Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor hyacinth

• 07-10-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I want to grow a few of these.

Firstly, are there 'special' bulbs or is it the way that they are grown that causes them to flower indoors?

Where can I 'bulk buy' the jars or is there something I can get eating to use the jars from?

Thanks.

(Does your regular DIY sell the bulbs?)

From planting, how long generally does it take to flower?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You need 'prepared' bulbs specifically sold for forced indoor flowering. Even then, you usually plant the bulbs and put them somewhere cool and dark (traditionally under the bed, but it might not be cool these days of central heating) until they have put up about an inch of leaf. Then bring them out into the light and warmth of a room to bring them into flower. That is for bulbs in bulb fibre, the ones grown in glass containers with water are similar treatment. You can use any sort of container so long as you can balance the bulb on the top, but the shaped ones are more secure for holding the bulb.

Advertisement