Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alien isolation preorder not playable

Options
  • 07-10-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Any advice here. My mate pre ordered (I know, I know) alien isolation last weekend on xbox live.

The game downloaded, all 24GBs of it with the message:

You can download the game now but it will not be playable until 12.01 IST on 7/10/14

He rushed home today to play it but... Nada. Deleted it and downloaded it again and gets the same message.

Any advice? The time and date settings of the console appear correct.

Cheers
    quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Any advice here. My mate pre ordered (I know, I know) alien isolation last weekend on xbox live.

You can download the game now but it will not be playable until 12.01 IST on 7/10/14

He rushed home today to play it but... Nada. Deleted it and downloaded it again and gets the same message.

Cheers
    quad
    First try holding down the power button for ten seconds and then turning it back on, that fixes a surprising amount of issues. Then try Xbox support on Twitter, they're very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hi folks,

Cheers
    quad

If I'm correct on my time zones your looking at 6:30 am before the game can be played .

IST = India time

Convert to GMT (UK and irish time )

You get 6:30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Nope, he checked again and confirmed that his region is set to Ireland and his time/date/timezone settings were correct.

Turned the console on this morning and it was playable.

But I think that's the last time he'll ever preorder anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Nope, he checked again and confirmed that his region is set to Ireland and his time/date/timezone settings were correct.

Turned the console on this morning and it was playable.

But I think that's the last time he'll ever preorder anything :D

It wasnt his timezome the game was released in India time which was 6:30am this morning hence why he was able to play,

Odd they set it for release in India standard time zone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gatling wrote: »
    It wasnt his timezome the game was released in India time which was 6:30am this morning hence why he was able to play,

Odd they set it for release in India standard time zone

It was bought with the Xbox region set to India, that would be my guess. Every region gets its own "You wont be able to play this until......." when you use the Xbox preorder system.

If you preorder with the region set to Ireland the message will say "you wont be able to play this game until.... GMT"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It was bought with the Xbox region set to India, that would be my guess. Every region gets its own "You wont be able to play this until......." when you use the Xbox preorder system.

If you preorder with the region set to Ireland the message will say "you wont be able to play this game until.... GMT"

But if the console is set to Ireland and the timezone is set to GMT... and the credit card registered is Irish and the console was bought in Ireland...

How can you choose india?

But if the console is set to Ireland and the timezone is set to GMT... and the credit card registered is Irish and the console was bought in Ireland...

How can you choose india?

In the region settings.

Many people switch their console to the US, India or Hong Kong region to buy games at a cheaper price.

My region is set to the US so I can buy most new games for around €42.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Actually I was going to pick this up the other day and was checking the price, but didn't get it. I did note when looking it did say no playable until 21:01 7/10/14 IST and this was with region set to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Nolimits wrote: »
    First try holding down the power button for ten seconds and then turning it back on, that fixes a surprising amount of issues. Then try Xbox support on Twitter, they're very good.

Definitely do not contact Xbox support on twitter. They are hopeless.

Ring up live support.

calex71 wrote: »
    Actually I was going to pick this up the other day and was checking the price, but didn't get it. I did note when looking it did say no playable until 21:01 7/10/14 IST and this was with region set to Ireland.

Looked more into it. Its actually Irish standard time (IST) their referring to not India.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    We run on GMT

We are IST until Oct 26th then we are GMT.

Xbox now has us listed as IST in their marketplace for pre-order release times.

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/ist.html

Advertisement