to the effect users expect.

In many countries extracted oil is class A or its equivalent, so its rarely seen or made for commercial sale.
    genetically modified etc and there's really no systematic testing for this. The THC content of a lot of strains has been increased over the years so people are not smoking the happy herb that their forefathers were.
    There is no GM herb as said. Many are smoking pretty much the same strains their fathers were too, its simply grown using better methods. People grow rosehips to extract vitamin C, I expect in the last 30-40years the farmers have also developed ways to increase potency from the exact same strains, and figure out which strains are best.

Get in a time machine and get seom reasonable seeds from the 60's and a grower with todays knowledge would likely be able to get near the same potency as the weed the gutter press might call "skunk" which is usually the one said to be genetically modified. Many of the seed breeding sites will openly talk of the genetics of the plants, and many would date back to the 70's, they are keeping the same "mother plants" going by taking cuttings over & over.

Also you talk like high potency is a negative thing, it is a huge improvement health wise. It is often said its 10 times stronger today or even more. Do you really think doctors prescribing patients to smoke cannabis would prefer them to be smoking 10 times the amount of plant matter to give them relief? Many people vapourise to avoid smoking plant matter at all.

I might drink 10 pints of beer on a good night, if I'm on whiskey I would not have the same 10 pints, this seems obvious but I don't know how people do cop onto this fact when "warning" about high % cannabis. So similarly a person today smoking high potency correctly grown, correctly trimmed weed is not going to smoke the same weight as his "forefather" who was getting low quality poorly grown stale ditch weed including parts of the plant which no grower would consider smoking.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Who is being hysterical? The only people populating this thread with crap from what i can see are the anti-smoking crowd. Laoisman being a perfect example.

Opposing views not welcome is the message then.

Agreed also, but I think fattys (me!), people with chest infections and diabetics are in a positions to make good decisions, if they don't ...well, tough. They should have!

People with serious mental health conditions probably aren't going to be in a position to make those choices. It should be sold via pharmacies in my view, you should have to make a mandatory trip to a GP in advance to get a certificate to say you are the full schilling and can go ahead and enjoy a smoke.

Here in Argentina anyone who uses a gym has to go to their GP and get an ECG scan to confirm their heart won't pop on the benchpress machine. It's no big deal, everyone does it without much complaint.

Something like that takes the heat out of the "reefer madness" nonsense.

If you're going to ban things based on how people with mental problems will deal with them then there'll be nothing out there that isnt banned. "Anyone see my shovel?" "Oh, you not hear? Shovels are banned due to the fact that people with mental problems might do damage with them"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

We'll I've never taken Heroin but I have taken Codeine & Hydrocodone which are much weaker forms of Heroin. I've also smoked Cannabis. believe me Cannabis is much easier to give up. I've also taken benzo's like Dalmane, Valium & Xanax which are even harder than the Heroin type drugs to give up. Even to this day my doctor is trying get me of the benzo's we worked out a plan. I'm on 15mg's of Valium now (I was on like 160mg's a day of Valium & 90mg of Dalmane at night to sleep) a day & one sleeping tablet Zimovane (7.5mg of Zopiclone) at night.

• Advertisement

It would not be harder to get. Alcohol is simple for teenagers to get and far more common amongst them than smoking cannabis. Legalising cannabis would increase the usage amongst teenagers.

You really dont know what you're talking about. Legalising cannabis makes it more difficult for teenagers to get their hands on it. Do you think having it illegal and available only from drug dealers is preferable? Really?

mate, the majority of them smoke now. the ones that want do, the ones that dont dont. there's already peer pressure on them. i know from experience with my own teenage son.

actually, studies have shown that some of the additives can be responsible for a large amount of mental health issues associated with cannabis. if you grow in sympathy, without trying to be greedy with the yield, then you can consume a 100% natural product. dealers do not do this, infact there are plenty of non-natural products used to add apparent weight to their product.

The majority do not smoke now, the majority drink now and legalising cannabis will bring it closer to that level.
    We don't know for sure how it will affect different individuals, just like alcohol.

Opposing views not welcome is the message then.

You've gone from trying to rise people with stupid comments to faux-serious ones now that a mod slapped you on the wrist. Funny thing is, you are utterly clueless in both roles

You've gone from trying to rise people with stupid comments to faux-serious ones now that a mod slapped you on the wrist. Funny thing is, you are utterly clueless in both roles

This is my favourite thing on boards today :)

If you're going to ban things based on how people with mental problems will deal with them then there'll be nothing out there that isnt banned. "Anyone see my shovel?" "Oh, you not hear? Shovels are banned due to the fact that people with mental problems might do damage with them"

I am suggesting the opposite to banning, I am suggesting legalising a regulated supply.

I think it's fairly ingenuous to make a comparison between cannabis and a shovel, in fact it's the same sort of false equivalence which the prohibitionists will launch into at the drop of a hat. I don't think it adds to the argument of either side.

I believe that as a society it is incumbent on us to protect the vulnerable, I would place those with mental illness into that category. A simple GP visits protects those with mental illness and allows those that quite rightly should be allowed to enjoy a smoke to do so. A happy side effect would be the development of alternative methods of ingestion which would reduce the use of tobacco. Kind of a win-win-win.

Once we are talking about changing law, we should be compassionate enough to protect the vulnerable and smart enough to assume personal responsibility via a quick GP visit.

Honestly, if that is a red line for the legalisation campaign then I would say that selfishness is probably counter productive.

I am suggesting the opposite to banning, I am suggesting legalising a regulated supply.

I think it's fairly ingenuous to make a comparison between cannabis and a shovel, in fact it's the same sort of false equivalence which the prohibitionists will launch into at the drop of a hat. I don't think it adds to the argument of either side.

I believe that as a society it is incumbent on us to protect the vulnerable, I would place those with mental illness into that category. A simple GP visits protects those with mental illness and allows those that quite rightly should be allowed to enjoy a smoke to do so. A happy side effect would be the development of alternative methods of ingestion which would reduce the use of tobacco. Kind of a win-win-win.

Once we are talking about changing law, we should be compassionate enough to protect the vulnerable and smart enough to assume personal responsibility via a quick GP visit.

Honestly, if that is a red line for the legalisation campaign then I would say that selfishness is probably counter productive.

100% agree. I think i may have misunderstood you initially. Apologies.

• Advertisement

Good points raised thus far in the last few posts I Am Pie

Who is legalising it for teenagers.
    If were legalised/decriminalised for over 18's/21's then teenagers smoking it will getting it by illict means.
    The same as they are getting it today.

Is this sinking in yet.

Just like Legal alcohol is not legal for kids.
    If they are getting their hands on it then there are rules, procedures etc to deal with that.

Check up the teen use of cannabis in Holland.
    Google it if you feel like being informed.

Here is a highlight.......

It'd be far easier for teenagers to get their hands on it if it's legalised, just like alcohol. It will become more common amongst teenagers to smoke it, just like how common it is for them to drink alcohol.
    Does Holland have the same level of alcohol issues that we do? It's a different culture.

The majority do not smoke now

they do.

ive lived in middle class areas, working class areas.. i even once rented in a really nice area when things were good. everywhere you go teenagers (16-18) are smoking weed.

i think its wrong and i dread the day i have to face it with my teenager, cause i will be a hypocrite but there's no denying its extremely common for that age group to smoke. if you think otherwise your head is in the sand.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well that's the thread decided lads and ladies, I'm glad you enlightened us, could a mod please close it down now :pac:

I know it because I've smoked it and had problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

A truly tragic tale.

That's not funny I've heard of people dieing from Cannabis before. Granted they also had insane levels of Vodka & Barbiturates in them but I feel it was the pot that did it.

• Advertisement

The thing that is most head-scratching about the no side is that they want the status quo to remain in place. How can they not see that the legalisation of cannabis would hit drug dealers extremely hard and only improve the quality and safety of the product that will be inevitably smoked, legal or not? Keeping the status quo means we see guys like John Gilligan living in palaces. Madness

Horseshit

More teenagers smoke cannabis than drink alcohol?

It'd be far easier for teenagers to get their hands on it if it's legalised, just like alcohol. It will become more common amongst teenagers to smoke it, just like how common it is for them to drink alcohol.
    Does Holland have the same level of alcohol issues that we do? It's a different culture.

Think it through, seriously. If teenagers have to go into a chemist and produce ID to buy cannabis, how is that a more easily accessible method than buying off some tracksuited amoral scumbag?

That's not funny I've heard of people dieing from Cannabis before. Granted they also had insane levels of Vodka & Barbiturates in them but I feel it was the pot that did it.

What you feel and what medical science knows are not the same

I know it because I've smoked it and had problems.

My bet is that you have never even been in the same room as it ;)

You really dont know what you're talking about. Legalising cannabis makes it more difficult for teenagers to get their hands on it. Do you think having it illegal and available only from drug dealers is preferable? Really?

Is alcohol difficult for teenagers to get their hands on?
    You really want to add to one bad situation with another?

So that's yes then, opposing views aren't welcome.

Is alcohol difficult for teenagers to get their hands on?
    You really want to add to one bad situation with another?

You'll need to be more subtle than that. Answer my question.

You said cannabis will be easier to get for teenagers if legal. How so? If it is legalised it will be available from chemists. As things stand it is available from criminals. Explain your logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

What's all this about pressure for teens to smoke weed? I'm pretty young and never heard of weed in my teens.

Having said that yes they should legalize it. By legalizing it quality can be controlled and the criminals lose out on a multi million euro market.

So that's yes then, opposing views aren't welcome.

Opposing views are fine. Your views on this thread are solely designed to troll. You have gone from joking about "potheads" to suddenly having had problems with cannabis. Trolling is an artform that, sadly, you do not possess any aptitude for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement