Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric shower or oil heated?

• 07-10-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi. Just lookin for some advice. Currently moving into new house and putting in a new bathroom. Just wondering if electric showers are worth it or would we just run with an oil heated unit?
    Currently living in a house without an electric shower and it isnt really an issue, but with two small kids are we shooting ourselves in foot now re convenience/efficency. Any advice re pros and cons of both options appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

the goon wrote: »
    Hi. Just lookin for some advice. Currently moving into new house and putting in a new bathroom. Just wondering if electric showers are worth it or would we just run with an oil heated unit?
    Currently living in a house without an electric shower and it isnt really an issue, but with two small kids are we shooting ourselves in foot now re convenience/efficency. Any advice re pros and cons of both options appreciated.

Electric shower is 3 to 6 litres per minute. Power shower is 10 to 18 litres.
    An electric shower is the way to go to have a warm shower & not to use too much water.
    A power shower is great but will cost you in your water meter bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

You could go with both options,I have in my main bathroom an electric shower and a power shower.The shower tray is a 900 x900 low level quadrant tray,Loads of room for both showers.When the hot water cylinder is hot the power shower is used.When it lukewarm or cold the electric shower is used,The electric shower is used mostly in the summer months.The power shower is used mostly in winter as the copper cylinder is always hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

agusta wrote: »
    You could go with both options,I have in my main bathroom an electric shower and a power shower.The shower tray is a 900 x900 low level quadrant tray,Loads of room for both showers.When the hot water cylinder is hot the power shower is used.When it lukewarm or cold the electric shower is used,The electric shower is used mostly in the summer months.The power shower is used mostly in winter as the copper cylinder is always hot.

+1
    Great system + you always have an alternative backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭the goon

Thanks a million for advice. Didnt even realise you could have both.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Thanks a million for advice. Didnt even realise you could have both.!

I've pumped shower off mixers taps in bath + electric shower on wall.
    Two seperate shower heads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement