Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price wiring of an oil boiler

Options
  • 07-10-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what an average going rate would be to wire an oil boiler. There is a supply going to the boiler, timer, thermostats and spur switches in place its just the wiring of the burner, pump and thermostat. Any ideas on what this should cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Who ever is installing boiler should easily be capable of doing the wiring.
    30 min. job for a competent installer
    If not why not?
    Don't forget commissioning and passport forms to be returned to manufacture, if not you have no warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

scudo2 wrote: »
    Who ever is installing boiler should easily be capable of doing the wiring.
    30 min. job for a competent installer
    If not why not?
    Don't forget commissioning and passport forms to be returned to manufacture, if not you have no warranty.

Cheers man boiler was second hand and got the missus cousin who is a plumber to install it. He didn't wire it because in his job they let the sparks do that bit. Would this be too small of a job for a sparks to come out for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Sparks do big & small.
    S/H depending on model can use 30-40% more oil compared to new condensung boiler.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

scudo2 wrote: »
    Sparks do big & small.
    S/H depending on model can use 30-40% more oil compared to new condensung boiler.!!!

Yea I didnt have the money for a new one and its just to get me over the winter. Any idea on what kind of money were looking at? €100 maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

macnug wrote: »
    Yea I didnt have the money for a new one and its just to get me over the winter. Any idea on what kind of money were looking at? €100 maybe?

60-80€ thereabouts depending on locaction and who you get

If everything is ready to go as you say

• Advertisement
Advertisement